Staind... Why do people like these guys?

I just can’t stand it any more. Every time I turn in the radio I get beat down by Aaron whats-his-asses whiny voice. I don’t think I have ever heard any vocalist whine and moan so much about how pathetic he is. Its aggravating. What is it that people like about this group? The guitars are mediocre and the lyrics, well the lyrics sound like they were lifted from some suckers suicide letter.

PLEASE STAIND, GO AWAY!!

(before you even say it, I cant “change the channel” or “turn it off” because it is the only station that they play at work and I cant bring headphones)

To be honest, I really love the song Mudshovel. It’s great for those suffering from a broken heart, especially if you’re one of those people full of rage. But as for the rest of their stuff, I agree with you. And changing the channel doesn’t work because, at least here, they’re played on any station that plays “popular/alternative” music. And, a lot of other bands on the radio lately sound just like them. Same whinny, “I suck” kind of lyrics. That’s why I just stick to listening to tapes in my car.

The first time I heard Staind’s third single (won’t ever know the name, cause I don’t care), I laughed harder than I had all year long.

Staind fucking sucks, but they’re popular because they’ve got a lot of angst, and that’s what a lot of teenagers want. Music aimed at teenagers sucks if you’re not a teenager.

If that moron from Limp Biscuts says they are cool, then they must be cool. Right? That is how this thing works isn’t it?

Staind sucks, but at least they are no Creed… oh wait…

As much as I hated the power ballads from the 80’s, I’ll take “Every Rose has Its Thorn” (Poison) and “18 and Life” (Skid Row) any day over these chuckleheads.

Different strokes for different folks, right? I like Staind, but my fingers pratically move on their own volition to switch the station whenever Creed, DMB, Godsmack, Metalica, The Goo Goo Dolls, U2(‘less its a pre-92’ song) The Strokes, Train or Sum41 come on the radio.

As much as I like music, I’m somewhat happy that we can’t have the radio on at work, because no one agrees on the same types of music. And after an entire year of being forced to listen to NPR (which I hate more than any station but sports ones) I can see where you’re coming from…

Fellow Staind hater here. I agree. Their music gets friggin rediculous after a while. Everyone thinks they’re the greatest thing that’s ever happened to music, and they’ve had…one “hit” album? UM, yeah, theyr’e the next Beatles…

Don’t worry, they’ll fizzle out with their next album, i’m sure of it.

Ill agree with you there. I am actually starting to have an apprieciation for cock-rock now. Im 25 and grew up on Crue, Skid Row, Poison and the like. I am so sick of the bullshit they call “rock” on the radio today that I actually have broken out Faster Pussycat a few times in the last month or so :eek:

BUT, I really have started digging Creeds guitar player as of late. Lyrics suck, but I think Mark Tremonti has the super ballad touch.

(I normally listen to very heavy music like Sepultura, Hatebreed, Earth Crisis and the like, so its a big deal for me to admit I am liking some cock-rock!! :eek: )

I loved Staind’s last album, Dysfunction, from 2 or 3 years ago. It had some really cool guitar riffs, and some of the songs were actually about something other than mommy and daddy not paying attention to poor Aaron.

But I just cannot stand their new album. Its a polished, poppy, whiny, un-rocking, uncreative, mediocre throw-away. It sounds just like all the other junk on the radio today and I am no longer a Staind fan.

I still like Dysfunction though!

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I hate them but they certainly ain’t my cup of tea, and if you think they’re bad on the radio pray you never see them live.

A went to a rock festival last year and Staind was the last band to play (well except for a DJ who everyone walked out on; sorry Mixmaster Mike) and the crowd was pretty worked up from the previous acts so you figure people should be tearing the place down for the headliner. Staind came out and it was forty-five minutes of aural-valium. I was about fifteen feet or so from the stage and the crowd just stood there because Staind played almost no fast paced songs, it was mostly ballads. Blech. The only reason I go these things at my age (26) is because fighting crowds and working through mosh pits are my form of primal scream.

I think Pearl Jam had something to do with the pathetic, whiny style of vocals that are popular now. They seem to have picked it up after their first album, then Stone Temple Pilots kind of morphed to be like them… then Counting Crows, and all of a sudden it’s popular to whimper out your vocals.

What I hate even more is the higher-pitched vocals sung through the nose that are popular right now… yet somehow also have the whiny quality to them. I don’t know the name of the band, but one of them they play on the radio right now has lyrics that go, “Say it ain’t so, I will not go…” etc etc.

The degree that the music industry is homogenizing is absolutely unbelievable. I literally cannot tell some of these bands apart any more.

That’d be Blink-182.

Hey, at least Matchbox-20 seems to have gone!