I've been drunk for over twelve hours straight

You’re allowed to drink after work on a Friday, right? And I worked night between Thursday and Friday, so when I got up around nineish Friday morning I was allowed to drink, right?

Well, I did anyway. I started watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and decided I couldn’t handle that movie sober. Kept drinking through the day, some friends showed up, we had a blast and drank some more.

It’s been a good day, all things considered.

I think you’re lying. You’re far too coherent to have been drinking non-stop all day, unless someone slipped you some non-alcoholic beer. I’ll believe you when you start posting more typos and fragmented thoughts. :wink:

I’m jealous. I’m still at work. :frowning: I wanna be drunk!

There is no set time to when you’re allowed to start drinking. Provided you’re of age.

I made the mistake last night of pretending that Thursday night was Friday night. There should be a rule against that.

And this is something to be proud of? :confused:

Don’t tell the greek college kids. Their whole week will be shot.

It’s always 5:00 PM somewhere.

Thread title made my liver hurt.

Actually, I’ve noticed that it is my command of language and skill at the keyboard that are the last things to go when I’m drunk. While I may write dumb things, I always spel them correctly and never uses bad grammar.

That is going to be one hell of a hangover…

Not too bad, actually. A bit of a headache but nothing noteworthy.

I suppose the stuff I drank at the start of the day had left the system by the time I got to the end of the day, so I either slept through the first part of the hangover or spent it drunk.

Dear sweet innocent Spongemom You don’t know hard drinkers well.

I can be quite coherent right up until I pass out. Less articulate maybe, but still coherent.

:eek:

bows in awe and wonder

I suppose not…I left those days behind when I got pregnant. Before that, though…I’ve been around a lot of drunk people, and been drunk myself, and while some of you may have a grasp on your brains when drunk, a lot of people don’t. Maybe I was hanging out with the wrong people? :smack:

Actually you highlight a point I thought about making after I posted - It’s a lot easier to type coherently than it is to speak coherently. When typing you have the oportunity to take your time and get it right. When speaking, if you take your time you automatically sound drunk. When I’ve been drunk or hung-over I’ve had trouble either hearing coherently or speaking coherently.