Zimbabwe Editor Arrested for Poll Rigging Claim

From article on: www.African Crisis.org

Note: The story below merely shows Mugabe’s ongoing crackdown to suppress true press freedom and to prevent news of the real situation getting out of the country.

Getting news from Zimbabwe is not easy. The only news I heard of from old aquaintances there was that blacks had approached them and asked them for the title deeds of their small farm. They are now in their 60’s and their dairy farm is their only source of livelihood.

I suspect many blacks will starve to death, but we’ll only hear about it after the fact.
Jan

Source: Independent (UK)
published: Tue 16-Apr-2002

Mr Moyo wrote to Mr Nyarota two weeks ago, asking him to correct another “false” story reporting that a forum of parliamentarians from the European Union and developing countries had called for the presidential election to be re-run. Mr Nyarota refused. The forum later confirmed that the report was correct …

[Edited due to copyright concerns. Do NOT post copyrighted articles or large parts of copyrighted articles. Short excepts or links only.–Gaudere]

Do not feed the troll.

Minty, now do you agree he’s spamming us? I’ll meet you halfway, though. It’s drive-by spam

Janl, drive-by posting is bad. Spam is much worse. Drive-by spam is right out. Please don’t start GD threads if you’re not willing to come back and defend your OP.

Not to mention he seems to be posting entire articles-copyright violations, anyone?

Besides, I thought you said JanL you weren’t coming back?

And what IS the debate here?

:frowning:

In sheer quantity of drivel, this is certainly starting to resemble spam. I will have to take my drive-by hypothesis under consideration, Truth Seeker. But I have to admit, I’m highly amused at the vision of a troll slinging spiced meat products at Dopers from behind the wheel of a moving car.