Do you enjoy the IFC?

I so enjoy the independent film channel. I’ve seen so many great movies lately and I was just wondering if anyone else catches flicks on this channel every now and again. I saw running with the bulls a few nights ago. Adam Goldberg is pretty funny, I’m interested in seeing more of his work.

I also saw the original insomnia and solaris on this channel. A clockwork orange was on early the other morning. I get up early with my son and I'm usually surprised at the gems ifc shows...

The whole reason that I shelled out for digital cable at home was because they stopped showing IFC on regular cable.

Haj

I live and breathe the Independent Film Channel, the Sundance Channel, Fox Movie Classics and Turner Classic Movies. My Tivo works overtime getting movies from them. There aren’t enough hours in the day to watch all the movies I want from those channels, but I can pick and choose, and hold them on my Tivo hard drive until I’m ready to watch.

There are always good movies on IFC, but some to keep an eye out for in the next week or so (using IFC’s descriptions, which are kind of dry, but I’ve seen and liked all of these):

Gates of Heaven - Filmmaker Errol Morris focuses on people behind the business of a California pet cemetery. Documentary.

All the Little Animals - An emotionally damaged young man (Christian Bale) flees his scheming stepfather and meets a hermit (John Hurt) who loves animals. Drama.

Girlfight - A young Latina (Michelle Rodriguez) hones her boxing skills at a Brooklyn gym, where she falls in love for the first time with a fellow boxer. Drama.

The Real Blonde - A couple (Matthew Modine, Catherine Keener) handle life’s frustrations. Drama/Comedy.

Man of the Century - An engaging Manhattan reporter, Johnny Twenties (Gibson Frazier), has a demeanor that seems to be decades behind his times. Comedy.

Delicatessen - Underground Troglodins resist a black-market cannibal butcher somewhere in the future. Black Comedy.

Sweet and Lowdown - In the 1930s a great jazz guitarist (Sean Penn) clashes with lovers (Samantha Morton, Uma Thurman), gangsters and other musicians. Comedy.

Other titles that leapt out at me: Wim Wenders’ Buena Vista Social Club, Neil LaBute’s Your Friends and Neighbors,

Ooops, hit submit too soon. The last line was, and Jim Jarmusch’s Night On Earth.