He proposed

So I’m driving my bf home last night and he pops the question.

What did you say?

Hopefully, “I hear Toronto is lovely this time of year.”

Yay!

You CAN’T say that without telling us the rest! I want to be happy for you but don’t know if I should!

AGH!

I’m happy for you in any case, Otto. I should think that this is a good thing because your haven’t said “ARGGH! HE PROPOSED!” or something similar. Is he a keeper? I hope so.

Good luck and congratulations. :slight_smile:

Speak up boy, what`s the rest of the story?

<Impatiently tapping foot and looking at watch> Otto?? The answer, please??

Did he get down on one knee and offer you a ring?

Did you say “yes?”

Ya know, it isn’t nice to leave us hanging, Otto. Details, if you please, and lots of them*. :slight_smile:

*What can I say? I love a romantic story.

C’mon, Otto! You can’t just drop something like this on us without giving details… especially the most important detail of all: Did you say yes???

<whistling Jeopardy Theme>

Lemme guess. You responded, “Bury you? Why would I want to bury you?”

So when you were driving home and your bf popped the question did you answer him?

We need more info!

Iz it possible that Otto was responding to another thread and accidentily started a thread that was just supposed to be a response?

Mm, I know what difficulty you’ve been going through considering his immigration status and attempts to unravel all of that. I’ll be wishing strength for the both of you and hopes that love can win in the end.

Come on give Otto a break. He hasn’t responded because he’s booking a reception hall, meeting with the engravers, registering his china and silver pattern, interviewing wedding singers and pouring over designs for the cake.

Or he’s looking for the biggest honkin’ diamond to be had in Madison. :smiley:

Just a few days ago Miss Thang was bitchin’ 'bout the worst birthday ever and being miserable. My how times have changed.

It would be impressive if he did get down on one knee while riding in a car! My husband proposed to me in a car too but he was the one driving, so there was no getting down on one knee.

Hopefully you kept better control of your driving than my husband did, Otto. We ended up missing our exit. Congratulations, I hope!