'jesus h. christ...stands for harold? -no

you said that the h in jesus h. christ stands for harold as in ‘our father who art in heaven, harold be thy name’ well i hate to break it to you, but ‘harold’ is no the word. the lords prayer is ‘our father who art in heaven HALLOWED be thy name, thy kindom come…’ i mean please harold? that doesn’t even make sense. i honestly think you could do a little better then that. and you even added a snort after it as to be saying ‘duh everyone knows that’ so a lil advice to ya, when your talking down to people, try not to be so stupid yourself.:dubious:

wow ok just kidding, i read the rest im a little slow today so bite me, and ignore this aLL

Okay. :smiley:

The “H” stand for * Hallmark *

God wanted to send the very best.

Just in case anyone isn’t familiar with the classic column (with equally classic artwork), here’s the link: Why do folks say “Jesus H. Christ”?

I have it on good authority (actually from Elvis Presley’s Nephew) that the H in Jesus H Christ stands for Howard, not Harold, as in Our father who art in heaven HOWARD be thy name… I can’t believe you actually thought it was “Harold be thy name” what a silly thing that would be! :smack:

My favorite is still that it stands for “Haploid” ;).

No, no, no, it stands for “Hoobastank”! Hello! :wink:

I believe many people skip the ‘Jesus’ althogether and say just his middle and last names, thusly:

‘Holy Christ!’

I think Batman’s sidekick Robin was fond of saying this.

Therefore, I am pretty sure the H stands for Holy.

Harold’s the name of the singing angel.

I’m just disappointed that Cecil misled people about the INRI inscription. Everybody knows it stands for I’m Nailed Right In :smiley:

I never saw that “classic artwork” before. :rolleyes:

Straight to Hell for that one, Unca Cecil.

The H. is the same as the H. in Dr. John H. Watson.

Hamish.

Hoot mon.

No, no, that was Hark.

<< Straight to Hell for that one, Unca Cecil. >>

Cecil doesn’t do the illustrations, Slug does the illustrations. It’s very rare that Cecil or the READER tell Slug that an illustration is beyond the pale, and make him redo it… but it has happened.

I always thought the H. was undefined, because the family couldn’t agree on whether to name him after his Uncle Harry or his Uncle Howard.

:smiley:

Even so, why would anyone go to hell for that illustration. Jesus was still human. And human beings do urinate and defecate. I suppose some nitpickers might take offence to Jesus using modern day amenities. Or would they just be pissed about Jesus’ monogrammed towels. :wink:

Anyhoo…

Well, yeah. Everybody knows the last initial should be in the middle! :wally

God is on His Throne and All is Right with the World.

August “Flush twice: It’s a long way to Rome” Derleth

Wasn’t that column (and the accompanying illustration) from the pre-Slug era?