Home from the dollar store. SERIOUSLY creeped out.

Popped over to the dollar store because I needed light bulbs, picture frames, like that. After being captivated through the window by a chicken puppet I browsed arouns in the Easter display. There were a few shelves of very nice Oriental-looking boxes that I thought might make good gift boxes. So I picked one up and realized it had something in it. Opened it up I found myself looking at a pair of Ben-wa Balls!
That was totally unexpected and icky, but then I look up to realize to my horror that the Ben-wa Ball display shelves are directly under a sign that reads
BASKET STUFFERS
I was so wigged I almost had to leave the store before I could buy my light bulbs and picture frames and chicken puppet.

Well, I made the mistake of Googling that…

Even worse, I realized that …
I’VE F*$**%( SEEN THEM EVERYWHERE!
WE USED. TO. BUY. THEM. AS. KIDS! (at the dollar store)

There was a pair sitting on my Grandmother’s coffee table…
I am in utter-fucking-disbelief. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :frowning: :frowning:

They used to sell them at the Utah State Fair as “stress relievers.” I bought a set when I was 12 because I thought they were pretty and they came in an exotic red box…

I still have them too.

The way that you described ben wa balls…

My mom and stepdad had a pair.

Okay, remind me what they’re for. They’re weighted metal balls to be, um, inserted rectally? 'Cause my stepdad said they were to roll around in your hands in some eastern meditation thingy.

Sweet Jesus, I hope that’s all he was doing with them.

ZJ

You can get plastic egg-shaped ones, with a handle and a little loop just in case you go too far…

Never mind.

And they were only a dollar?!

:wink:

I wonder if there’s anyone in the world who uses and enjoys “ben-wa” balls. And I wonder if those people own smoking jackets.

pepperlandgirl, it has to be asked: do they work at relieving stress? :wink:

Please tell me that those also exist and I didn’t just miss something, because BMW send me a pair of those shortly before the launch of their new 7xx series. The fact that they sent a then 21-year-old student those balls, a videotape and a silver plated business card holder with my initials to lure me into buying a 6-digit car was strange enough, but that way it would be truly disturbing…

Up the butt? Answer: yes.

Happy Easter! :o

Those balls are advertised to be rolled around in your hand. I’ve seen them at lots of Eastern stores. I don’t think you want those cheap things for your other end or you will probably end up at the place I work having them removed.

Wait, what? Ben-wa balls are not the same as those pairs of heavy metal balls that come in the pretty boxes. The metal balls make noise when you spin them in your hands - that’s all they’re for. Ben-wa balls are a different thing entirely - the metal balls are not meant to be stuffed in there.

I think these are just the kitschy little oriental gewgaws a lot of us have somewhere in our houses. These are not the same as ben-wa balls. Aren’t those usually attached together? Like, on a rope or something?

BTW, folks, don’t shove those clinky metal balls up your ass. They might not come out. When shoving stuff up there, stick to things with a nice flared base.

Freiheit: They were return ben wa balls…

:smiley:

Originally posted by Excalibre

LOL! I don’t have any first hand knowledge of this…but these are surely words to live by… LOL!!

I had always thought it was spelled “benoit” not “ben-wa”

I used to work at an…ahem… ‘adult novelty shop’… I thought ben-wa balls (the small solid brass colored ones) were used by women to practice strenghening the vaginal muscles…They don’t seem appropriate for back door usage…

My boss once went thru a metal detector in a courthouse after forgetting to remove hers… :eek: She told them she had a pin in her knee.

Um, Otto? I’d like to second and say that I’m almost POSITIVE Ben-Wa balls are attached together with a string, and that the little metal musical jingly balls are completely different (stress-relievers as indicated).

I have always known of Ben-Wa balls as one solid ball, one ball half-filled with liquid. That solid one goes in first vaginally, the liquid one second. Then when a women rocks back and forth, like in a chair, the liquid ball moves the other one. At least, that’s the the book Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex says.

Ah, reading that when I was eight. Very edifying.

OH PRAISE JESUS!!!