Do a majority of women stuff their bra?

Being a naturally buxom babe, I dread shoping for new bras, just because they all seem to come with that awkward and useless padding. Finding a nice bikini sans padding is harder than finding the Holy Grail. I was bitching about this to one of my roommates, and she, with a perplexed look on her face, asked “Don’t you stuff your bra?”

“Of course not!” I replied. To prove it to her, I fetched one of my bras and showed her that I’m not sporting anything that isn’t me. She was frankly astonished, and confessed that all her bras are stuffed about five sizes bigger.

I found this odd. Most of the women in my family are busty, and my best friend doesn’t even wear a bra, so I don’t have much comparison, but it never occured to me to wonder if most of the breasts I see everyday are – ahem – enhanced. Are we women so insecure about our twins that we resort to this false advertising? I’m sure someone could do some sort of study on this by finding the number of bras sold and then subtract the number without padding in order to figure how many women wear stuffed bras.

.:Nichol:.

Well, it pisses me off too, since my twins are much bigger after having my kids.

In fact, the last time I went bra shopping with my sister-in-law, it was hysterical. She and her A cups are in the dressing room asking “do you have anything smaller?”, while I am next door asking “do you have anything bigger?” The twins were DD at the time, I did not need any padding thankyouverymuch!

But it doesn’t seem to matter (size, I mean). I just bought a new bra, 34D, and it’s got padding disguised as “lining.” I can understand an A or B cup with a little extra help, but come on!

Anecdotal and totally unscientific survey- I went to Victoria’s Secret and was hard-pressed to find bras that weren’t padded at least a little. Maybe so many women wear padded bras because they have little choice when they shop.

I want the boobs to look good. If a certain bra does that, great. But I really don’t need padding to do that!

When I was younger and in high school I never saw bras with all that extra padding,now you can’t seem to get away from it! I too am rather buxom and really don’t appreciate all the extra stuffing. Seems that these days I can’t find a nice cute yet sexy bra without being forced to enhance my clevage(push-up,stuffed,silicone wedges,water bras etc…) and all others make me look like a granny. I believe that all these stuffies became the norm somewhere in the the early 90’s when I guess showing more clevage became more acceptable and became more of a fashion thing

I think most bras come equiped with some padding.

I’ve managed to find a couple that don’t, however, I always have the high-beams on (it’s genetic - I really can’t help it) and that’s not a great look for some occasions. On those occasions, I wear a padded bra.

I have a water bra that I bought on a whim - I was shopping with a smaller boobed friend that had complained that one of her friends was rude about her needing a water bra. So I bought one, just to make her feel ok about buying hers.

Man - I could suffocate myself in that thing if I wasn’t careful. :smiley:

The trend does seem to be towards those foam cup bras. Have you ever seen one of those in a DD cup? Looks pretty darn ridiculous.

I think, though, that the padding is less to make the breasts look bigger (especially in the larger sizes) and more to ensure that breasts retain their Barbie doll smoothness no matter what the weather, because, of course, we cannot ever, under any circumstances, indicate that there may in fact be a nipple at the end of our breasts, can we? :rolleyes:

No, I never stuffed and never knew a girl who did. (Would they admit it? Who knows.)

I despise the recent “popularity” of padded bras and lack of fun ones. I used to shop at La Senza religiously until they went girly on me. Instead of wacky fun bras, they are now stocking pastels. UGH! Shopping for bras in no longer fun.

I’m 34B and wish I was smaller. They just get in my way. :smiley:

You guys must shop in a different store than I do. I’ve never bought a padded bra, although I’ve seen them, and the vast majority of the ones I see are not padded. Wacoal, Bali, Warners, Maidenform, all the big names make non-padded bras. I was just at Frederick’s of Hollywood lat night and looked at about 20 bras, and none of them were padded (although there were some padded ones in the store).

I do agree, they are awful. Why anyone would want one is beyond me.

ah I see why you need padded bras now :slight_smile:

Do not taunt wacky fun bra.

I hadn’t realized how popular padded bras were until I saw them at Lane Bryant. You think DD push up bras look ridiculous, you should see the DDD bras! If I want a chin rest I’ll get the flying butress option on my next Wacoal, thankyouverymuch.

Try a store that specializes in lingerie. Victorias secret has all those padded and water bras but also have a great assortment of just plain sliky/lacy things. My twins have changed in size over the years from a teeny A cup to an oversized for my body D cup to my current happy C.

I only wear those padded foamy cup things when I wear a T-shirt because lace makes them look bumpy. I do wear underwires though b/c I like the cleavage.

Good lingerie stores usually stock a bra for all shapes, sizes and occaisions.

Oh PS - no I never stuffed and I bought a water bra once because I was pressured into it by a chesty friend and felt utterly ridiculous. I only wore it once.

Most sorority girls I know stuff and those girls say that all the other girls in their group stuff too. They have these plastic, squisky things with a little nipple thing on 'em. They look very real. Cheaters. That is false advertising, dang it.

Most sorority girls I know stuff and those girls say that a lot of the other girls in their group stuff too. They have these plastic, squisky things with a little nipple thing on 'em. They look very real. Cheaters. That is false advertising, dang it.

I’m with alice on this one. I need a brassiere with a little padding to combat the headlight situation. I get enough stares as it is…

. . . um, I think by definition they all do . . . with (at least) their boobs . . . :smiley:

A good HS friend of mine used to stuff hers, but eventually gave up on it. We convinced her how silly it was. Myself, I wish I could unstuff mine in some manner that didn’t involve either cosmetic surgery or duct tape. I also hate padded ones, but wish the comfy, non-padded ones in my size didn’t tend to look quite so much like Sherman tanks. Headlights? Who the hell cares, anyway? That’s what my body does sometimes; deal with it!

Se now I always wondered about those…say you are wearing them for a night out,you hook up with a guy, and he’s probably noticed your “nice rack” So things are getting all touchy feely when suddenly he pulls out that 1/2 a fake boob thing compleat with fake nipple…now how do you explain that to somemone? Or what if it falls out?? I mean if I was ever with a guy and he was wearing a little fake “helmet” I would seriously be wondering about him…is it that much different with girls?

I’m a 40D, so Ihave no need to pad, even back in the day when I had dents instead of bumps I didn’t pad …

The mall stores here have all kinds, non-padded and in varying degrees of padded-ness.

Er … about those nipples…

I don’t know if it was breast-feeding that did it or what, but mine stick out like two corks. Big-@$$ corks.

So, I get bras with enough lining in them so’s I don’t frighten people in Kroger.

You’re welcome.