Google your date of birth

It helps if you do it like this - “1st of january 1970” (with the quotes, and with your own date, obviously)
I had this idea, and then googled mine, turns out I am exactly the same age as Kate Hudson
Google your DOB and provide a link to anything interesting you find.

August 30,1959

This letter was written from one Eva Danelius to the Worlds in Collision visionary/crank Immanuel Velikovsky.

May 20, 1981.

Only 3 links, and the first one was for a mail order bride.

The first edition of the Unix Programmer’s Manual is dated November 3, 1971, the day I was born.

And here’s a cool coincidence: I lived in Ames, Iowa for about two years in the late 90s, and I used to go shopping sometimes at the North Grand Mall. I remember I bought They Might Be Giants’ album “Flood” there, as well as a VHS copy of “Endless Summer” (both of which I still have). Turns out the mall opened the day I was born! I’ll be darned.

And I got a bunch of mail-order brides too.

A mail order bride and Antonio Banderas!

Damn, this is depressing:
On March 11, 1967, 17 members of C Company 2nd Battalion 5th US Cavalry were killed in combat in Vietnam. :frowning: :frowning:

http://www.ranger25.com/memorial%20C%202%20%205.htm

Hmm on my b-day

10 yr old Christopher Hubble of Blackburn, Lancashire, juggled three apples continuously for 3 hours 47 minutes without dropping them.

and

The Regimental Centre and School of the Bangladesh Artillery Corps received the National Standard as a symbol of trust placed upon it in defending our independence and sovereignty.

July 4, 1979:

Steve Carlton fires his fifth career one-hitter as the Philadelphia Phillies blank the New York Mets, 1-0. Elliott Maddox spoils Carlton’s no-hit bid with a double in the seventh inning.

I have no idea what that means, but it sure sounds exciting - gotta love those one-hitters!

I share a birthday with Timothy McVeigh.

It seems that I share a birthday with singer Ricky Martin, All Black rugby player Lee Stensness, Pakistani cricketer Haider Ali and mail-order bride Valentina Misjuchenko - it was also the premier of the Walt Disney move “Aristocats”, which may be the greater honour… :slight_smile:

Grim

“November 4 1979” gives me 2150 hits on Google

The American Embassy in Teheran was stormed by Iranians on this date.
Reverend Sun Myung Moon speaks on the ideal home in Belvedere, New York.
On that day the actor Bill Rogers would have been 100 years.

12/31/54

The only thing in the first four pages that wasn’t about “year ending December 31, 1954” was the death of Gustav Hermann Unger, a composer, apparently – never heard of him.

I was born on June 20th 1974. On that day:

JoAnn Hagel married Anthony Heinbaugh.

Bob Dylan’s Before the Flood (Live) was released.

The Mankato City council voted unanimously to move the polling place for precincts 11 and 12 to the Wilson Campus School. Motion proposed by Mrs Brown, seconded by Mr Schuster.

Playboy’s Miss January 1977, Jami Ferrell, was born.

Rolling Stone magazine published an article about Pete Townsend called “Pete’s Busy Day” on page 20.

Two of the very last Yukon River Sternwheelers, Casca and Whitehorse, were destroyed by fire.

Elvis Presley played a concert to eleven thousand fans at the Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa.

The US Army issued food service manual FM 10-23, Baking Operations, which remained current until 1977.

In the House of Parliament Mr D.A. Anderson questioned the content of the Coal Act, suggesting that the section on prospecting would attract “hippies who want a summer out there with a hammer in their hand”. The Hon. Mr Nimsick reassured him that they would not get away with it. The fact that the act also contains no definition of “Coal” was called into question.

The People’s Republic of China and Trinidad and Tobago formally established diplomatic relations.

A new ambassador to Bolivia was accredited to the Holy See.

There was a total solar eclipse.
Signs and portents. It all makes a weird kind of sense, oh yes.

“July 15 1959” has at top of the results the deaths of Peter A. Egge (a writer) and Ernest Bloch (a composer).

Additionally, Perry Como had the last of three days of recording sessions for his “Seasons Greetings from Perry Como” album.

There were many other results I didn’t look at.

Absolutely nothing of interest happened on my birthday. Well, other than me being born, of course.

Not one, but two lovely Ukranian mail order brides for “11th of February, 1972”!

“Hungarian actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was chosen to host the Rubik’s Cube’s launch
in America, beginning with a Hollywood party on 5th of May 1980.”

Less interestingly:
“On the 5th of May 1980 soldiers from the special air service (SAS) stormed the iranian embassy in princes gate london. In an operation that took less than twenty minutes, they killed five members of the Democratic Revolutionary front for the Liberation of Arabistan (DRFLA) (shooting one about eighty times) and rescued twenty-four hostages (the DRFLA had already killed one, and shot dead another during the rescue)”

One mail order bride, but according to one link, I was born on the date of Helen Keller’s death.

On “december 6 1984”…

France performed a nuclear test at Muruora Island

Ray Liuzza, Jr. was murdered during an armed robbery

Tyler Ley, 3-time winner of the CIF golf championship, was born

The Bangkok Biomaterial Center was officially opened

A bomb explodes at a NATO fuel pumping station in Oudenarde, Belgium. The Belgium terrorist group Communist Combattant Cells (CCC) claims responsibility

Mark Lepine massacred 14 young women at the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal, claiming “feminists” had ruined his life

Masanao Miyamaru, a student at Kagawa Junior College, was born

[QUOTE=Armilla]
I was born on June 20th 1974. On that day: (snip)
Playboy’s Miss January 1977, Jami Ferrell, was born./QUOTE] I know Hef likes 'em young, but…