Famous people you've confused.

Remember when LNO did it in one of the funniest Pit Threads ever? No? Well, here it is in all it’s burning glory.

For a long time I thought that the guy eating cheeseburgers in paradise was the richest man in the world. But then I noticed that Warren and Jimmy are two completely different names altogether and I’m stupid.

Have you ever done it?

… D’oh!!!

I was telling someone about American Graffiti and how it has Barbara Streisand in it as that mysterious blond beauty. Then after they stopped laughing they said, “I think you mean Suzanne Somers.”

D’oh! :smack:

I’m sure Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman are different people, but you couldn’t prove it by me.

I have no idea why I mix up Reese Witherspoon and Renee Zellweger, but I do.

My dad thought that Cher’s ex-husband had been the lead singer of U2 before becoming a congressman and dying in a tragic skiing accident. I had to explain to him that Bono and Sonny Bono were, in fact, two different people.

Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds.

I think they share that mustache - I’ve never seen Tom’s mustache and Burt’s mustache in the same place at the same time, have you?

Biggirl - Thou art not stupid. Warren Buffet and Jimmy Buffet are actually distant cousins.

Jennifer Beals and Debra Winger. (I keep thinking Debra Winger was in Flashdance, which amuses Mr. S to no end.)

Lou Gossett and Danny Glover.

Tom Bosley and that guy from Charlie’s Angels whose REAL name I can never think of, David something. (Yes, I know the character was named for TB, I just can’t ever remember the actor’s name!)

There are others, but I’m blanking at the moment.

…God damn Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis.

I thought this was going to be a pit thread about insulting celebrities by calling them by other celebrities’ names.

I recall one time one of my friends offended Uriah Heap (the entire band) by calling them “Foghat” (or was it vice versa? Even I’m confused by now). Evidently, they bitched about it on a radio show at a later date. :slight_smile:

Add this pair to my list… since this thread pointed out the separation to me… :smack: :smack: :smack:

Corrected coding for the link in the OP.

I started watching Highlander partway through the second season, so I missed some of the early stuff. I thought the series was about the same guy as in the movies. It wasn’t until the third or fourth season when Duncan was telling somebody about the first immortal he met, and he said, “It was before I took my first head, before I met Connor…” :smack: They’re different characters, you idiot.

This is one of a number of stars whom I believe are the same person just trying to make more money by pretending to be two different people.
Carrie Fisher and Jamie Lee Curtis
is another.

YES YES YES!

About a year or so ago there was a short article in the paper about something going on with Jerry Lee Lewis, but they had a photo of Jerry Lewis accompanying the article. I thought that was hilarious.

This is not a mistake I’ve made myself, but I once had a strange experience listening to a co-worker rant about assorted crimes of Johnny Cash that I was not aware of. All of a sudden it hit me that he thought Johnny Cash and Johnny Paycheck were the same person.

I think the one where a plaque for James Earl Jones was inscribed with James Earl Ray was a big one.

I know they’re different people, but it’s sometimes hard for me to tell whether I’m seeing Leelee Sobieski or Helen Hunt unless they’re captioned or credited.