Zombieland - Walkin' dead spoilers!

It was awesome. And the best usage of a Metallica song in a movie. The integration of the rules were fantastic too.

Cerberus, you forgot:
Limber Up.

Oh, and one of the best opening title sequences in years!

I just recalled the bit with the piano, and I’m sitting here giggling like a fool.

Absolutely loved it. Cameo was great and saw the outcome from a mile away but still laughed hard. (That’s still a bit tender.)

One thing I did not like was once again the zombies were not (IMHO) real zombies. We get the infection causes peoples brain to swell and become violent and hungry. Not the “dead shall walk the Earth” zombies I prefer. Of course that type of zombie in the movie explains why we don’t have major cities like LA full of millions of undead.

They have video clips of the rules on zombieland.com.

While I did enjoy it, I did not think it was as awesome as most of the others. It had its moments and it was a fun way to kill 80 minutes, but it was only OK. I didn’t mind the cameo - the whole thing was a little campy, so this didn’t detract too much.

I laughed out loud a lot, and when 408 reappeared I jumped sky high. So, successful movie!

I still greatly prefer Shaun of the Dead, but this was a lot of fun. Buck made me cry - it was amazing how something that played so comically in the first iteration (despite my suspicions) could be so poignant in the replay.

Anyone stay till the end? “In the words of Jean Paul Sartre . . .” :smiley:

Damnit! Was there an after the credit scene? Can anyone spoil it for me?

It wasn’t anything monumental:It was the scene of Woody next to Bill right after he died. He says, "In the words of Jean Paul Sartre . . . " and then kind of screws it up and says, “I can’t do it . . .how . . .?” And Bill wakes up and does his groundskeeper voice: “In the words of Jean Paul Sartre . . . au revoir, gophair.”

This was a lot funnier than i expected it to be. Does anyone else think they were really hoping to get Michael Cera to play the main guy? his voice and mannerisms reminded me a lot of him, just not as cute.

I was waiting and hoping for someone to bust out “Let’s show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!”

The cameo was eh for me, it felt like a “product placement” cameo, but the movie was a light fun film I laughed and enjoyed it. No more no less.

Were there some references to classic horror movies? I remember noticing a couple things that could have been, but right now all I can remember is the shower curtain coming down in the college flashback (Psycho).

Oh and can someone explain the “3” thing for me?

I assumed it was a NASCAR thing. Dale Earnhardt maybe?

Yep. That was his car’s number.

“Thank God for rednecks!”

That makes sense, thanks guys.

I just got back from this thing.

I hereby declare Zombieland the greatest movie of the decade. I was thinking of declaring it the greatest movie of the century, but the century’s not even one tenth over yet, and I suppose it’s possible that a greater movie could conceivably be made in the next 91 years.

Maybe.

I went and saw the movie last night and I thought it was great. It is “Zombie lite” and probably one of the most lighthearted Zombie films ever made (Shaun of the Dead is funny but not lighthearted). The cameo had me clapping my hands with delight–the man has a direct line to my funnybone as well. I like how it went from hilarious to poignant, and like all good Zombie movies, it had a nice central message and people learned more about themselves.

I liked the movie, but that lame, tacked on tag line was possibly the lamest thing in it (or three things – the whole audience winced each time it was said). BM was the best.

Well, I think it was supposed to be kinda lame.

I was thinking about this movie today at work, and I realized how it’s not really a zombie movie at all. Pretty much all zombie movies are about surviving zombies. Except for the first and last scenes, they’re never under any real threat. Really, the movie is about what kind of life do you live when 99.9% of the world is (un)dead. I’d file it closer to post-apocalyptic fiction than zombie fiction.

I saw this yesterday and loved it! Went to a theater with a bar. The movie started out great and got better and better with time :smiley:

Ahh, ok. I don’t know anything about NASCAR, so I suppose it makes sense. I was thinking that’s how old “Puppy” was when he died.