Know What?

I make FUCKIN’ GOOD chili.

Good margaritas too.

Jesus, I should charge admission to my place! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :

Two pitchers. Why?

Doubleu Haich Ay Tee questionmark.

Lobsang, I’m serious. Next time you get vacation and a few spare monetary units I want you to visit Denver. Get out here and the rest is on me.

Ummm…how many fricking emoticons were there originally??
Unfortunatly, I like neither chili nor margaritas…

Samclem killed most of the audience!! Though what the remaining row has to grin about I have no idea.
I have a vacation starting about 1 hour 45 minutes ago. And my monetary situation is healthy. One day I will get off my fat arse and travel like normal peolple do with money.

Enough.

Though not as many as my infamous smiley thread. I got my ass kicked for that one.

If Samclem had been at my place tonight and had some chili & margaritas he’d understand I exercised restraint.
Must suck being a Mod. :stuck_out_tongue: . . .

Gee. All I have to keep me going tonight is Buffalo wings, ribs, green beans, rice, a choice of apple turnovers or berry cobbler for dessert, lots of good beer and bourbon, and a wonderful wife (who doubles as a great cook!)

I am sore depressed. :smiley:

Meh. I had the late shift. As I’m the cook in the family, no fancified vittles fo’ me. I do have some nice fathers day chocolates and an ice cold guiness. Life ain’t so bad.

Of course, last Wednesday I whipped up some tasty ribs and a lovely berry pie for dessert. This week, I’m thinking chicken pot pie and strawberry shortcake.

You put beer in your chili?

Beer in chili helps the flavors meld. Beer in the cook helps even more.

Actually, I’d probably would have enjoyed eating your chili and drinking your margs and chasing your women…er, uh, forget that last one. :eek:

You just have to understand there are limits.

Ja – Hee – Suss Who doesn’t pour beer in a chili? You can’t make a proper chili unless you’ve had a few, and you can’t thus make a proper chili without pouring one in!

Let’s get this straight:

1/4 cup EACH of black, navy, small red beans, kidney beans.

• all beans are DRY beans in the bag *
    SOAK in 1 deep amber ale (Killian’s is fine) and water for 24 hours

Drain. Add water until the beans are covered by about 2 inches of water and set on medium heat to boil about 4 hours. Add water as needed to keep the damned things covered!

Brown 1 sweet onion (WallaWalla) and 2 fresh jalapeno peppers in Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and good soy sauce. If you’re into meat, add 2# bison or SUPERSDUPER lean beef. Add THAT into the beans.

Drop the following into a food processor/blender: 6 RRIIPPEE tomatoes (fist sized), 1/4 cup generic chili powder, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp dry mustard, 1 tbsp cayenne pepper, and if you want points for style, add 2 tbsp ground chipotle pepper. (NIRVANA IN DARK RED POWDER!)
Get all that simmering, add another dark amber ale and about 1/4# sharp cheddar cheeze (Tilamook…can I get an ‘Amen?’). The cheeze will bind any excess meat fat into the rest of the chili ‘broth’ eliminating the “slick” you sometimes get when adding meat to chili. And the secret ingredient?

Table sugar.

Maybe 3 tbsp. Cuts the acid in the chili and eliminates all the bitterness you’ll get from using faux ripe tomatoes.

Knock it off . . . now!

Cajun Man
for the SDMB

Oh yeah, mix all THAT together, boil it and then turn off the heat and head on down to the beach/rifle range/banana peeling arcade for 6 hours and come back and tell me how much YOUR chili rules!

SCHMOOOOOOOCH

We won’t even start to imagine the trouble you are for putting beans in chili! :smiley:

Texan… :smiley:

Only on my Mom’s side… :smiley: