The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

Old 09-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

What Doperís picture would you most like to see, but havenít?

Self-explanatory: what with all the picture threads, I canít help but notice that there are certain people who participate all the time, and others who never have. Whose picture has never been posted, to the best of your knowledge, and is leaving you terribly curious about what he/she looks like?
Advertisements  
Old 09-27-2004, 03:16 PM

There's this mook named Cecil Adams that everybody talks about...

Failing that. I'm curious about Rue De Day, in a manly, platonic sort of way of course.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine
Failing that. I'm curious about Rue De Day, in a manly, platonic sort of way of course.
I'm sure I've got a pic of him around somewhere... what's it worth to you?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:24 PM

I know misstee is a redhead, but I've never seen prima facie evidence of the fact. I'd also like to know what such Indiana-and-environs Dopers as simply_cats and DazzlingWhiteDiamonds look like, as I may have crossed paths with them IRL and never known who they were.

By the way, I don't know of any photos of me on the Web. If I ever post one, I'll link it to one of the appropriate threads.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:27 PM

elenia28 keeps opening new threads in which she apologizes to somebody for not posting pictures, rather than, you know, posting a picture...

Apparently she's having a problem getting pictures into digital format, and, since she's new to that, it's a foregone conclusion that she's also going to need coaching on getting them online.

And yes, in case you hadn't figured it out, I would like to see pictures of elenia28.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:05 PM

Good question, Eva. Here are a few off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll think of more:

Lobsang
QtM
Chefguy
Canvas Shoes
START
Phlosphr
norinew

Old 09-27-2004, 04:09 PM

Forget QtM what about ElfBabe? I also wonder what Biffy the Elephant Shrew looks like.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Seeker74,here ya go.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

I want to know what all the Dopers look like! (Well, except for the ones I've already met, cuz I already know. . .) It always amazes me when I meet the Dopers because with very few exceptions, the never look like what I thought they would look like.

Can you tell my kidney's bothering me today and I've already taken a pill??
Old 09-27-2004, 05:22 PM

I'd like to see a good photo of Eve. And Siege. I'd like to see Bosda d'whatsis of wherefore. And Lieu. I'm also dead curious about Liberal. Oh, and I'd love to see a pic of Guin to see if we crossed paths at the college we have in common. (Or if she ever checked me out at HellMart.)

Mind you, any or all of said Dopers may have pics online that they've pointed to in photo threads, but I never pop up in photo threads because I have no picture of my own to share. I'm unphotographed. I break cameras. Frightening, but true.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternvogel
I know misstee is a redhead, but I've never seen prima facie evidence of the fact.

Check your email
Old 09-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker74
Good question, Eva. Here are a few off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll think of more:

Lobsang
QtM
Chefguy
Canvas Shoes
START
Phlosphr
norinew

If I can figure out where to post a photo without then being inundated by spam, or a site that doesn't require a password to view, I'll give it a try. Besides, I'm a sorry speciman anymore.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:52 PM

tomndebb, Lib and Bricker are three I've wondered about for a while now, in addition to JODI and Diogenes. Oh, and rjung, milroyj and december.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Charter Member

TeaElle, here's a pic of Siege at a Gettysburg dopefest. She's the one in the dark pants. Left to right, it's skulldigger, polycarp, Siege, and someone who's name I should remember but don't.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norinew
TeaElle, here's a pic of Siege at a Gettysburg dopefest. She's the one in the dark pants. Left to right, it's skulldigger, polycarp, Siege, and someone who's name I should remember but don't.
Polycarp smokes? For some reason, that seems to me like Mother Theresa lighting one up
Old 09-27-2004, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibbOleth
I'm sure I've got a pic of him around somewhere... what's it worth to you?
More to the point, what's it worth to you to get rid of it.

Oh, alright, I'll give you...umm....a quarter and two string cheeses.

It's a very good Merikun quarter, and the cheeses have only been gnawed on on one end.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:18 PM

Quote:
...someone who's name I should remember but don't.
H-Jay.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:21 PM

Hell I'd like to see everyone's too but I'll settle for the ladies. Sorry guys I like y'all too but it's just not the same.
Let me see...which of you sweethearts lives in Texas. That's who I wanna see. Texas doper chicks... where ya at racinchiki BottledBlondeJeanie is that spelled right? How about it Lynn...got any of those shots of you in nothing but...what was it you said? A box of chocolate, panties and a bullwhip?
I gotta see that!
I know she's not from Texas but Harmless baby...show me what you got. I wanna see that shot where the boys at the beach ran up to ya and nearly fell out, tig ol' bitties.

and with a name like PussyCow it's gotta be good. Come on girl..give it up.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-keela
Hell I'd like to see everyone's too but I'll settle for the ladies. Sorry guys I like y'all too but it's just not the same.
Let me see...which of you sweethearts lives in Texas. That's who I wanna see. Texas doper chicks... where ya at racinchiki BottledBlondeJeanie is that spelled right? How about it Lynn...got any of those shots of you in nothing but...what was it you said? A box of chocolate, panties and a bullwhip?
I gotta see that!
I know she's not from Texas but Harmless baby...show me what you got. I wanna see that shot where the boys at the beach ran up to ya and nearly fell out, tig ol' bitties.

and with a name like PussyCow it's gotta be good. Come on girl..give it up.

You been livin' in a cave or sumthin'? All of those ladies have posted pics .

I want to see:

lieu
Bosda
Kalhoun
Old 09-27-2004, 06:35 PM

norinew, you look like Catherine O'Hara in that picture. Very cute!
Old 09-27-2004, 06:36 PM

How about Lissa Lisslar? I figure I should probably at least see the woman I have proposed to on several occasions
Old 09-27-2004, 06:39 PM

Actually I have been kinda reclusive lately. Where are those photos at? And others as well. I've followed a thread or two but they get so long that it just too much. I know there's a site that has some shots on it but it's really kinda out of date.
We should have a ? place on our profile that we could submit a photo...maybe we do and I just missed it.

BTW H/Q where exactly is this picture of Lynn Bodoni in a pair of panties posted? w/ a box of chocolates and a whip.
and let me compliment you on the pics I have seen of your own. Not bad at all
You get TOB award too IIRC.

oh another pic I wanna see..

jujuju where ya at?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:56 PM

I want to see a picture of Arnold Winkelreid because I envision him looking like Henry Winkler. Eyyyyyy!

I also want to see what all my Chicago suburbs Dopers look like, in the event that I ever run into one. Guess this means I should make it to a ChiDope sometime?

I also would like to see if there are any Dopers at UIUC, also in the event that I would ever run into one; I suspect my cinema studies prof is one of the Teeming Millions, or at least he should be.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:13 PM

Okay, not Lynn but....
racinchiki - current pic thread
BottledBlondeJeanie - the SDMB Calendar
Harmless - the pic thread from a couple of months ago
PussyCow - in a halloween costume thread.

Quote:
and let me compliment you on the pics I have seen of your own. Not bad at all
You get TOB award too IIRC.
Thanks, what's TOB?
Old 09-27-2004, 07:15 PM

tig ol' bitties of course...
Old 09-27-2004, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaElle
I'd like to see a good photo of Eve.
And so you shall. This photo was taken about a month or two ago, and is the only one on the roll of 36 that did not make me look like Edna May Oliver.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:38 PM

Thanks norinew! For some reason, I pictured you with shorter hair. Very cute!

C'mon, Chefguy. Fork it over! Just make up a yahoo profile. Oh, and I haven't seen a bad doper specimen yet. ::waggles eyebrows::

Oh yeah. I want to see Bosda, elfbabe (with a pic of her dad, might as well consolidate), Diogenes, CrazyCatLady, Doc Cathode. Tons more, I'm sure but I can't remember everyone at once.

Eve- I would so kill a kitten to have your beautiful complexion. I bet it's a smooth as butta.

Good gawd, how could I have forgotten lieu?! His pic would have to feature him on the crapper with a magazine, though.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Seeker74,here ya go.
That is a really great picture of you!

Now, tell me I don't look like what you pictured, and I'll smack ya one.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwSnappity
I want to see a picture of Arnold Winkelreid because I envision him looking like Henry Winkler. Eyyyyyy!
Here you go. I assume he's on the right.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve
And so you shall. This photo was taken about a month or two ago, and is the only one on the roll of 36 that did not make me look like Edna May Oliver.
Very elegant...and dare I say regal?
Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaElle
I'd like to see a good photo of Eve. And Siege. I'd like to see Bosda d'whatsis of wherefore. And Lieu. I'm also dead curious about Liberal. Oh, and I'd love to see a pic of Guin to see if we crossed paths at the college we have in common. (Or if she ever checked me out at HellMart.)
I am pretty sure, if my memory serves me correctly, that this is Guin, next to av8trmike: http://gallery.opalcat.com/gallery/n.../dopeaween03_8

And this is Siege, from the same party (DopeAWeen): http://gallery.opalcat.com/gallery/n...dopeaween03_28
Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist
elenia28 keeps opening new threads in which she apologizes to somebody for not posting pictures, rather than, you know, posting a picture...

Apparently she's having a problem getting pictures into digital format, and, since she's new to that, it's a foregone conclusion that she's also going to need coaching on getting them online.

And yes, in case you hadn't figured it out, I would like to see pictures of elenia28.
That would be me that she keeps posting to; the line forms behind me.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 PM

Shodan.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctea scandiaca
I am pretty sure, if my memory serves me correctly, that this is Guin, next to av8trmike: http://gallery.opalcat.com/gallery/n.../dopeaween03_8

And this is Siege, from the same party (DopeAWeen): http://gallery.opalcat.com/gallery/n...dopeaween03_28
Guin looks very much like a girl I almost dated a year or two ago. To the extent that it's scary.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah. I want to see Bosda, elfbabe (with a pic of her dad, might as well consolidate), Diogenes, CrazyCatLady, Doc Cathode. Tons more, I'm sure but I can't remember everyone at once.
This is Doc Cathode: http://gallery.opalcat.com/gallery/G...une19/IMG_0319
Old 09-27-2004, 08:14 PM

Quote:

That's Guin, alright, and it's Scuba_Ben in the background of the other picture.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:22 PM

ultrafilter - because he's a powerlifter. I figure he must look just like my pal, Flores...
Old 09-27-2004, 08:29 PM

I've seen Bubba. Now I'd like to see John Carter of Mars.

Old 09-27-2004, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorviolet
ultrafilter - because he's a powerlifter. I figure he must look just like my pal, Flores...
This is ultrafilter (on the left), and at the right is Edward the Head:
http://gallery.opalcat.com/gallery/F...sFeb7/DSC00397
Old 09-27-2004, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Doc! You look like an intense young intellectual, plotting the overthrow of something-or-other, or pondering Great Works!

(By the way, Seeker74, how did you know I achieve my girlish complexion with Aveda's KittenBlood SPF 30 YouthGlow?)
Old 09-27-2004, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwSnappity
I also want to see what all my Chicago suburbs Dopers look like, in the event that I ever run into one. Guess this means I should make it to a ChiDope sometime?
See you around.

I see movies at the Cinemark Seven Bridges in Woodridge from time to time. Go there every weekend night at about nine pm and after several weeks, you're likely to see me maybe once.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy
If I can figure out where to post a photo without then being inundated by spam, or a site that doesn't require a password to view, I'll give it a try. Besides, I'm a sorry speciman anymore.
Yahoo Photos doesn't require a password to view, provided you manage to configure your album correctly (you have to go in after you create the album and configure it - the default is private).
Old 09-27-2004, 08:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Anyone notice what nice calves Polycarp has?
No, really.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
C'mon, Chefguy. Fork it over! Just make up a yahoo profile. Oh, and I haven't seen a bad doper specimen yet. ::waggles eyebrows::
Okay, fine. Here's the old fart rouxing the day he was born.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:11 PM

QtM, lieu, The Grapist, swampbear, and Scott Evil (Yeah, I know he has the evilcam, but I don't remember the link to it.)
Old 09-27-2004, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interface2x
Damn you're cute.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:17 PM

I just want to clear up that I wasn't unhappy at Dopaween-several have said I look as if I'm at a funeral. That's just my face-I've been told my entire life that I look miserable even when I'm not.

TeaElle-where did you work there? (And btw, did you know Dr. Brett and Dr. Jourin?)
Old 09-27-2004, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Lobsang
QtM
Chefguy
Canvas Shoes
START
Phlosphr
norinew

I second those; also I'd like to add Agent Foxtrot. He's always very friendly so I imagine he'd have a great smile.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve
Ah! The refinement simply wafts from my screen; it reminds one of Chanel No. 5 and a good Earl Grey tea. (And now I shall admit to Googling Edna May Oliver and finding myself entirely confused as to how you could ever possibly resemble her in the least!)

Dopers are some good looking peoples.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve
Doc! You look like an intense young intellectual, plotting the overthrow of something-or-other, or pondering Great Works!
For some reason, I imagined him to be older when I dealt with him in the Scalar thread.

Rjung's photo is linked to in his handle.

My pick: A working photo of Muad'dib, in case we've ever met. (We live in the same town)