The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > The BBQ Pit

Old 05-08-2003, 02:50 PM

Cum guzzling gutter sluts

I was inspired to do this rant because of someone's thread about the rollerblading beotch. So rather than overtake her rant, I thought I'd do my own.

This is about a woman who is a rotten cum guzzling gutter slut who is a scar on the face of females everywhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by ultress
The type of woman you describe in this thread, actually cares nothing at all for other women. She has no girlfriends to hang out with, she doesn't have any females that she can call to chat with because she alienates them all and prefers the company of men. I've run into many women in that category. They just don't like other women.
You're right on target with this. My "nemesis" of sorts is this girl I'll call "puke breath." Well, puke breath does not have female friends, women are nothing but competition to her. She will try to give your boyfriend a blow job while you're going to the restroom. She's about 40, washed up, dried up and generally disgusting. The only way she even gets men to pay attention to her is because she waits until they are so drunk that they are willing to let her suck their dick.

She fancies herself to be on the same level as some of the beautiful, sweet girls I hang out with, but she is not. She is horribly disgusting. She gets completely wasted and her breath always smells as if she has just thrown up. Most of the guys can't stand her, she has to rely on new unsuspecting victims. She is so generally despised that three normally non violent women I know have actually gotten into physical altercations with her. She's the kind of person that really gets under my skin. Her behavior is so reprehensible that I can't believe she even has the nerve to go out in public.

I used to feel sorry for this woman, until she tried to pull some of this shit on me. Now I have no sympathy.

I could go on all day, but you probably get the gist.
Advertisements  
Old 05-08-2003, 03:00 PM

You know Joan Collins?
Old 05-08-2003, 03:03 PM

While I'm no, er, what the title of the OP is, I prefer the company of men to women.

I don't dislike other women, though, I just never outgrew some of my tomboy-ish ways, I guess.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:07 PM

Blehch! The female you describe sounds like what a lot of the young females around here will become. At least she's right out there, where you can easily spot her and not hiding away. Still, I bet it is a nightmare to have her around sniffing at the crotches of nearby males. *Shudder*

I too, don't trust the company of females. It takes me a while to trust anyone, but for some reason it takes me longer to trust females. This is not always the case, there have been several females I've trusted almost instantly, and several males too.

This wariness is probably due in part to the fact that I've never forgotten the locker room talk of my classmates. They were manipulative, conniving, dishonest creatures. I can't trust people who would do things like that to the person they are dating. It's hard not to think of what I've seen personally as the behavior of average females.

I fight this pre-conception every time I meet someone new. It's at the point now, that I will gingerly trust them, but not too far. I'll believe the person I'm meeting is an honorable sort, that will act with dignity, and integrity until they show by their own actions otherwise. Or, if they show they have honor, I trust them more.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:29 PM

Personally, I don't trust women who don't have female friends. The one woman I've known who flat-out admitted this to me turned out to be a total user. (and she was only 20, btw)
It's different if a woman "prefers" the company of men, and only has a few female friends. But I still keep an eye out.

I don't worry much about manipulative women though. Having been raised by a manipulative single mother, I can spot what I call "feminine whiles" a mile away. And the whole "withholding sex" technique of manipulation? A well-publicized (and expensive!) trip to a strip club everytime it happened seemed to cure the one woman who tried it on me.

[Homer Simpson] Mmmm. . . .strippers. . . .[/Homer Simpson]
Old 05-08-2003, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lieu
You know Joan Collins?

Snort! Good kill cept she is 50-60 something, not 40
Old 05-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

Indygrrl, no matter how much you hate this woman, I'd lay bets that she loathes herself even more.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard
Personally, I don't trust women who don't have female friends. The one woman I've known who flat-out admitted this to me turned out to be a total user. (and she was only 20, btw)
It's different if a woman "prefers" the company of men, and only has a few female friends. But I still keep an eye out.
I don't have female friends, except for a few high school friends that I never get to see. But it's not because I'm a C.G.G.S. It's because the types of women I tend to befriend are the ones who ARE C.G.G.S.

I'm sure you know the type:
1. Everything is always about them
2. They are always the loudest person in the room
3. Everything is a competition--weight loss, salary, new clothes, men, etc.
4. They say things they think are brilliant (always have to impress, you know) while you're trying hard not to snicker at their stupidity because they're wrong.
5. They hate confrontation.
6. They are very passive-aggressive because they're too chickenshit to say anything directly for fear that they'll end up in a confrontation.
7. They have VERY low self-esteem.
8. They can never keep a man and can't understand why.
9. They can never keep friends and can't understand why.
10. They usually only have one good friend, if any (usually some sucker like me).

The last one is what I would repeat over and over in my head when a friend like this would piss me off but after awhile, I got my own self-esteem and dumped these friends. It was the best thing I have ever done. Since then (about three years ago), I haven't had any female friends.

Now my best friends are my husband, my brother and my brother's wife. Okay, that last one is a female, but she's awesome. I've been burned so many times by rotten friendships I can't seem to trust women enough to make friends. I get along great with other women, I just don't befriend them anymore.

God, this was long. Sorry.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:49 PM

I don't have female friends. I have a couple of female acquaintances I occasionally talk to and even less occasionally am in the same room as.

Mostly that's because I really don't meet women who have enough in common with me to carry on any type of continued conversation that lasts more than 20 or 30 minutes.

I have been, am and always will be 'one of the guys.'

This does not make me evil, a shrew, or a 'cum guzzling gutter slut' who wants to suck some guy's dick while his girlfriend is in the bathroom.

Yeah, those chicks exist, but that doesn't mean generalizing all women who have only male friends in that manner is at all accruate.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:58 PM
BANNED

Indy, does her name start with D?
Old 05-08-2003, 08:24 PM

'cum guzzling gutter slut'

You say this like it's a bad thing...

"You might as well give your son a ticket to hell as give him a 5-string banjo"
Old 05-08-2003, 08:48 PM

Ya know, PharmBoy, I was just thinking the exact same thing...

Wouldn't be caught deaad with 'em, but they can come in handy...
Old 05-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Mostly harmless
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by akennett

Wouldn't be caught deaad with 'em, but they can come in handy...
No, I come in handy because my life lacks CGCSen...
Old 05-08-2003, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I've known a few girls before who liked to hang out mostly with men, they are generally users, but it usually gets to the point where we've figured her out and stopped giving her what she wanted from us.

There have been a handful of girls in the service fraternity I belong to, since we're legally forced to be co-ed. Well, the first girl to come into the fraternity pretty much admitted during the pledge process (we're not just a sign-up-you're-in sort of service fraternity, we have a touch of social fraternity to us) that she only wanted to do it because she wanted to be the first girl, just some ego-tripping woman who thought of herself as shattering that mythical glass ceiling, pretty pointless since our fraternity isn't even that good as a resume point, and no better than the sister sorority.

Since then, we've had women who came in who were the "I mostly like to hang out with men, I don't really like women" type. Well, from my experience, these women just like the natural attention they get as the only woman amongst men. With no female peers around to be compared to, they find themselves the center of sexual attraction in the room. In the "just friends" context, this is "safe" sexual attention, attention in a setting in which she doesn't have to worry about anything coming of it. Meanwhile, they exploit the natural tendency of men to be very helpful to women. And in the specific context of an organization, even though they should be held to the exact same standard as the men, they often get away with just about anything because subconsciously men have lower expecations from women and write alot of things off as "well, women, what do you expect?"

Clearly, this type of girl likes to be with men, because other women won't put up with her bullshit, and because men give her the constant attention she desires.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:32 PM

Quote:
And the whole "withholding sex" technique of manipulation?
And BTW, what is with women and that trick? I always kind of hoped that was just a sitcom cliche, that it didn't really happen, but I occasionnally hear that it does. If some girl tried to pull this Lysistrata-play on me, I sure wouldn't go along, I might even be tempted to drop her. That's so dishonest and immature. If this is what you want to do, then just come out and say "I won't have sex with you unless you change your decision," then we can decide whether we still want to date someone who's that manipulative and juvenile.

If I stayed with a girl who was so immature as to pull this trick, I probably wouldn't do a strip club as you suggest. I'd probably just stick to my decision and play it out until she gets tired of it. That way, if she knows the trick won't work, she'll learn not to do it again. A girl that manipulative and juvenile has to be trained with carrot-and-stick just like a dog, show her that her ploy won't work and she won't repeat it. After all, that's what she's trying to do to you, isn't it?
Old 05-08-2003, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Since then, we've had women who came in who were the "I mostly like to hang out with men, I don't really like women" type. Well, from my experience, these women just like the natural attention they get as the only woman amongst men.
Or some of us just have more in common with men than we do with women.

I've never had a guy friend suggest that everyone go to the bathroom as a group, think that spending a saturday shopping for antique lace wrapped candle holders full of potpourri would be fun, or ask me about some new type of makeup in this month's Cosmo.

There are women who spend all their time with men for the 'safe sexual attention', but your brush is too broad here.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:21 PM

Reading the OP has made me accutely aware that I have forgotten to brush my teeth this morning.

By the way, any chance of ejecting her from your group?
Old 05-09-2003, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RexDart

Since then, we've had women who came in who were the "I mostly like to hang out with men, I don't really like women" type. Well, from my experience, these women just like the natural attention they get as the only woman amongst men. With no female peers around to be compared to, they find themselves the center of sexual attraction in the room.
Exactly!

And catsix, don't think we're being too broad. We're talking about a pretty specific type here. Women like what you dscribe usually never say they would rather hang out with men, unless asked. That is not the type of woman we're talking about here.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by catsix

<snip>

There are women who spend all their time with men for the 'safe sexual attention', but your brush is too broad here.
Couldn't agree with you more here catsix.

I find it hard to relate with women, although I do have female friends. It's just that most of my female friends don't share my passion for motorcycling or working on my own vehicles (which doesn't really go well with makeup and potpourri). I don't paint my nails, and don't like doing the whole "girly girl" lifestyle. I have had female friends of mine try to turn me more girly, but it hasn't worked! Ha! It's not necessarily that I prefer men but they generally have more common interests, and men don't bitch about their cramps!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Exactly!

And catsix, don't think we're being too broad. We're talking about a pretty specific type here. Women like what you dscribe usually never say they would rather hang out with men, unless asked. That is not the type of woman we're talking about here.
Right, and I'll give an example. There's a girl me and my pals hang out with, and it so happens she used to play high school basketball, still plays pickup games at the gym (I've gone to watch her a couple times), and so it's not surprising that if we invite people over to watch the Missouri game on TV that she'll come around. She knows as much about basketball as we do, we share that interest, so we end up sharing the evening with her and a bunch of guys. But she's not the type to make it a point to proclaim how much she didn't like hanging around with girls, and she has no irrational aversion to the company of women. She just wants to watch sporting events with other sports fans, who just happen to be mostly men.

Ladies, if you have a common interest with us guys, feel free to enjoy that with us and we'll be glad to have you around. But don't pretend that you're 100% "one of the boys", because the vast majority of guys act much differently when women are around then when they're with just the guys, and even the most tomboyish girl doesn't count as a guy for those purposes, it's biological and subconscious. You just can't get around it girls. But if you understand that limitation, and you aren't trying to be an attention whore or just play us for our natural sympathies or otherwise use and exploit us, then I've no problem with it.

Oh, and apparently there's one other type of woman who likes to hang exclusively with guys -- as long as they're gay guys. I know a girl like that, she hung with the 2-3 gay friends of mine pretty much all the time. According to one of my gay friends, this is actually pretty common, and he refers to them as "fag hags" (his phrase, not mine.) Seems like there's something a little screwed up about that, and my friend says alot of gay men have pretty low tolerance for it. What those women's motivations could be, I haven't a clue.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:22 AM

Quote:

Oh, and apparently there's one other type of woman who likes to hang exclusively with guys -- as long as they're gay guys. I know a girl like that, she hung with the 2-3 gay friends of mine pretty much all the time. According to one of my gay friends, this is actually pretty common, and he refers to them as "fag hags" (his phrase, not mine.) Seems like there's something a little screwed up about that, and my friend says alot of gay men have pretty low tolerance for it. What those women's motivations could be, I haven't a clue.
Fag Hags are actually a well-recognized aspect of ife in gay communities. The article I linked to describes it as a positive experience for the woman involved, but what your friend says more closely matches what I've observed in reality.
Most gay guys I know (including a fairly close personal friend) don't have a whole lot of use for women. If they did, they probably wouldn't be gay. Some border on outright misogyny.
To be fair, all the gay men I know are over 30, and came out later in life. the ones I knew in college were much more tolerant. My own opinion on what the benefits to the hag might be is that she gets most of the benefits of friendship with girls, but none of the drawbacks, and also doesn't have to deal with any sexual tension.
I'm no expert, but I think the gay men who don't like fag hags probably feel they are immature hangers on. They can't handle the sexual attention of straight men in an adult fashion, so they hide in the company of gays. In this sense, they could be seen to be using their gay friends. And nobody likes to be used. Older gay men are less tolerant of this because, like older people of either gender or orientation, they more aware of manipulation when it happens.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
A girl that manipulative and juvenile has to be trained with carrot-and-stick just like a dog, show her that her ploy won't work and she won't repeat it. After all, that's what she's trying to do to you, isn't it?
I would think carrot-and-stick would work better on bunnies.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:37 AM

Quote:
[BMost gay guys I know (including a fairly close personal friend) don't have a whole lot of use for women. If they did, they probably wouldn't be gay. Some border on outright misogyny.[/B]
How extraordinarily sad. Maybe I'm just weird, but with my friends it tends to be person first, gender second.

It may be that I more generally shop for clothes with my female friends, and technology with my male friends, but it also happens the other way round.

Depending where I've lived, sometimes I've had nearly all female friends, sometimes nearly all male. It's just circumstance. Currently, it's a happy mix of both genders.

CGGSs: most that I have met are severely emotionally disturbed, with massive psychologic problems, rock-bottom self-esteem and a history of failed (if not abusive) relationships. And/or they come from less happy backgrounds, with few parental or other examples of open and happy relationships.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:46 AM

Re: Cum guzzling gutter sluts

Quote:
Originally posted by Indygrrl
...she waits until men are so drunk that they are willing to let her suck their dick.
Okay, okay, it's time to come clean: I wasn't really all that drunk.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kambuckta
I'd lay bets that she loathes herself even more.

Hell, you'd lay anything.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by istara
How extraordinarily sad. Maybe I'm just weird, but with my friends it tends to be person first, gender second.
Maybe you're just weird. Now, I'm not saying that a person should be defined by their gender above the substance of their character, but I don't think gender can be so casually ignored when forging friendships. Biologically, we are programmed to notice gender first when we look at someone, and so any interpersonal relationship begins with gender-awareness before we speak a word to the person.

I think that men and women, in general, have widely divergent worldviews and interests (in the broader sense of the word, narrow and specific interests of course overlap all the time) and see things through entirely different lenses. It's not quite like trying to forge a friendship between Jack Chick and the Dalai Lama, but there's certainly a gap in perspective between men and women that makes forging friendships any deeper than mere casual acquiantance less than easy. As Billy Crystal points out in When Harry Met Sally, the sex thing tends to get in the way. Consciously or subconsciously.

I find that some guys who have alot of female friends are insecure and have esteem issues, like they don't feel as if they could be worthy of being with a woman romantically, so they surround themselves with women as friends just to settle for any sort of attention they can get from females.

Yeah, you can have acquaintance-level friendships with people of any gender without too much trouble, I'll give ya that. But it seems that the only serious friendships between men and women are between married or otherwise romantically involved couples. (Rereading this post, I have no idea if the "sex thing" ever gets in the way for homosexuals...I do know one gay man who can't seem to befriend an attractive young guy without trying to "convert" him, but I myself have a pretty solid friendship with another gay man who sure as heck never tried to "convert" me....maybe it's just that I'm not his type )
Old 05-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zenham
Hell, you'd lay anything.
Oh dear.

Would you like some fries with that meaningless outburst?

Old 05-09-2003, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kambuckta
Indygrrl, no matter how much you hate this woman, I'd lay bets that she loathes herself even more.
kambuckta, what an astute comment.

Sad, really.

If I knew "Puke Breath", I would avoid her at almost any cost. I'm allergic to drama.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:05 AM

Quote:
You're not weird, istara.
Well at least not because of that statement, anyway.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:08 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

Damn.

I could have SWORN this was going to be a spam rant.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Chance
Damn.

Disappointed Jonathan Chance?

Then just ring...1900 0500 3221, and we'll ease your frustrations in three minutes or less....(call cost is $5 per 30 seconds or part thereof. Got your credit card handy??)

Bwahahaha
Old 05-09-2003, 07:31 AM

Quote:

I've never had a guy friend suggest that everyone go to the bathroom as a group, think that spending a saturday shopping for antique lace wrapped candle holders full of potpourri would be fun, or ask me about some new type of makeup in this month's Cosmo.

If you don't want people in this thread to make generalizations about women who can't get along with other women, maybe it's prudent not to make generalizations yourself. I honestly don't know see you can protest being stereotyped because you don't like women, yet in the next breath, say that women are all about candle holders and makeup.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:16 AM

Re: Cum guzzling gutter sluts

Quote:
I used to feel sorry for this woman, until she tried to pull some of this shit on me. Now I have no sympathy.
She tried to get you drunk and fellate you?
Old 05-09-2003, 08:41 AM

Hmm, okay, so because a woman doesn't have a lot of women friends, she's automatically selfish, whoring around, or otherwise seeking sexual attention?

Doesn't float with me, sister.

I never had many female friends, and hung out mostly with guys. That's what tends to happen when you don't give a rat's ass about shopping, talking about boyfriends, watching soap operas or gooey romantic flicks or gossiping and backstabbing.

I just never met that many chicks who digged comic books, military equipment, action movies with lots of shooting and chase scenes, martial arts, video games, playing guitar and other typically 'male' activities.

I've said it before, but I do tend to border on misogyny. I say border though, because I don't actually have a true hatred of women, just a general disdain for the way many women treat each other.

The quote posted in the OP is a prime example of why. Now, I'm not condoning the actions of 'puke breath', as she truly seems like a reprehensible person, but it's been my experience that women who don't like us loners seem to be quite insecure themselves.

To say that women who don't keep a lot of female friends, or many friends in general, are alienating themselves is way off the mark. Rather, I'd say it's the other way around. Because we don't care to delve into others personal relationships or spread petty gossip, or even spend hours making remarks on the intentions and behaviors of others, we're seen as 'anti-social'. Because we tend to get along well with guys who, for the most part, judge us on a 'put up or shut up' basis, we're seen as confrontational or attention seeking.

The fact of the matter is, many of us just don't like all the political shit that goes along with being in a clique or group of chatty females. The few times I've allowed myself to befriend a group of females, I got more emotional turmoil and drama than I really cared to be a part of. I'm sorry, but I just don't give a shit about what you and your boyfriend did last weekend and why you're pissed off that he called and spoke to so-and-so and whether or not you think you should try that new diet or what color lipstick you bought the other day. I just wanna go play some video games or shoot some pool or somethin'. Damn woman, get a life!
Old 05-09-2003, 08:46 AM

Man...someone needs to alert Manda JO to the presence of this thread. She always has something sage and mild to say when these types of threads pop up.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:33 AM

for the ladies who are chiming in on this thread that are more comfortable with guys- that's great! while i'm not a fan of the generalizations you're making about women that do tend to hang together, i see your point.

however, i think that you are missing part of the OP's problem with this woman, and others like her- it's not so much about her behavior, but how she reads and manipulates the behavior of the guys around her.

i'm very cool about women hanging out with guys due to common interests, etc. but to suggest that gender is no longer a factor in these interactions is naive. if you are a woman in a group of guys, yes, you are treated differently than the other members of the group. i don't worry about any of my guy pals ending up raped when we go out to a bar, i don't worry about them getting too drunk and getting into a fistfight, i generally don't worry about their safety beyond making sure they aren't driving drunk. i DO tend to be concerned about female friends like that. so maybe it's one of those perks that female pals have that you might not even see? even if there is no sexual attention involved (and i've yet to see this), and you're treated like a sister, you can bet your behind that you're back is getting watched a lot closer than the others.

The CGGS in the OP is obviously aware of this dynamic and uses it to her full advantage, sexually, materially, and emotionally. that is disgusting.

and i also have little pity for her, as low as her self-esteem may be. it's her choice to be a CGGS.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:37 AM

As much as I'm ashamed to admit it, I pretty much feel the way jetgirl does.

It's weird because I know not all women watch Oprah, read romance novels, bitch about their husbands, complain about a smudge in their fingernail polish, whine about not what Karen said but how she said it and the fact that she said it in front of Sue and Mary and anxiously await the new Julia Roberts/Richard Gere romantic comedy but I can't help thinking that way!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Chance
Damn.

Or a good porno recommendation!

Old 05-09-2003, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Well, I suppose I could have been considered one of these when I lived with my roommate - but it wasn't as if I chose to specifically hang out with gay guys - they just happened to be my friends at the time. So for the most part, I hung out with my roommate, his boyfriend, and two other gay men. I didn't have any motivation for it, they were simply the people I enjoyed spending most of my time with.

I don't relate well to women most of the time - I have a female best friend from college whom I can talk to about anything, but since I'm not a typical girly-girl, I just feel uncomfortable around most women with the exception of a group of friends in NYC who were your typical NYC young single girls or a few female internet friends - and it surprised the hell out of me that we all got along so well. And until I met my SO, I've never been particularly comfortable around straight guys, either. For me, it's always just been natural to gravitate towards gay men, and they gravitate towards me in terms of friendship. It's not as if it's intentional, I just seem to have more in common with them. And I never latch onto them or vice-versa - we genuinely enjoy each other's company.

There *are* gay men who abhore so-called 'fag hags', but to be honest, most of those are the kind of men that I wouldn't like if they were gay *or* straight or liked to screw horses. My gay roommate doesn't care for that type either - In fact, he much prefers hanging out with his own fag-hag (me) than to hanging out with that type of gay guy. It's just not a personality match.

Ava
Old 05-09-2003, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Ladies, if you have a common interest with us guys, feel free to enjoy that with us and we'll be glad to have you around. But don't pretend that you're 100% "one of the boys", because the vast majority of guys act much differently when women are around then when they're with just the guys, and even the most tomboyish girl doesn't count as a guy for those purposes, it's biological and subconscious. You just can't get around it girls.
I'm not pretending a thing in saying that I am 100% 'one of the boys'. I was at my friend's bachelor party, been to the strip club with them, and watched them morph into sanitized versions of themselves when a female shows up. Some of them seem completely oblivious to the fact that I am even female, and have expressed serious shock that anyone would ever suggest I am female. It's not one interest, where I'm just with them to watch hockey or to go to the gun range, it's much easier to list the things that I don't have in common with them because there are less of them.

Quote:
The Wrong Girl said:
If you don't want people in this thread to make generalizations about women who can't get along with other women, maybe it's prudent not to make generalizations yourself. I honestly don't know see you can protest being stereotyped because you don't like women, yet in the next breath, say that women are all about candle holders and makeup.
I haven't met many women who weren't into that stuff, and those who I have met who are like me I are kind of my friends. I know there are other women out there who aren't into those things, I just don't meet them often.

Quote:
XJETGIRLX said:
I just never met that many chicks who digged comic books, military equipment, action movies with lots of shooting and chase scenes, martial arts, video games, playing guitar and other typically 'male' activities.
Say that again, dude.

See, here's one of those women who's not into that stuff and if I ever met her would probably be someone I'd like to be friends with.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XJETGIRLX
Hmm, okay, so because a woman doesn't have a lot of women friends, she's automatically selfish, whoring around, or otherwise seeking sexual attention?

The quote posted in the OP is a prime example of why. Now, I'm not condoning the actions of 'puke breath', as she truly seems like a reprehensible person, but it's been my experience that women who don't like us loners seem to be quite insecure themselves.
That's not what I meant at all. I say she's selfish, whoring around, and seeking sexual attention because that's the truth. She's not a "loner" by choice, she's alone because no one can stand her, male or female. She hates other women because she thinks they take attention from her, which they do because almost anyone is better looking/acting than her. She WANTS friends, she just doesn't know how to treat them when she gets them. Several people, including myself, have befriended her out of sympathy only to get burned.

She told my boyfriend he was gay because he wouldn't go home with her one night when she begged him. He had to physically push her away so she would get out of his face. This happened while I was in the bathroom. I was gone for maybe 3 minutes. I come out, he's shaking his head and making a face at her. Wtf?

I have always been popular with the guys, so my hatred of this person has nothing to do with her taking anything away from me. Believe me, no one would be jealous or threatened by this woman. She is disgusting. In fact, it was one of our guy friends who started referring to her as "puke breath," the "Broad Ripple cum tank" is one of her other nicknames.

Plenty of women who hang out with mostly guys do NOT act like this woman. I am by no means painting with a broad brush. I'm talking about one person.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JuanitaTech
It's weird because I know not all women watch Oprah, read romance novels, bitch about their husbands, complain about a smudge in their fingernail polish, whine about not what Karen said but how she said it and the fact that she said it in front of Sue and Mary and anxiously await the new Julia Roberts/Richard Gere romantic comedy but I can't help thinking that way!
That is weird, because I don't even know one woman who is anything like that.

Well, maybe a couple that I work with.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:00 PM

Quote:
That's not what I meant at all. I say she's selfish, whoring around, and seeking sexual attention because that's the truth. She's not a "loner" by choice, she's alone because no one can stand her, male or female.
Okay, fair enough.

Quote:
She hates other women because she thinks they take attention from her, which they do because almost anyone is better looking/acting than her. She WANTS friends, she just doesn't know how to treat them when she gets them. Several people, including myself, have befriended her out of sympathy only to get burned.
So you performed her psychoanalysis when, exactly? And you got your PhD where? Just curious, because it's very easy to project motives on others when we don't understand why they would act the way they do. You say she's got a problem keeping friends, yet you yourself only befriended her out of sympathy? See, it's people like you that give others a bad idea of what friendship is about. Nobody wants your pity. No wonder she doesn't treat you like a friend.

Quote:
I have always been popular with the guys, so my hatred of this person has nothing to do with her taking anything away from me.
Yeah, because that's definitely something to be proud of, something to bolster your self image with.

Quote:
Believe me, no one would be jealous or threatened by this woman.
Hm. Seems you're spending an awful lot of time, effort, and invective on someone you're not jealous or threatened by. Just seems to me if she's really all that vile, you'd just turn a blind eye and move on.

Quote:
Plenty of women who hang out with mostly guys do NOT act like this woman. I am by no means painting with a broad brush. I'm talking about one person.
I completely agree with you, and I don't mean to insinuate that that's what you were doing. But it's strange that you would use that as a reason that you dislike her. I don't think that that particular quality, in and of itself, is worthy of earning your scorn, unless you are so insecure with yourself as a woman that you can't deal with women who don't fit the 'normal' mold.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:23 PM

No, I didn't perform her psychoanalysis. I guess you'd just have to meet her to see what I'm talking about. I believe she does indeed have severe mental problems, but of course, that's just a guess.

I gave her a bad idea of friendship? Bullshit. Are you going to be friends with someone who attempts to fuck your boyfriend the minute you walk out of the room? She did this to two of her supposed friends. And, as I said before, she attempted to manhandle my boyfriend when I went to the bathroom. She did this in front of at least 5 people, so I have it on good authority that he wasn't instigating it. He had to tell her several times to leave him alone, and he still had to push her (gently) so she would get her stink breath out of his face. Like I said, I come out of the bathroom to him shaking his head and saying to me, "You're not going to believe what puke breath just tried on me."

I don't know exactly why it makes me so mad. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Maybe it's the lack of respect she shows to just about everyone she's ever around. Her roommate just had to throw her out because of all the shit she pulls. She's had to stop hanging out at two different clubs because she is so widely hated and distrusted. It's not as if this has all happened for no reason. She is a toxic person who doesn't know how to treat people. She has no sense of morality.

What's with the personal attack? I say I'm popular and you make a snide comment? Didn't you just say you are friends with mostly guys? I have many many people that I consider not just friends, but family. And, yeah, that makes me feel pretty fucking good. This girl could have been a part of that if she could have just restrained herself and shown a little respect. Our group is very accepting of people, our only requirement is that you treat others as you would want to be treated. And that's the honest truth.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:30 PM

Problem: Girl tries to sleep with your boyfriend

Solution: A) whine about it and call her a whore
Old 05-09-2003, 04:33 PM

Problem: Girl tries to sleep with your boyfriend

Solution: A) whine about it and call her a whore
B) Never place yourself in a situation where you will have to be in her presence
C) Trust your boyfriend to act like an adult and rebuff her advances

Now, which one makes more sense?

I never attacked you personally, hon. Just curious why you're getting your knickers in a twist over someone who is obviously not worth it, and why you seemingly condemned one of her behaviors that didn't seem to warrant it.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:55 PM

I thought this was a thread about my sister.

Old 05-09-2003, 04:57 PM

Quote:
[B My own opinion on what the benefits to the hag might be is that she gets most of the benefits of friendship with girls, but none of the drawbacks, and also doesn't have to deal with any sexual tension.[/B]
Well. I actually have quite a few gay male friends. The benefits that I get out of hanging around these people are:

I enjoy their company.
They are nice people.
We have common interests.
They are fun to be with.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Also, for what it's worth, my mom is a woman hater. She's always made a point of making sure that I know that women will stab you in the back, make lousey friends, will steal your man etc.

She's now close to 60. She has almost no friends. I cannot imagine what sort of horror show is going to ensue if my father dies before her.

From my experience, you reap what you sow. Every person in this thread that's claiming that women are lame to hang around with, or women who only hang around with guys are losers, or women who have gay male friends are avoiding sexual tension are doing themselves a great disservice.

As a final note. I have many female friends. Some of them are girly. Some of them are not. Fortunatly, I'm diverse enough in my interests that I can get along with all of them. Generally speaking, I think this is true of just about anyone.

If you assume that you won't like hanging out with women, then geuss what - you probably won't. This has nothing to do with the women, and everything to do with you.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not pretending a thing in saying that I am 100% 'one of the boys'. I was at my friend's bachelor party, been to the strip club with them, and watched them morph into sanitized versions of themselves when a female shows up. Some of them seem completely oblivious to the fact that I am even female, and have expressed serious shock that anyone would ever suggest I am female. It's not one interest, where I'm just with them to watch hockey or to go to the gun range, it's much easier to list the things that I don't have in common with them because there are less of them.
Unless you're a lesbian, I can't imagine they really wanted you at a bachelor party unless it was pretty tame. I've heard of some combined bachelor/bachelorette parties before, sans bawdy attitudes and strippers, but if this was a "real" bachelor party I don't understand why they'd take a straight woman along. I suspect these guys may just be too nice to nudge you out when they're doing "guy things." In fact, why you would want to be at a bachelor party is baffling. I'm a guy, and I don't go to strip clubs, what you as a straight woman could be getting out of that I don't know. Maybe you should consider whether you're tagging along as a third wheel on some of these things. Because you're a girl, the guys will probably be too nice to just tell you you're unwanted. Yeah, yeah, you know these people and I don't, but it sure sounds like you may be assessing the situation incorrectly.

I don't care how many shared interests you have, you're still a girl and they're still guys. My group of friends also had a female pal who we sometimes joked with saying "wait, you're a girl?" But it stopped at joking, nobody really thought that, because gender is always there, it's always present, it's just that sometimes it operates below the surface. (See stonebow's excellent remarks, among other things, guys will look out for their female acquaintance in situations that they'd just trust their guy friend to get himself out of.)

Quote:
in a previous episode of The BBQ Pit, XJETGIRLX said
I never had many female friends, and hung out mostly with guys. That's what tends to happen when you don't give a rat's ass about shopping, talking about boyfriends, watching soap operas or gooey romantic flicks or gossiping and backstabbing.
Well, I'm a guy, but I'm an regular viewer of Days of Our Lives and I play bridge, two typically "female" things to do (no offense to Bobby Wolfe.) There is some mixing between typically "male" interests and "female" interests. But just because you don't share most of the "female" interests doesn't mean that you can just sign up to be one of the boys. As people have pointed out, there are stereotypical ways in which women treat each other and in which men treat each other, but that doesn't necessarily extend to a guy hanging with a group of women or a girl hanging with a group of guys. Liking sports doesn't magically give you a penis anymore than playing bridge magically transforms me into a 60-year-old woman. No matter how many interests you share, you're always something of an outsider.

Quote:
I've said it before, but I do tend to border on misogyny. I say border though, because I don't actually have a true hatred of women, just a general disdain for the way many women treat each other.
And by shunning your own gender, you're exacerbating the problem, you're becoming part of the problem. Do you realize there have been several women in this thread who mentioned that they don't like all the drama and gossip of the typical female friendship? Instead of assuming that means you should just hang out with men all the time, have you considered that other women like you might make good friends? Just an idea.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm a guy, but I'm an regular viewer of Days of Our Lives and I play bridge, two typically "female" things to do (no offense to Bobby Wolfe.) There is some mixing between typically "male" interests and "female" interests.
No shit. My point exactly. Men and women can share and overlap interests, but there still remain those that will be predominantly male or female. Your liking what you consider typical female activities is a perfect example. You failed to share, however, how many of your male friends join you in these activities.

Quote:
But just because you don't share most of the "female" interests doesn't mean that you can just sign up to be one of the boys. As people have pointed out, there are stereotypical ways in which women treat each other and in which men treat each other, but that doesn't necessarily extend to a guy hanging with a group of women or a girl hanging with a group of guys.
Please point me to where I ever said that I considered myself to be 'one of the boys'. I am most certainly not a tomboy, by any stretch of the imagination. Neither do I consider myself 'one of the boys'. I simply said that most of the friendships I formed happened to be with boys rather than girls. I've had female friendships over the years, plenty of them. The difference is, those friendships failed while the ones with boys did not.

Quote:
Liking sports doesn't magically give you a penis anymore than playing bridge magically transforms me into a 60-year-old woman.
I'm glad you're up on your biology lessons. I don't subscribe to the Freudian theory of penis envy, so I really don't know what point you hoped to make with that statement.

Quote:
No matter how many interests you share, you're always something of an outsider.
Yes, and I never claimed to be otherwise. I'm quite happy being on the outside. I find it gives me a much better perspective.

Quote:
And by shunning your own gender, you're exacerbating the problem, you're becoming part of the problem.
I've never shunned anyone, hon. I've just come to realize that friendships with females are a lot more trouble than anything else. The females I can call friends are few and far between. Women, in my experience, tend to seek out 'friendship' for the wrong reasons. They look to compare themselves to someone else, or use their friends as a crutch for their own insecurities. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to babysit someone's ego in return for hearing the latest office gossip.

Quote:
Do you realize there have been several women in this thread who mentioned that they don't like all the drama and gossip of the typical female friendship?
Yes, and I've also noticed that in real life, many of those who complain about other's gossipy, dramatic behavior are oftentimes the worst offenders themselves. All talk, baby. I'm not saying that's true of any individual here, but you have to take these things with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Instead of assuming that means you should just hang out with men all the time, have you considered that other women like you might make good friends? Just an idea.
Again, never once have I said I sought out friendships with men over women, that's just the way it worked. See, two girls who usually hang out by themselves and leer at the gossipy clique of bitches in the hall usually aren't going to bump into one another someday and go, "Oh, you can't stand that either? Let's hang out!" We usually just avoid the type of people whose behavior we find unacceptable, and live our lives without giving it a second thought. Friendships with guys come easier. If I'm reading a comic book, a guy will come up to me and remark on it. Girls usually don't.

You see, the reason I disdain much of what friendships with women entail is because *I myself am a woman*, and as such, I know what the capabilities of women are with respect to catty behavior and such. I never said I was completely innocent of these behaviors myself, either. But I have made a firm resolution not to engage in them. I'm not part of the problem because I've recognized the problem for what it is. Most women aren't comfortable enough with their sense of self to be a good friend to anybody. I can't speculate on the nature of men and friendships, as I'm not one and haven't experienced life as such. I can however, say with great certainty that the women I've met who are secure in their sense of self are some of my best friends.