Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior?

Just curious. I have and was wondering who else has on these boards.

Originally I was going to make this thread in IMHO…but I figured that anything that went on the belief that God existed should probably not go in any forum other than this.

By all means, if it SHOULD go into MHO, move it.
But I was just wondering who here all have accepted him as their savior.

I’ve been saved now for almost 8 years.

And it took you 760 posts to tell us? :o

No.

Nope.

Saved from what?

As for me? Nah.

I did when I was 16.

Then about 12 years later I told him to take a hike.

Dependiing on the construction of the topic, a religion thread can wind up just about anywhere. However, witnessing, in particular, is reserved to Great Debates and this looks enough like witnessing (or, at least, will attract the sort of responses witnessing would attract), so that this forum was a good choice for the OP.

Not here. I don’t have a religious background. Why should I pick Christianity over the other eighty million religions telling me they are the truth?

I had Jesus over for wine and crackers the other day. Does that count?

I figure if he wants to save me he’s got the power to do so whether I accept him or not.

And hell no.

He was a nice Jewish boy who went bad. Shame, really.

Yes. I don’t believe that an entity called ‘God’ exists, though. Is that a problem?

I did once… but it didn’t take.

For a while when I was younger, but once I started thinking for myself, no (I was a fundie).

What kind of incentives are being offered? Magazine subscriptions? Vacations? Free 6" subs at Subway? I might consider the offer if you could throw in some tickets to Spain…

We’re talking about that god-dude who denied free will to Pharoah, flooded the planet because he was in a pissy mood, advocates stoning folks who don’t worship him, has followers who want to deny homosexuals the same rights they enjoy, and whose teachings are summed up as, “Bask in my eternal love or burn in fire forever”, right?

That nutjob? No way.

Yep. Kinda always believed while I was a kid. Made a definite commitment to Him when I was 13 in 1975, been trusting Him ever since.

Idle, how did you come to trust Him?

Jesus in John 3
19. And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.
20. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, lest his works should be reproved.
21. But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God.

No thanks, I already have a religion.

It took you 12 years to come to that conclusion?
No wonder we have acurrent thread entitled: Are people today taking longer to grow up?

Save me from what?

First day anyone offers proof that Y’shu ben Yusuf was anything more than a charismatic rabbi with a great PR man named Saul, I might think about it.

Wake up call, I hate smileys, but if you’re going to post that sort of comment in GD, you had better find some way to indicate that you are attempting to be humorous.