[B]I Hate UPS[/B]

These people are the most incompetent fools i’ve ever dealt with in my entire life.

So i’m waiting for this package to come (it’s been over a week, mind you), and I’m keeping track of it with its tracking number every so often on their internet site…

Export scan, then released for delivery…fair enough.

Wednesday comes along, and still…no delivery. My father is retired, so he’s home 99% of the time.
I get home at night, I look in the mailbox, on my door; no note left behind. Odd.
I log onto their site, and to my surprise, I see: “12:15pm, RECEIVER NOT IN ON 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT”.

My ass. You can’t even bother to leave a note as proof that you actually passed by?!

Anyway, I try not to make a fuss about it; perhaps my father didn’t hear the door.

Today, Friday (their offices were closed yesterday due to Canada day), my father stays home specifically for this goddamn package to arrive. I call their customer service line, and one of their reps “assures” me that the shipper will come by sometime between 11 and 5pm.
My father stayed indoors the whole day, and my doorbell didn’t ring once. My entire family came over my house afterwards.

I get home at around 7pm, and call their customer support line again. How annoying. I give him my tracking number, and he states that in his system, the shipper passed by at 6:01pm, and that the RECEIVER WAS NOT IN ON 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT. :eek:

What the HELL?!
Not only that, but no note was left behind once again. Without fail.

Anyway, bottom line, I just wrapped up a 45 minute argument with this dumbass, and demanded a refund for all the trouble. He said he’d “put in a memo” in his system, and will make sure his supervisor “sees” to the problem. NO! You’re not putting in a goddamn memo about the refund…you’re going to GIVE IT TO ME. Then he started rambling on about him not being able to give me a refund, and how he can only refund the person that shipped it off in the first place. So i’m supposed to deal with a third party now, and beg for my money back. As if this guy is actually going to send me back the money. He’ll probably pocket it. And i’m trying to make him see things from my perspective, but to no avail. It’s not even about the money, it’s more about the principle.

And it seems i’m going to have to make the trip to their head office on Monday after all.

Instead of them “delivering”, i’m stuck going to pick up the package myself.

Stupid bastards.

That sounds exactly like a couple of posts I’ve made. (No, I’m not going to look for them.) No attempt to ring through in the intercom, no knock on the door, no note. Stayed at home specifically to receive package. Und so weiter/

Know what UPS stands for? “Unbelievably Poor Service”.

They want to be called “Brown” now. Poo is brown.

(BTW: They really don’t want to deliver to consumers. They want business-to-business deliveries.)

Damn hamsters… I had a beautiful reply and all gone…

Anyway the short version is basically, Johnny L.A. is almost correct. You are better off whenever possible having a package delivered to a business as most of a courier’s job takes place in that area, so he is spending most of his day there. As well, business shipping makes up by far the larger percentage of a courier’s business so when they have to skip a delivery it will be a residential one. Let’s face it, you are out of the area and not spending hundreds of thousands of dollars shipping each year.

I hate people who try to put coding in thread titles despite the obviousness that coding in thread titles doesn’t work.

I don’t really, but it’s irritating.

I have no beef with UPS. They deliver my packages exactly on time. They also just leave them by the front door if we are not home. I’m thinking that they have the wrong address.

This thread is better suited for The BBQ Pit. I’ll move it for you.

Cajun Man
for the SDMB

I like the cute little shorts they wear.

In the interest of fairness, I should point out that what soured me on UPS was a several-year period in L.A. Many complaints by many people did not resolve the problems on our route.

Since I’ve moved to the PNW, I have had no problems with UPS.

Still, my dealings with UPS in L.A. have caused me not to use their services unless I have no other choice.

You should have closed this one instead, we already have a UPS thread here.

Which is why I use my work address as my shipping address for anything that I even suspect may come via UPS. Or any carrier other than the USPS, for that matter.

This makes sense, but they seem to be doing it entirely the wrong way. If your company doesn’t want to do hame deliveries, then officially don’t do home deliveries. Doing it in the half-assed way they do it now just pisses people off. And those pissed off people may be the same people deciding what carrier to use when shipping things at work.

Fantastic point. I have three choices when I ship things from work. I use FedEx if the next day is a weekday, USPS if the next day is Saturday. (Although, my most recent shipment via FedEx, sent Monday and still not delivered, may cause me to use USPS all the time.)

I never use UPS due to my personal experiences with them.
Johnny L.A. - Poo is brown. Bwahahaha!!!

That’s one of my primary complaints about them, so obviously mileages vary widely. During the umpteen times my Gateway laptop had be to sent away for repair, I couldn’t get through to Gateway to ship to my work address. (Which shouldn’t have been suprising, as they never managed to actually fix the expensive piece of crap either.) So UPS would just leave my laptop dumped on my front porch all day. That counted as “delivered”, as I foolishly chose to work instead of hanging around home for days waiting for the package. I might note that my front walk has a busy bus stop right at the end.
I suppose I should be grateful UPS didn’t actually attach a Steal This! sign to the package.
Idiots.

Veb