A new rule for the BBQ Pit.

I think there are too many ‘sad, sick world’ type threads in the Pit. You know the kind, when somebody posts a story about a bad person putting babies on spikes and how they (the OP) would never do such a thing because they have started a thread about it and linked to the story and added a little quote and sighed heavily.

Personally I think these types of thread are lame and should go into MPSIMS with all the other heavy sighing. Who’s with me?

I think each and every thread should be in a forum of its own. Why can’t we do that?

You know, it’s a sad, sick world when someone barges right in and tries to change the status quo.

I would NEVER do such a thing.

le sigh.

I think this thread is lame. Off to MPSIMS with it!

I think he has a point.

It’s one thing if you’re going to take the time to actually compose a pitting of a person or situation. But a link, a sad face, and a dozen “me too” posts does not typically make a good pit thread. If folks want to boo hoo and commiserate over the horrid news item of the day, MPSIMS does seem more appropriate to me.

Yeah. I keep hoping some baby-spiker will argue with the OP, but it never happens. Pointless.

Especially when he/she states outright that he/she doesn’t really understand which subjects belong in which forums.

Those kinds of threads always remind me of “The Headshaking News,” something they did on Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update a couple of times back when Norm McDonald and Nancy Walls were on the show: they’d read a news item like the ones the OP refers to and then just sort of sigh and shake their heads.

What the hell is the point of spiking babies?
I mean, then you hand that baby to your target and she just puts it down to go reapply her black lipstick, and before you know it, somebody else has picked it up and no sooner do they bite the arm off than they get all trippy and ruin the party for everyone. And then you’re out some good drugs with nothing to show for it.

[sub]yes, yes, I know, date-rape is a Very Serious Thing in the dead-baby-eating community and not to be made fun of.[/sub]

Damn it! I wanted the start the “Man, the pit sure has gotten lame!” thread.

You know what else bothers me? OPs that say something to the effect of “Well, this is really more MPSIMS, but I need to swear.” A) No, you don’t. B) You can do that in MPSIMS anyway. Also, any OP whose title says stuff like “lame” or “whiny” or “tame”, especially when they add a “probably” in there. Probably lame? There’s no “probably” about it.

Also, “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot”. I know it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but I wanted to throw that out there.

I couldn’t agree more with the OP. It’s too bad you’re a noob (well, relatively). At least you’re not a guest; maybe that will reduce the number of “DON’T LIKE IT? LEAVE!!!11” and “Don’t let the door hit you” replies. :rolleyes:

WTF does that mean?

I think most of the types of OPs the OP references belong in the Pit. Most of them are not just head-shaking; they include quite visceral statements of hatred, and often graphic and detailed descriptions of violent acts desired to be inflicted on the perpetrator. Not MPSIMS material, mostly.

Whishey Tango Foxtrot

I’m being whooshed, right?

Just in case, it’s the “clever” way to say “WTF” using the phonetic alphabet. It’s not that clever though.

Yeah. Sorry, my riposte wasn’t that clever, either. :slight_smile:

You know, the subject of creating a new forum for whatever dumbass reason comes up often enough, I think we need to create a new form to handle this subject.

This thread is making me laugh so hard I’m crying. First **Mangetout ** comes up with an excellent way to run this board and then TYM wondering what the fuck was up with drinking and dancing.
What’s the OP ranting about again?

Aww, sure it was!

{{{TYM}}}

I’m sorry, what forum were we in again? :stuck_out_tongue:

This drives me up the goddamned wall. Either say “what the fuck” or “WTF” or even “What. The. Fuck.” but “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” is just plain annoying.

I think that if you’re talking about My Thread, you can buy a ticket to kiss my ass. I was angry about it, and I felt the need to swear about it. No one is forcing you to read the types of threads you’re talking about, so why not go to the Zoo or something to cool off?

ParentalAdvisory, while I don’t know if your thread prompted this one, there are a great deal of them, and I support their right to exist, as well as the right of everyone else not to read them, as, by your post, do you.

But you gotta admit, coming in here to specifically do this:

Is just a bit… well, I guess Alanis would call it ironic.

I prescribe a trip to the zoo.