New Version Bug Reports

I’m starting this thread as a repository for actual problems using the new version of vBulletin that’s now powering the SDMB. Please, let’s not post issues with the style or appearance, unless it’s something that makes the board difficult or impossible for you to use, nor ask questions about how to do something. Please do include information such as what browser and version you use, as well as the OS, so the wonderful tech people can get a better idea of how to fix things up for us. Please read the entire thread before posting, so we don’t clog up the thread with too much duplicate information. I’m sure they’re working hard behind the scenes as we speak, so much of this will become moot shortly, but hopefully it will help them get things running smoothly more quickly.

So far, the only major issue I have is that my IE 6.0 reloads the page each time I hit the back button, which is surely a drain on the server.

I mentioned this in the “wow!” thread, but since this is the technical issues one…

The Reply to thread page looks awful in Firebird (Debian Linux 2.whatever the latest unstable one is).

The actual reply box starts text slightly to the left of the line showing where the box IS.The grey area for the reply section falls off the middle of the page into the wasted space on either side, and there are close current tag and close all tag phrases that are neither links nor have an input box or anything like that. The third column of smilies is sliced down the middle, and while it appears that all the smilies are there, and I can still click on them, it adds to the bad formatting of this page.

I’d provide a screen shot, but I don’t have a webpage. It doesn’t look good in Konqueror either, but then, it never did. I don’t have another browser available as I use the Windows version of Firebird whenever I use that OS.

Hope this helps, or that whatever tweaks are planned manage to fix this!

mnemosyne: WorksForMe in Firebird 0.8 Branch 01/08. Try upgrading to the latest branch (not trunk) build, available from the MozillaZine Firebird Builds Forum.

It doesn’t seem to keep me logged in, i.e. cookied.I have to log back in each visit to the main page, after I close my browser. Win XP, IE 6.

I’m have the same problem as Boscibo. Win ME, IE 6, I am allowing cookies, have checked the “Remember Me” box.

I’m using the same OS and browser, but not having that problem. I do remember that when the boards first came back up and I logged in, there was a check box next to the user name & password boxes that has to be checked (the “remember me” box). Is that box checked when you log in?

One thing I’ve noticed is that the “show your signature” option is checked by default.

Same thing here re: cookies.

I have to keep logging back in.

And the window will not resize like the old version did so I have to keep it practically maximized to read it.

There are good points, but I take it that’s for another thread.

On my machine the display font is set to 150%. It usually causes no problems, but on the new VB some of the input boxes (including logon and the smilie box to the right) don’t fit everything in them – either chopping off or spilling the contents out the right hand side.

Running win2000 and netscape if it makes a difference.

The popup display of the OP when you mouse-over a thread title doesn’t work for every thread. I notice that once you’ve viewed a thread it consistently stops working, but on the ones you haven’t viewed, some show it, some don’t and I can’t figure out why.

Also, I would vote for having them show up even on viewed threads. My memory ain’t so good no more.

Oops, sorry. Forgot: W2000, IE 6.

LIke others mentioned, I can’t sstay logged in.

Bug: the “Quick Links” on the homepage don’t work for me.

IE6, W2000, Google toolbar running.

Similar in Windows Mozilla 1.4b. The message ‘frame’ is wider than the central column everything is being displayed in, so the rightmost smileys get cut off. It all seems to work, but looks messy. But then, it was messy in the old version of vBulletin too.

Hopefully the visual re-jigging will sort this.

Same with Windows Mozilla 1.6b, FWIW.

Just curious Futile, why haven’t you gone to 1.5 at least? Why still on the 1.4 beta?

Same with Windows Mozilla 1.5. It must be a consistent browser conflict. Anyone out there with Netscape that could see if the problem is carrying over?

IE 6.0 with Windows XP. I’m not having trouble staying logged in, but the server is very slow, and I’m getting a lot of “This page cannot be found” messages – even after I submit a post and am just waiting for it to be posted, or to return to the forum after posting.

I’m getting some rather extreme slowdowns, too, but the one I most noticed was that I changed my options to show Linear-Newest First, but it still shows the oldest on top. I’m not getting logged out (and I’ve been on and off the board several times).

IE 6 and WinXP (Home, not Pro).

If the screen edges could be changed, that’d be cool, too, but I’m guessing it’s perfectly sized for 640x480.

Add me to the list of people who keep having to log in.

Windows 98SE, IE 6.

I’m having no problems with layout (Opera browser) but it seems I can’t go from one forum to another using the little box on the bottom of the page…I keep getting vB “page not found” errors and have to go back to the main message board page to get to a new one.

And I hate having to log in every time.

I retract that: it was just bloody slow.

I do have the same smiley framing problems with Mozilla though.