The Teeming Minions Fantasy League

Well, we just drafted, which was a fun experience. 20 teams means at the end, people were picking some interesting players. Hell, at the beginning people were picking some interesting players! :smiley:

Here is my team, which I am pretty happy with (until the injuries set in at any rate)…

QB - Blake, Jeff
     Manning, Peyton ***
RB - Jones, Thomas ***
     Levens, Dorsey ***
     Mack, Stacey
WR - Freeman, Antonio ***
     Owens, Terrell ***
     Toomer, Amani ***
     Ward, Dedric
TE - Jones, Freddie
     Mitchell, Pete ***
K  - Daluiso, Brad
     Hollis, Mike ***
D  - Cincinnati Bengals
     New York Giants ***

The stars designated who I anticipate to be my usual starters barring injury and bye weeks.

I am pretty happy with my team. But I’ll bet people who got Terell Davis, Jamal Anderson and Vinnie Testaverde felt good after their drafts too… :wink:

How did everyone else do? Think you’ll contend?

I am going to see if there is a link I can get so people can click in too just look at the league if they desire. Right now, I can’t find a way for this, but I am trying.

Good luck everyone!

Yer pal,
Satan

[sub]TIME ELAPSED SINCE I QUIT SMOKING:
Four months, three weeks, 2 hours, 9 minutes and 47 seconds.
5723 cigarettes not smoked, saving $715.45.
Extra time with Drain Bead: 2 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes.[/sub]

"Satan is not an unattractive person."-Drain Bead
[sub]Thanks for the ringing endorsement, honey!*[/sub]

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing YOUR Jalisco Jimadors*:

QB: Dante Culpepper ***
Tim Couch
RB: Ricky Williams ***
Jamal Lewis ***
Kevin Faulk
WR: Randy Moss ***
Torry Holt ***
Peter Warrick ***
Kevin Dyson
TE: Bubba Franks ***
Kyle Brady ***
K: Paul Edinger *** (I love his odd style)
Neil Rackers
DEF: Washington Redskins
New York Jets

I’m happy, we’ll have to see if my rookies pan out. This is my first try at a fantasy league, but I think i did okay.

FYI: Jalisco is the region of Mexico where tequila is made, and jimadors are those fine men who harvest the agave for making said tequila.

Never played with a 20 team league, so its hard to judge. If this was a team for a ten team league it would suck, but I think it should be okay.

QB Brett Favre
RB Curtis Martin
RB Robert Smith
WR Tony Martin
WR Derrick Alexander
WR Kevin Lockett
TE David Lafleur
K Jeff Wilkins, Wade Ritchie(I don’t know who’s gonna start)
D Miami

WR Herman Moore
RB J.R. Redmond
QB Jay Fiedler
TE Hunter Woodwin
D Cleveland

If Moore recovers, and Favre stays healthy, I’m pretty good. But man, there is no room for injuries for any team this league.

The Mighty Osips (Osip)
[ul]
[li]QB Plummer, Jake (QB-Ari)[/li][li]WR Pickens, Carl (WR-Ten)[/li][li]WR Burress, Plaxico (WR-Pit)[/li][li]WR Boston, David (WR-Ari)[/li][li]RB Davis, Stephen (RB-Was)[/li][li]RB Pittman, Michael (RB-Ari)[/li][li]TE Alexander, Stephen (TE-Was)[/li][li]Bench Leaf, Ryan (QB-SD) Bench[/li][li]Bench Alexander, Shaun (RB-Sea)[/li][li]Bench Glover, Andrew (TE-NO)[/li][li]Bench Sanders, Frank (WR-Ari)[/li][li]Bench Tucker, Jason (WR-Dal)[/li]
[li]K Mare, Olindo (K-Mia)[/li]
[li]DEF Tennessee (DEF-Ten)[/li][li]Bench Carolina (DEF-Car)[/li][/ul]

Osip looks like he could be in for a tough season. Plummer is a toss up, and he needs to have a big year for this team to make any moves. No one can predict what’ll happen with Leaf, so he’s a iffy #2. Steven Davis needs to prove he isn’t a flash in the pan, and stay healthy. Neither will happen this year. No one else in the backfield for help. Pickens will have to share too much in Tenn’s system to carry this roster. A big nod to the smooth pick up of Boston late in the draft. He does have the best DEF in the NFL, he might be able to trade that for some badly needed O.

The Jalisco Jimadors (JoeyHemlock)
[ul]
[li]QB Culpepper, Daunte (QB-Min)[/li][li]WR Moss, Randy (WR-Min)[/li][li]WR Holt, Torry (WR-StL)[/li][li]WR Dyson, Kevin (WR-Ten)[/li][li]RB Williams, Ricky (RB-NO)[/li][li]RB Lewis, Jamal (RB-Bal)[/li][li]TE Franks, Bubba (TE-GB)[/li][li]Bench Warrick, Peter (WR-Cin)[/li][li]Bench Faulk, Kevin (RB-NE)[/li][li]Bench Couch, Tim (QB-Cle)[/li][li]Bench Brady, Kyle (TE-Jac)[/li]
[li]K Edinger, Paul (K-Chi)[/li][li]Bench Rackers, Neil (K-Cin)[/li]
[li]DEF Washington (DEF-Was)[/li][li]Bench New York (DEF-NYJ)[/li][/ul]

Joey will be dangerous if his question marks pan out. Culpepper has the talent and system to explode, and has looked good in preseason. He is a rookie though, risky for your starter. He did get Couch very late in the draft, a huge steal! That might save the day if Culpepper flops. The kicking game here is very interesting, 2 rookies. Must be a Illinois/Chicago guy to have even know of these guys, they both were on my short list of dark horses. The Bears will give Edinger alot of kicks, and Rackers has one of the best legs out of college. Both will be very effective, but they are just kickers. Washington’s D’ is a question mark, they spent big bucks on it again, but we know how well that worked last time for them. Best Reciving core in the draft, probably, but WR is a unpredictable and deep position in the NFL. It might not be enough to set this team apart. RB is solid, but not spectacular.

Wisconsin Cows (Cheese Head)
[ul]
[li]QB Kitna, Jon (QB-Sea)[/li][li]WR Mayes, Derrick (WR-Sea)[/li][li]WR Johnson, Kevin (WR-Cle)[/li][li]WR Conway, Curtis (WR-SD)[/li][li]RB Smith, Emmitt (RB-Dal)[/li][li]RB Stewart, James (RB-Det)[/li][li]TE Moore, Dave (TE-TB)[/li][li]Bench Dreisbach, Scott (QB-Oak)[/li][li]Bench Parker, De’Mond (RB-GB)[/li][li]Bench Coleman, Fred (WR-NYJ)[/li][li]Bench Chryplewicz, Pete (TE-Det)[/li][li]Bench Seider, JaJuan (QB-SD)[/li]
[li]K Longwell, Ryan (K-GB)[/li][li]Bench Brown, Kris (K-Pit)[/li]
[li]DEF Kansas City (DEF-KC)[/li][/ul]

Cheese, my Wisconsonian friend is great in the starting backfield, but the WR core and bench is ugly. I forsee alot of action on the free agent front for this team.

Baltimore Weirdos (weirddave)
[ul]
[li]QB Brunell, Mark (QB-Jac)[/li][li]WR Bruce, Isaac (WR-StL)[/li][li]WR Dawkins, Sean (WR-Sea)[/li][li]WR Price, Peerless (WR-Buf)[/li][li]RB Bennett, Donnell (RB-KC)[/li][li]RB Linton, Jonathan (RB-Buf)[/li][li]TE Sharpe, Shannon (TE-Bal)[/li][li]Bench Johnson, Pat (WR-Bal)[/li][li]Bench Graham, Kent (QB-Pit)[/li][li]Bench Harris, Jackie (TE-Dal)[/li][li]Bench Gash, Sam (RB-Bal)[/li]
[li]K Stover, Matt (K-Bal)[/li][li]Bench Pelfrey, Doug (K-Cin)[/li]
[li]DEF Seattle (DEF-Sea)[/li][li]Bench San Francisco (DEF-SF)[/li][/ul]

Dave has balance, tons of balance. Good QB, excellent starting WR core, especially like the Price pick, stole him from me in the late rounds. Sharpe is probably gonna pick up where he left off if Griese gets him the ball. Average bench, will produce on bye weeks. Good kicking and defense. Could be a force if no one team runs away with it, but I don’t expect any one player here to rip off huge numbers.

KC Whammies (Whammo)
[ul]
[li]QB Beuerlein, Steve (QB-Car)[/li][li]WR Smith, Jimmy (WR-Jac)[/li][li]WR Poole, Keith (WR-NO)[/li][li]WR German, Jammi (WR-Atl)[/li][li]RB Means, Natrone (RB-Car)[/li][li]RB Kirby, Terry (RB-Cle)[/li][li]TE Riemersma, Jay (TE-Buf)[/li][li]Bench Moreno, Moses (QB-SD)[/li][li]Bench Thomas, Corey (WR-Mia)[/li][li]Bench Edwards, Brian (RB-Mia)[/li][li]Bench Zelenka, Joe (TE-Was)[/li]
[li]K Stoyanovich, Pete (K-KC)[/li][li]Bench Gowins, Brian (K-Car)[/li]
[li]DEF New England (DEF-NE)[/li][li]Bench Chicago (DEF-Chi)[/li][/ul]

Whammo will get average production from these starters, and Beuerlein might have a huge year, but in the grand scheme of things this isn’t a winning Fantasy team. Nothing on the bench, and DEF and K can’t carry you. A pair of 500 yrd RBs won’t put you in the hunt.

South Park Visitors (wolfman)
[ul]
[li]QB Favre, Brett (QB-GB)[/li][li]WR Martin, Tony (WR-Mia)[/li][li]WR Alexander, Derrick (WR-KC)[/li][li]WR Lockett, Kevin (WR-KC)[/li][li]RB Martin, Curtis (RB-NYJ)[/li][li]RB Smith, Robert (RB-Min)[/li][li]TE LaFleur, David (TE-Dal)[/li][li]Bench Moore, Herman (WR-Det)[/li][li]Bench Fiedler, Jay (QB-Mia)[/li][li]Bench Redmond, J.R. (RB-NE)[/li][li]Bench Goodwin, Hunter (TE-Mia)[/li]
[li]K Wilkins, Jeff (K-StL)[/li][li]Bench Richey, Wade (K-SF)[/li]
[li]DEF Miami (DEF-Mia)[/li][li]Bench Cleveland (DEF-Cle)[/li][/ul]

wolfman got suckered into taking Favre. Poor guy thinks he’s a great pick, sorry but the Packers are going nowhere fast, and Farve will probably kill himself trying to do it all, and will either be hurt or tossing 3 INTs a game. Martin and Smith have had big years, and if they repeat they’ll keep this squad out of the cellar, but neither of those players are certain. Especially Martin being the only horse left in town. Mediocre WRs, but one nice sleeper pick in Redmond. This guy will put up excellent nubers if he gets the PT.

Qwispy Killers (Qwisp)
[ul]
[li]QB Collins, Kerry (QB-NYG)[/li][li]WR Robinson, Marcus (WR-Chi)[/li][li]WR Gadsden, Oronde (WR-Mia)[/li][li]WR Shaw, Bobby (WR-Pit)[/li][li]RB Garner, Charlie (RB-SF)[/li][li]RB Enis, Curtis (RB-Chi)[/li][li]TE Williams, Roland (TE-StL)[/li][li]Bench Cherry, Mike (QB-NYG)[/li][li]Bench Burks, Diaello (WR-Car)[/li][li]Bench Paulk, Jeff (RB-Atl)[/li][li]Bench Bell, Shonn (TE-SF)[/li]
[li]K Anderson, Gary (K-Min)[/li][li]Bench Husted, Michael (K-Chi)[/li]
[li]DEF Detroit (DEF-Det)[/li][li]Bench Arizona (DEF-Ari)[/li][/ul]

Qwisp is a dead man, I’m afraid. Mike Cherry backing up Kerry Collins…not a QB chart I’d pay money for. Enis is going no where, and the only bright spot is Robinson. Living in Chicago I’m hoping he’s not a flash in the pan…but its still just one year. alot of guys on this roster who won’t see a single snap this year, head to the FA market.

Cobras (bigred1)
[ul]
[li]QB Testaverde, Vinny (QB-NYJ)[/li][li]WR Hakim, Az-Zahir (WR-StL)[/li][li]WR Glenn, Terry (WR-NE)[/li][li]WR Chrebet, Wayne (WR-NYJ)[/li][li]RB Taylor, Fred (RB-Jac)[/li][li]RB Dunn, Warrick (RB-TB)[/li][li]TE Becht, Anthony (TE-NYJ)[/li][li]Bench Green, Jacquez (WR-TB)[/li][li]Bench Reed, Jake (WR-NO)[/li][li]Bench Cleeland, Cameron (TE-NO)[/li][li]Bench Barber, Tiki (RB-NYG)[/li][li]Bench Swift, Justin (TE-SF)[/li]
[li]K Elam, Jason (K-Den)[/li][li]Bench Brien, Doug (K-NO)[/li]
[li]DEF Oakland (DEF-Oak)[/li][/ul]

red has a very nice WR team, expect big numbers from them. Will Vinny be back 100%? Not likely, and he’s without KJ. Good D, and kicker. This team will be near the top, but not a serious threat.

Monroeville Maroons (Amok)
[ul]
[li]QB Gannon, Rich (QB-Oak)[/li][li]WR Morton, Johnnie (WR-Det)[/li][li]WR Wilkins, Terrence (WR-Ind)[/li][li]WR Jefferson, Shawn (WR-Atl)[/li][li]RB Bates, Mario (RB-Ari)[/li][li]RB Wheatley, Tyrone (RB-Oak)[/li][li]TE Gonzalez, Tony (TE-KC)[/li][li]Bench Craig, Dameyune (QB-Car)[/li][li]Bench Palmer, Pat (WR-Chi)[/li][li]Bench Droughns, Reuben (RB-Det)[/li][li]Bench Tant, Jay (TE-Ari)[/li]
[li]K Peterson, Todd (K-Sea)[/li][li]Bench Seder, Tim (K-Dal)[/li]
[li]DEF St. Louis (DEF-StL)[/li][li]Bench New Orleans (DEF-NO)[/li][/ul]

Great D, great TE…not much else. Gannon should play well, but theres no back up fo him. Wilken’s is only a 3rd WR and won’t play every down. I think a few of these guys on the bench got cut. Get out the checkbook and head to FA.

Terlingua Drop-Outs (Pantellerite)
[ul]
[li]QB Chandler, Chris (QB-Atl)[/li][li]WR Westbrook, Michael (WR-Was)[/li][li]WR Carter, Cris (WR-Min)[/li][li]WR Dwight, Tim (WR-Atl)[/li][li]RB Bettis, Jerome (RB-Pit)[/li][li]RB Centers, Larry (RB-Was)[/li][li]TE Crumpler, Carlester (TE-Min)[/li][li]Bench White, Ted (QB-KC)[/li][li]Bench Miller, Dee (WR-Chi)[/li][li]Bench Janes, Ron (RB-NYG)[/li][li]Bench Heiden, Steve (TE-SD)[/li]
[li]K Carney, John (K-SD)[/li][li]Bench Cortez, Jose (K-SD)[/li]
[li]DEF Dallas (DEF-Dal)[/li][li]Bench Minnesota (DEF-Min)[/li][/ul]

This team is the dark horse within the league. Chandler is a all or nothing guy, if he’s big again (and healthy), this team will be dangerous. Excellent WR core, and the RBs will be near 1000. The bench is non-existant, so you’d better pray for strong bones. I’ll be watching closely.

Hell Dwellers (Satan)
[ul]
[li]QB Manning, Peyton (QB-Ind)[/li][li]WR Freeman, Antonio (WR-GB)[/li][li]WR Toomer, Amani (WR-NYG)[/li][li]WR Owens, Terrell (WR-SF)[/li][li]RB Levens, Dorsey (RB-GB)[/li][li]RB Mack, Stacey (RB-Jac)[/li][li]TE Jones, Freddie (TE-SD)[/li][li]Bench Jones, Thomas (RB-Ari)[/li][li]Bench Mitchell, Pete (TE-NYG)[/li][li]Bench Blake, Jeff (QB-NO)[/li][li]Bench Ward, Dedric (WR-NYJ)[/li]
[li]K Hollis, Mike (K-Jac)[/li][li]Bench Daluiso, Brad (K-NYG)[/li]
[li]DEF New York (DEF-NYG)[/li][li]Bench Cincinnati (DEF-Cin)[/li][/ul]

Satan, with the fortuitous first pick, ala commish, took virtual MVP lock Manning. Probably everyone’s first choice. A hell of a WR core talentwise, but all three will struggle to have any balls getting to them. If Manning actually was throwing to them it’d get ugly fast, but as talented as they are the teams QBs are in flux. I’m sticking with my Green Bay flop prediction. The RB position is especially suspect as is the Defense. If Green Bay gets hot, Satan will be a tough team to beat.

Skaggsville Falcons (Falcon)
[ul]
[li]QB Griese, Brian (QB-Den)[/li][li]WR Muhammad, Muhsin (WR-Car)[/li][li]WR Thigpen, Yancey (WR-Ten)[/li][li]WR McCardell, Keenan (WR-Jac)[/li][li]RB James, Edgerrin (RB-Ind)[/li][li]RB Huntley, Richard (RB-Pit)[/li][li]TE Dudley, Rickey (TE-Oak)[/li][li]Bench Thrash, James (WR-Was)[/li][li]Bench Hicks, Skip (RB-Was)[/li][li]Bench Jurevicius, Joe (WR-NYG)[/li][li]Bench O’Donnell, Neil (QB-Ten)[/li][li]Bench Chancey, Robert (RB-SD)[/li][li]Bench Collins, Bobby (TE-Buf)[/li]
[li]K Del Greco, Al (K-Ten)[/li]
[li]DEF San Diego (DEF-SD)[/li][/ul]

Uh Oh, it looks like I found my competition. This WR core will be awesome, and James could rin the rushing title on a Super Bowl bound team. One of the best TEs, and a great kicker. The only weakness is the bench, bye weeks will hurt Falc, and an injury could send this team tumbling. Alot of second stringers on that bench. Otherwise I’ll have my eye on you over my shoulder, and heads will roll when we play late in the season.

Stinky Rat Felchers (MrCynical)
[ul]
[li]QB Flutie, Doug (QB-Buf)[/li][li]WR Ismail, Qadry (WR-Bal)[/li][li]WR Jeffers, Patrick (WR-Car)[/li][li]WR Williams, Kevin (WR-SF)[/li][li]RB Davis, Terrell (RB-Den)[/li][li]RB Alstott, Mike (RB-TB)[/li][li]TE Chamberlain, Byron (TE-Den)[/li][li]Bench McGriff, Travis (WR-Den)[/li][li]Bench Harbaugh, Jim (QB-SD)[/li][li]Bench Scott, Darnay (WR-Cin)[/li][li]Bench Garcia, Jeff (QB-SF)[/li][li]Bench Murrell, Adrian (RB-Was)[/li]
[li]K Christie, Steve (K-Buf)[/li][li]Bench Hall, John (K-NYJ)[/li]
[li]DEF Jacksonville (DEF-Jac)[/li][/ul]

MrCynical, look at it this way, at least you’ll be able to make snide self-depricating comments all season. 3 bench QBs and a fairly anonymous WR team. I expect some big plays, but nothing to help you over the season. A nice running game, and great defense…in the real world this team would win championships, but not in Fantasy.

Hermoso Castor (Mullinator)
[ul]
[li]QB Warner, Kurt (QB-StL)[/li][li]WR Johnson, Keyshawn (WR-TB)[/li][li]WR Crowell, Germane (WR-Det)[/li][li]WR Ismail, Raghib (WR-Dal)[/li][li]RB Watters, Ricky (RB-Sea)[/li][li]RB Montgomery, Joe (RB-NYG)[/li][li]TE Lewis, Chad (TE-Phi)[/li][li]Bench King, Shaun (QB-TB)[/li][li]Bench Fazande, Jermaine (RB-SD)[/li][li]Bench Gideon, Sherrod (WR-NO)[/li][li]Bench Davis, John (TE-Min)[/li][li]Bench Sauter, Cory (QB-Det)[/li]
[li]K Blanchard, Cary (K-Ari)[/li][li]Bench Nedney, Joe (K-Oak)[/li]
[li]DEF Green Bay (DEF-GB)[/li][/ul]

Mully, Warner’s a popular pick, and he’ll probably put up great numbers, but he makes everyone nervous…he was just too good last year. The WR core isn’t great, and KJ’s numbers will slide in TBs system. The defense and kicking won’t boost you much, but if Warner’s good, a nice trade or FA addition could get you in the mix.

Edmonton Smugglers
[ul]
[li]QB McNair, Steve (QB-Ten)[/li][li]WR Brown, Tim (WR-Oak)[/li][li]WR Galloway, Joey (WR-Dal)[/li][li]WR Rice, Jerry (WR-SF)[/li][li]RB Biakabutuka, Tim (RB-Car)[/li][li]RB Smith, Antowain (RB-Buf)[/li][li]TE Sloan, David (TE-Det)[/li][li]Bench Moon, Warren (QB-KC)[/li][li]Bench Rison, Andre (WR-Oak)[/li][li]Bench Priester, Raymond (RB-NYG)[/li][li]Bench Jacoby, Mitch (TE-KC)[/li]
[li]K Janikowski, Sebastian (K-Oak)[/li][li]Bench Vinatieri, Adam (K-NE)[/li]
[li]DEF Philadelphia (DEF-Phi)[/li][li]Bench Pittsburgh (DEF-Pit)[/li][/ul]

Edmonton, who the hell are you. This is a good team, McNair has looked amazing in the preseason. You have 3 excellent recievers, but Rice’s career might not last the season, and he can’t throw it to himself. The RBs will produce nicely, and if Janikowski isn’t in the Polish army come November, he’ll be a good pick.

Rockville Crows (Montfort)
[ul]
[li]QB Johnson, Brad (QB-Was)[/li][li]WR Mathis, Terance (WR-Atl)[/li][li]WR Schroeder, Bill (WR-GB)[/li][li]WR Soward, R. Jay (WR-Jac)[/li][li]RB Staley, Duce (RB-Phi)[/li][li]RB Holmes, Priest (RB-Bal)[/li][li]TE Pollard, Marcus (TE-Ind)[/li][li]Bench McNabb, Donovan (QB-Phi)[/li][li]Bench Johnson, J.J. (RB-Mia)[/li][li]Bench Broughton, Luther (TE-Phi)[/li][li]Bench Bailey, Karsten (WR-Sea)[/li][li]Bench al-Jabbar, Karim Abdul (RB-Ind)[/li]
[li]K Conway, Brett (K-Was)[/li][li]Bench Hall, Jeff (K-GB)[/li]
[li]DEF Baltimore (DEF-Bal)[/li][/ul]

Monty, you’re fate seems to ride on the success of the ‘Skins. I’m skeptical of them, but if they live up to the hype Johnson could take you a long way. Its a hell of a RB core, and McNabb makes a eal nice safety net. Hell of a D’ but you have some holes at WR. Plug them and we might be dancing at the top come week 13.

Seattle Sinners (Squooshed)
[ul]
[li]QB Aikman, Troy (QB-Dal)[/li][li]WR Moulds, Eric (WR-Buf)[/li][li]WR Hayes, Donald (WR-Car)[/li][li]WR Horn, Joe (WR-NO)[/li][li]RB Faulk, Marshall (RB-StL)[/li][li]RB Anderson, Jamal (RB-Atl)[/li][li]TE Walls, Wesley (TE-Car)[/li][li]Bench Grbac, Elvis (QB-KC)[/li][li]Bench Smith, Lamar (RB-Mia)[/li][li]Bench Johnson, Charles (WR-Phi)[/li][li]Bench Santiago, O.J. (TE-Dal)[/li][li]Bench Huard, Brock (QB-Sea)[/li]
[li]K Hanson, Jason (K-Det)[/li][li]Bench Cunningham, Richie (K-Car)[/li]
[li]DEF Buffalo (DEF-Buf)[/li][/ul]

Sqoosh is looking nasty. Faulk is all-world in every damn category. Aikman is rock steady, and you have a Pro Bowler in Moulds. Buff’s D lost alot of pieces, so keep an eye on that. The bench is very good. Solid draft over all.

Improbable Probables (iampunha)
[ul]
[li]QB Druckenmiller, Jim (QB-Mia)[/li][li]WR Harrison, Marvin (WR-Ind)[/li][li]WR Connell, Albert (WR-Was)[/li][li]WR Streets, Tai (WR-SF)[/li][li]RB Hearst, Garrison (RB-SF)[/li][li]RB Rhett, Errict (RB-Cle)[/li][li]TE Jones, Damon (TE-Jac)[/li][li]Bench Smith, Akili (QB-Cin)[/li][li]Bench Johnson, Rob (QB-Buf)[/li][li]Bench Edwards, Robert (RB-NE)[/li][li]Bench Banks, Tony (QB-Bal)[/li]
[li]K Vanderjagt, Mike (K-Ind)[/li][li]Bench Kasay, John (K-Car)[/li]
[li]DEF Tampa Bay (DEF-TB)[/li][li]Bench Indianapolis (DEF-Ind)[/li][/ul]

4 QBs? Couldn’t decide huh? I guess one of them is bound to pan out, lets see if you know which week to play each. It shortened your bench to the point of crippling the WR squad. The RBs are good, but on bad teams. That usually won’t get you many TDs. No complaints about the D or kicking game, but I don’t see that being enough.

Pepperland Broncos (pepperlandgirl)
[ul]
[li]QB Germaine, Joe (QB-StL)[/li][li]WR McCaffrey, Ed (WR-Den)[/li][li]WR Smith, Rod (WR-Den)[/li][li]WR Jett, James (WR-Oak)[/li][li]RB Gary, Olandis (RB-Den)[/li][li]RB Kaufman, Napoleon (RB-Oak)[/li][li]TE Clark, Desmond (TE-Den)[/li][li]Bench Detmer, Ty (QB-Cle)[/li][li]Bench Thomas, Thurman (RB-Mia)[/li][li]Bench Stokes, J.J. (WR-SF)[/li][li]Bench Anderson, Mike (RB-Den)[/li][li]Bench Mitchell, Scott (QB-Cin)[/li][li]Bench Tate, Willy (TE-Oak)[/li]
[li]K Andersen, Morten (K-Atl)[/li]
[li]DEF Denver (DEF-Den)[/li][/ul]

Pepper made the mistake of focusing on the home team, she’s gonna hurt on those bye weeks. Find a QB who’s gonna start so you’ll have a fighting chance, Germaine isn’t it. Drop him, hes 3rd string. Those Broncos you got are good, bu tI don’t think ther are enough plays in a game to get all those guys the points you need to compete here. Good luck girl.

High and Mighty (Omni-, yours truly)
[ul]
[li]QB McNown, Cade (QB-Chi)[/li][li]WR Engram, Bobby (WR-Chi)[/li][li]WR Kennison, Eddie (WR-Chi)[/li][li]WR Hilliard, Ike (WR-NYG)[/li][li]RB George, Eddie (RB-Ten)[/li][li]RB Dayne, Ron (RB-NYG)[/li][li]TE Wycheck, Frank (TE-Ten)[/li][li]Bench Edwards, Troy (WR-Pit)[/li][li]Bench Dillon, Corey (RB-Cin)[/li][li]Bench Bledsoe, Drew (QB-NE)[/li][li]Bench Dilger, Ken (TE-Ind)[/li][li]Bench George, Jeff (QB-Was)[/li][li]Bench Brooks, Robert (WR-Den)[/li]
[li]K Gramatica, Martin (K-TB)[/li]
[li]DEF Atlanta (DEF-Atl)[/li][/ul]

And finally, I present to you the Stright Dope Super Bowl Champs!!! In a attempt to be impartial I must say I walked away with the best draft by far. Getting Bledsoe 6th was a coup, and McNown will explode in that system. Don’t think anyone can beat my RB triumvirate, Dayne on the bench! If need be I have some sweet trade bait in my 3 QBs and RBs Dilger seals me up at TE in case of injury, and my Wide outs are loaded with dark horses. Those Bears will be 1000 yard guys, and both Hilliard and Edward should play every down completing my third spot. Atlanta D was a late pick, bu ti’m very confident that in that weal NFC West they’ll put up good enough numbers to help me, and not hurt me. In 98 they led the league in turnover ratio, I’m feeling good that will anderson back on O they’ll won’t be under so much pressure. In short I see no holes on my roster, making me a lock for the top slot.

There you have it folks, no need to participate any more. But I suppose you still can for the bonding and chats. Go ahead, tell me I’m wrong on anything…its all here in writing, so come December I’ll say “I told you so”.

Awww…thanks Omni! Glad to see I did so well. I I agree on being screwed on bye weeks…I can pick up an extra D and a kicker on waivers or trades soon enough, though. And a QB too…lord known Pun took enough. :slight_smile: And I have you to thank on the TE - YOU took the one I wanted, dumbass!

The second stringers…they’re ones with a pretty good shot at playing. Hicks will definitely start at some point…I don’t see Davis staying healthy all season. I’m a little worried about my backup WRs, but I can pick up those easily enough once the season starts.

And as a parting comment…who says I won’t be looking at YOU over my shoulder, Omni? :smiley:

Well, gee, I guess we should all just quit now.

Really now? We’ll see about that…

Well, I guess you’re hoping that Bledsoe figures out what color his team’s jerseys are. And you also hope that the addition of Bellicheck is a positive one. It sure was for Bernie Kosar in Cleveland during his stint as a coach there. Remember that? And as for McNown, how much experience does he have? Right. If potential meant anything, I’d have a kid every time I jerked off.

Just please try and make sure that Corey Dillon doesn’t beat his wife anymore. Between that and his holdout, he’s a mess waiting to happen, not to mention a suspension. Eddie George is a good back, and I certainly hope as a Giants fan that Dayne is not another Heisman jinx.

To say that it is considerably better than even my RB crew is laughable. A little better, maybe. But if Dillon-ger gets in trouble - and that’s a team that will be passing in a fourth quarters all year at best - and if Fred Taylor gets injured and Stacy Mack is even lose to what James Stewart was last year, I think it’s a push.

Back-up QB’s like Jeff George merit a lot on the trading block too.

Oh please. After an initial burst in St. Louis, Kennison fell hard and a young QB will not help him here. Ultimately, you have a #2 and #3 guy from the same team at WR. I mean, I pretty much let you have Hilliard because I didn’t want two recievers from the same team. The negatives far ouutweigh the positives. And who is throwing any of your guys the ball? Right.

My wideouts will smoke yours.

Here is what I think, a little more impartially than you come off obviously:

BEST QB TANDEM - Mullinator’s tandem of Warner and King gives him great potential here and few blank weeks at the position.
BEST RB TANDEM - Squooshed with Marshall Faulk and Jamal Anderson.
BEST WR TEAM - JoeyHemlock has Moss, T. Holt, promissing rookie Warrick and Dyson.
BEST TE TEAM - Squooshed again. Santiago should catch passes in Dallas and Walls is a stud.

That said, I am quite happy with my team thus far, and shrewd trades and/or free agent pick ups will no doubt render some rosters unrecognizable by the midway point of the season.

Include injuries, and almost everyone has a chance here!

That said, I like my chances, and I see good starts overall for The Jalisco Jimadors, Cobras, Hermoso Castor, Edmonton Smugglers, Seattle Sinners.

Yer pal,
Satan

Four months, three weeks, 6 hours, 49 minutes and 43 seconds.
5731 cigarettes not smoked, saving $716.42.
Extra time with Drain Bead: 2 weeks, 5 days, 21 hours, 35 minutes.[/sub]

Well, I do think Jake the Snake will pull out of his poor playing. Last year he had an Offensive line so screwed up with injuries and a hold out he never stood a chance. Injuries did not help. Besides I screwed up and did not draft a QB until late.
My personal favorite steal was D. Boston He is now the #1 receiver for Arizona since Moore went IR. Boston is a damn good reciever, I think even if Plummer plays like he did last year Boston will still be able to get the ball.
Picken? well, I think he will do rather well when Nashville starts to “air” out their offense behind Mc Nair.
Buress has had some flashes in the preseason I think he will pan out.
My Rbs are alright, Davis will do well, and I believe Alexander might be made starter before the season is out.

well guess I hope and pray now.

Osip

Help me out guys. Are we talkin’ ‘bout golf or tennis?

I guess I’ll accept Omni’s assesment of my team… But do not underestimate the Terlingua Drop-Outs!

And to shore up that bench, I’ll be watching the transactions lists and hovering over waivers like a starved vulture…

I watched this draft unfold, and I just have one thing to say.

Ty Fucking DETMER? In the 3rd round? Are you INSANE?

I took McNabb as my backup because he was available, I’m an Eagles fan, and he’s doing really well in the pre-season. I know Johnson was a big-ass risk for a top pick, but I’m either getting gold or plastic from him, and McNabb’s a good second choice should Johnson bust (being an Eagles fan, of course, I’m hoping for that to happen).

My WR holes are bigger than I feared. My brother is roommates with his grandson, so I feel it’s appropriate to quote Monty Hall and say "Let’s make a deal!"

Nice analysis of everyone, though, Omni. Biased, but impressive nonetheless.

As I stated in the posting board at the TMFL, thank G** that I ranked as many players as I did. It was a royal pain to sift through 200 players or so, but it really paid off, since our internet security at work prevents access to Yahoo fantasy drafts. [insert lengthy bleep here]

Hats off to Omni for his overall preview. I agreed with much he had to say concerning everyone’s team except his own. I have very strong doubts about his wideouts and his defense, but time will tell.

I feel good, but am concerned about the Hell Dwellers, Jalisco Jimadors and Edmonton Smugglers. Cobras would also be a concern with a good second RB.

Of course its biased!!! I’m all about preseason hype!!! My cheek is bruised from my tongue when I said I was attempting to be impartial. Still, I don’t see many holes in my line up.

Osip, I was going to mention how nice a pick up Alexander was, I’d wager he’ll be starting by week 3, and Holmgren will get him alot of carries.

Satan, you must be high! You mention my assessment of potential in drafting alot of Bears, well guess what, in a 20 team league potential will make or break the winners. And its clear you realize it too, even while chiding me for it, seriously you have more "if"s in that backfield than VisualBasic.

I’m thinking its gonna be a big year for QBs, especially black QBs. McNabb, Culpepper, and King will all probably have excellent seasons. But I like a proven Bledsoe on the rebound, its a shame I can’t start them both. The winners this year are teams starting the players who get the most snaps. A great third down guy, or 4th WR on your roster isn’t going to be enough this season, you need steady production from everyone.

Here’s the Pre-Season Power Rankings.
[ol]
[li]High and Mighty (Omniscient)[/li][li]Skaggsville Falcons (Falcon)[/li][li]Seattle Sinners (Squooshed)[/li][li]The Jalisco Jimadors (JoeyHemlock)[/li][li]Edmonton Smugglers[/li][li]Rockville Crows (Montfort)[/li][li]Hell Dwellers (Satan)[/li][li]The Mighty Osips (Osip)[/li][li]Baltimore Weirdos (weirddave)[/li][li]Terlingua Drop-Outs (Pantellerite)[/li][li]Hermoso Castor (Mullinator)[/li][li]Cobras (bigred1)[/li][li]KC Whammies (Whammo)[/li][li]South Park Visitors (wolfman)[/li][li]Wisconsin Cows (Cheese Head)[/li][li]Monroeville Maroons (Amok)[/li][li]Stinky Rat Felchers (MrCynical)[/li][li]Improbable Probables (iampunha)[/li][li]Qwispy Killers (Qwisp)[/li][li]Pepperland Broncos (pepperlandgirl)[/li][/ol]
Come the end of the season you’ll all see I live up to my name.

What, high?

:wink:

Actually, I told Satan from about the 6th round that you were going to be the team to beat, and nothing you did after that made me change my opinion.

And I repeat, just in case PLG didn’t see in the first time. Ty fucking DETMER?

Well, since you asked Omni :slight_smile:
The major hole I see in your team is concentrating your entire passing game out of soldier field. A few blustery Chicago sundays with the wind whipping and you could end up getting no points out of the QB and recievers, which could cost you some games. Bledsoe in a late round was without a doubt the best pick of the entire draft, that alone gives you much more flexibility than most.

So many kickers went so quick, but I figured I could get Edinger in a late round. I was happy he dropped for me. For Rackers, I just wanted to make sure that I had someone who was actually on the team. I don’t want to spend a week without a D or without a Kicker.

By the way, I am from the Chicago area, up by Gurnee/Waukegan.

Well, I wanted to start with a strong RB, but Moss was the best available when I got the board. With 20 teams in the league, I had to take some chances… Hopefully Ricky Williams can stay healthy and run a lot.

I thought I did pretty well for my first ever draft. I did a lot of research…

Won’t you all feel bad when a team that was automatically drafted wins the league? However, I will entertain any and all offers to get a decent running back. Joe Montgomery? I think he was my 7th grade shop teacher.

Well, I think (hope?) that I’m better than 16 out of 20, but I guess we’ll see. I do agree that my team has some problems; I didn’t attend the live draft and only ranked about 40 players, so it’s perhaps not suprising. Looking over my draft choices were amusing though. Dameyune Craig? Sheesh. I better hope Gannon doesn’t get hurt. I do think I have a decent starting line-up. Yeah, Wilkens isn’t an every down WR, but he is a pretty good return man, so that may make up for it some. I’m more concerned about Jefferson to be honest; if he continues his downward trend in yards it’s going to hurt. Bates is probably my biggest problem among the starters, but he has been picked up by Detriot; unfortunately, there’s no way he’s going to start ahead of Stewart unless Stewart gets hurt or does really poorly. My only hope there is that he somehow manages to get into the starting lineup or gets a lot of yards returning (which is possible, but still probably wouldn’t be enough).

My biggest problem, of course, is the complete lack of bench I have. I’ll have to see what I can do about that. Anyways, I wouldn’t bet on myself to win this league either, but it should be fun.

Who the heck are the Edmonton Smugglers?!?

Yer pal,
Satan

Four months, three weeks, 21 hours, 55 minutes and 21 seconds.
5756 cigarettes not smoked, saving $719.57.
Extra time with Drain Bead: 2 weeks, 5 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes.[/sub]

Alright, I managed to upgrade my bench somewhat. It’s still not spectular by any means, but at least I managed to pick up some guys who should see playing time, unlike the previous bunch. I don’t know why, but Yahoo drafted a bunch of rookies for my bench when none of them are starting or close to starting and some of them didn’t even make final rosters. Yeah, I realize it was just drafting according to its default rankings, but why those guys were ranked so high to begin with is a mystery to me.