ChiefScott [has passed away]

For those of you old timers I feel in my heart I must share some sad news. I have just found this out myself and with a heavy heart I must say our Chief has passed away. I really know of no details. The Chief brought me here many years ago. We had such a wonderful time and met many wonderful people. I loved him with all my heart, but I knew the direction he must take in life and I had to step away.

Scott and I had not spoken in may years, but a place he stayed and will always stay was in my heart.

I felt I had to pass this on. This board brought him many of happy days, at sea and on land.

I wish his family well and I pray his son will always know the love his father had.

I was his GBS (aka Girlbysea)

I hope you young people out there enjoy and have fun as we did, years ago.

God bless you all, and lets say…
Fair Winds And Following Seas to our CHIEFSCOTT!!

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

(I’m truly saddened by this news. I didn’t know him well, but I’ll never forget how much he hated the damned smilies).

Oh, dear. My thoughts are with you in this time, and thank you for thinking of us.

Edited thread title.

Colibri

I remember the Chief well. I thought he had left the board some time ago, but it seems he posted a handful of times since 2008. He was a 99’er.

How sad, he was a funny and fun poster. :frowning: Take good care, and thanks for letting us know GirlBySea.

:frowning: I have great memories of his ocean-oriented posts, and his relationship with GirlBySea in the early days too.

I am sad…

I’m very sorry to hear about this, Girlbysea. I don’t remember interacting with ChiefScott myself but it’s always sad to hear when our community loses someone. I found this entry at the website of the funeral home that handled his memorial. I’m not sure what happened, but it’s a shame to see someone die relatively young and leave so many family behind - a wife, a son, his parents, and a bunch of brothers and sisters. Very sad.

I’m sticking this thread so it will stay on the top of the MPSIMS forum page for a while.

This truly saddens me. The guy was great.

:frowning:

I remember Chief Scott – and you too, his Girl By The Sea.

I hope you are well and happy and appreciate that you returned to give us this update.

Oh, I do remember Chief Scott – I assumed he got busy and just stepped away, as people do.

::: sigh :::

Condolences to his family.

ChiefScott was a familiar name to me, though I can’t say we ever interacted. (We may have.) His last activity was two days before he died.

I always hate reading about the deaths of my ‘imaginary friends’.

Far too soon.

RIP, ChiefScott

Oh, my. I’m so sorry to hear that. :frowning:

The Chief was a fellow Deadhead and I remember him well.

Goin’ home, goin’ home, by the riverside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs and rock my soul.

OMG, I remember Chief Scott very well. We interacted quite a bit. His hatred of smileys was hilarious, as was he.

It’s sad that no one in his life at the time of his death last August, knew about his time here and how much he loved it.

I’m reading the condolences on the site Marley posted, and this one got the tears flowing:
“Many Sailors you led in uniform are now leading in your footsteps. Rest your oars, shipmate. We have the watch.”
Dammit.

Rest in peace, old friend. ::sad face::

I remember him well, for his masterful thread about birds “drowning” in the perfect storm–or not…

Sad news. :frowning:

Sad news.

Staff Report by ChiefScott: Why is there a hole in the lid of some Kiwi shoe polish cans?

Is there any better way to remember him than to read his words?