We Have Lost A Friend

I have just had some REALLY bad news, and I don’t even know how to tell you all. One of my best friends poohpah chalupa was killed Wednesday night. His friend emailed me to let me know and I am so upset and in shock that I called Shayna and asked her to find out if it is true. Unfortunately, it is. I am pretty much destroyed here, and I can’t seem to come up with the right words to tell you what a wonderful person Scott was, so I am just going to jump in and do the best I can. I am sure that many of you will be able to help me…Scott touched so many lives here in such a giving and loving manner.

Scott had a heart as big as all outdoors. He lived his life with love and caring and if you needed him he was ALWAYS there for you. He adored his wife and looked forward to spending his “golden years” sitting on the porch with her, rocking chairs side by side, holding hands. It is an image I will never lose. He worked hard and gave his friends everything he had. He was my cherished friend, and my life will never be as bright again now that I have lost him. I know that many of you here feel the same.

It is entirely characteristic that his last legacy to this board is a thread of Thanksgiving.

Scott’s Last Legacy
We love you, Scott. You will never be forgotten, and the warmth of your friendship will live in our hearts forever.

Note : Spelling corrected by request of the OP. - E.

I never really interacted with Poopah, but this is a shock. I enjoyed his name and his posts. Goodbye, friend. :frowning:

This is a shock.

Oh dear god…I’m so sorry Scotti. :frowning:

(((HUGS)))

I can’teven post.

:frowning:

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Oh my… I never really interacted with him but he seemed like a wonderful man.

hugs to Scotticher and poopah chalupa’s family

[goes off to look for silver lining]

At the risk of being the embodiment of callous, let’s be glad he was with us for Thanksgiving:)

Requiat in pace.

I can only echo Hardygrrl’s post: My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Wow. I hope his family is doing all right. I’ll be thinking of them and you Scotticher.

Somehow, the words to “he ain’t heavy, he’s my brother,” are running through my head right now. Scotticher, if you need any of us, don’t be affraid to ask.

Sympathies from myself and my family to you, yours, and his.
I have no words - but I remember too well how it feels.
{pc’s memories}

This is a loss for us, but especially for those closest to him - I’ll try to keep his friends and family in my thoughts, and keep in mind his last thread as a reminder to treasure those people you care about.

I can’t say I knew the guy well, but I read his posts, and he seemed like a really lovely bloke.

I’ll keep his family and friends in my thoughts.

. . . . . . :frowning: There are no words that can express how sad this is.

I too, am at a loss for words.

Terribly sad news. My thoughts and condolences to everyone, as we are all affected by the loss of a friend.

I’m so sorry Scotticher. You, his family and friends are in our thoughts.

Oh…

I seriously do not know what to say. Oh man, that’s sad.

So very, very sad - he was always so sweet to me on the boards. He will be missed.

DAMN!
I enjoyed his posts. For lack of a more eloquent phrase, this sucks. God, I hate death.

You’re in my thoughts, Scotti, as well as his family and friends.

Such a sad day. . . but his Thanksgiving thread will be a wonderful reminder of a sweet, caring man.