Any guys EVER use the fly opening in brief underwear?

Do any guys ever use the fly opening on brief style underwear? I don’t. Never did. Threading my cock through the opening seemed like more trouble than it was worth, so I just pulled them down. Nobody else I asked did, and their response suggested no one in their right mind would ever use them. Is that true? If so, why do the manufacturers bother putting them on?

Art

I’ve always wondered this …

I’m dying to read the responses to this thread !

I’ve been known to use the fly opening on underwear in concert with the fly opening on pants if undoing and redoing my clothing would be a bigger pain in the ass then the threading is. Jeans and a T-shirt? Pull down. Suit and tie? Thread.

Once, purely for the sake of science. (where’s the one eyed smiley?)

I’ve used the fly opening from time to time, essentially for the same reason.

It works quite well with full-cut briefs, and is a lot less hassle than unbuckling and dropping. With low-rise or bikini-cut briefs, it’s a joke – might as well not have an opening.

99% of the time I don’t use fly.

What metacom said. Mainly because when I undo my dress slacks, they have a tendency to fall down. Jeans hug my ass, so they stay up. Though, come to think of it, I think I pull down rather than thread even then.

I had one pair of skivvies that I did use the flap on-- but that was because they came with a dangerous “Slingshot strength” waist elastic. Basic operant conditioning at work, there.

After an episode of recidivism which met with the usual consequences, I took those suckers off on the spot and threw them in the trash. I’m more of a boxer guy, anyway.

Hee hee … ‘threading’ …

I always tended to date men who preferred going commando (the most recent one, I married). I can see why, this all seems like a lot to think about !

Don’t pull down. Pull up from the side. . .away from the leg.

I use the fly 100 % of the time when I wear skivvies. But 99% of the time I am freeballing. :smiley:

I haven’t used that in about 20+ years. It seemed like a lot of trouble once I stopped being young enough for it seem like a cool invention.

In one particular (and admittedly rather specialized) application, the fly is very useful:

A long flight in a sailplane (aka glider) can last 6 hours or more, and there’s not much room in the cockpit. The hot setup for “pilot relief” is a Male External Catheter (basically, a condom with a hole at the end) attached to an overboard pee tube. For this to work, you need either a fly or a knife to stab a hole in your skivvies.

I never use the fly but thankfully it’s there, otherwise they would be panties

I am surprised. Perhaps even astonished. Certainly in a public restroom one always uses the fly. In the circles I run in, if someone stepped up to a urinal and proceeded to unbuckle and pull down his pants, chaos would ensue – and probably a fight.

I have used the fly once. Too much trouble.

I just pull 'em down in the front. I’ve never had a problem with my pants falling down.

I wear boxer briefs. I almost invariably use the fly.

This phrasing strikes me as a bit… self-deprecating. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this what it sounds like? Ew! :eek:

JOhn.

Right - it’s a tube that sticks out the bottom of the fuselage and carries pee overboard. Why “Ew!”?