NY Megadopefest V: Date Change -- October 22-24, 2004

Due to factors outside our control, we have to push back the New York Megadopefest V weekend one week to Friday, October 22 to Sunday, October 24, 2004.

As we explained in the prior thread, the New York Dopefest planners decided to move the Megadopefest weekend from January to October to, we hope, get better weather.

As before, we expect this Dopefest’s format to be similar to prior ones. We’ll kick off with a welcome gathering on Friday night. During the day on Saturday and Sunday, we’ll have smaller group cultural, recreational, educational, shopping and/or dining activities. Saturday night will be the MegaDopefest dinner and after-dinner gathering. And finally, on Sunday, we’ll probably have an ethnic food dinner and wind-down meet-up.

As the weekend gets closer, we’ll fill in the details, as well as provide travel and lodging suggestions. As usual we’re interested in hearing what potential attendees think about the plans.

I say I hope I can change my request at work to be off on Friday the 22nd now instead of the 15th. Harumph.

As residents of NYC, I think that the new Mrs. Banger and I are legally obligated to at least make an appearance.

We are at the mercy of a not-yet-born person. I would very much like to be there, but I don’t know if it will be possible. Perhaps for one day.

We could be heroes, just for one day!

Head-of-the-Charles regatta.

Y’all should know better.

Give my best to everyone anyway.

I may be the only one who’s pleased by this change… I get paid on the 20th of each month, so now I’ll (probably) be able to make it after all. Yay! :slight_smile:

Not a biggie. I’m in.

Wife and elder child probably in, too. Will update as needed.

I’m in as well for at least some of the events - I might bring a friend or two to the bar event, depending on where it is & other factors.

Sounds reasonable. I have duly marked it on my calendar, and will get a new supply of Turtle Wax for the head.

I’m still planning on going, unless I chicken out within the extra week. I have such a problem with crowds of people.

I will be in for Saturday, working Friday Night now. Possibly Sunday if I have a place to crash

I’m in, as long as somebody shows up. Last Dope meeting, I went to the right place at the right time and found No Dopers!!

What?!?!?!? Date change?!?!?! DAMN IT!

Once again the Gods of the Dopefest deem it neccesary to not allow me to attend the NYC Mega-Dopefest! Why do you mock me, oh Og!

Seriously, I cannot attend. The old date was better, and I even had another weekend activity switched to this weekend so I could attend the dopefest. Now it’s too late to switch the othe back to the old date it was, and I have to choose, and I’m gonna have to choose the other one, cause I made some promises to a bunch of friends I haven’t seen in a while.

Let’s see…a summary of my curse:

Megadopefest #1: Was a freshman in college and had very little money and no transportation

Megadopefest #2: Aquired transportation…but the clutch broke a week before the Deopfest.

Megadopefest #3: Aquired RELIABLE transportation…but three freakn’ feet of snow stranded me in Troy, NY!

Megadopefest #4: Due to unexpected expenses popping up at the last minute before the dopefest, I was way too poor to attend.

Yeesh. I wonder what my curse will bring me NEXT year, :mad:

I’d really like to go - I had sooo much fun last year - but finances are kind of shaky at the moment, so I can’t say for sure for sure I’ll be there. I think there’s a pretty good chance though. I guess our old hangout the Olcott is no longer a hotel - does anyone have a recommendation for a decent, cheap place? If my friend Jadis can share a room with me, like we discussed in passing a while ago, that would be super and bring down the cost a lot.

Last year I went to the American Museum of Natural History, which I LOVE and want to marry, but this year I want to go to MOMA.

I’ll not be attending this year (not that I’ve ever attended any Dopefest anywhere, but no matter) –

However.

I fully intend on attending NY DopeFest '05. I am moving permanently to NYC (or somewhere very very near) in February 2005.

Watch out, Manhattan, here I come! And of course, I mean the city, not the doper.

Work request officially changed from the 15th to the 22nd. Again I’ll only be at the Friday night festivities for this Dopefest. I’ve already made plans for the 23rd so Friday it is.

I’m definitely interested in going, contingent on sharing a room (my finances are in the shaky realm as well)…I’ll keep checking here to see if someone has an alternative hotel recommendation. :slight_smile:

I just found out about this today. Unfortunately, the HoP will be closed this weekend, and I will not be able to attend the festivities. I apologize to all and sundry who had planned on staying with me. I will be out of town this weekend and cannot make any accommodations.

Good luck, and have fun.

Hmmm. This might be difficult, since I start work at 2:30 am on Saturday and Sunday.