Simpsons Episode That Would Have Made a Good Plot for the Movie

Now that the Simpsons movie has been announced, thoughts turn to exactly what will fill the 90-110 minutes.

It would seem a movie would need to be some big adventure, rather than just another wacky day in Springfield.

In looking at the episode guide, there are quite a few episodes that could have probably been stretched into a feature.

(This thread was inspired by a Doper who once made that assertion about an episode of the Simpsons. I don’t know his name, so I dedicate this thread to the memory of the unknown Doper.)

A few that fit the Bill:

Deep Space Homer- Homer becomes an astronaut

Itchy and Scratchy Land- The family goes on vacation to an amusement park. (This was the episode that the unknown Doper pitched)

Who Shot Mr. Burns?- The mystery angle would have been good, but the Cliffhanger was better because you had to wait all summer.

Sideshow Bob’s Last Gleaming- Bob steals a nuclear bomb. (I hope the movie has at least a Bob Cameo).

Raging abe Simpson…Hellfish- Grandpa’s WW2 adventure is a big story, but it doesn’t give the rest of the family much to do.

Any others?

22 Short Film about Springfield. You cold easily make it like 100 short films. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been saying for years that Hellfish would have made a great movie. It hits all the requisite notes: Bart and Abe fighting, plenty of action, Burns being particularly villainous, Bart and Abe growing close, lives in peril, yada yada yada. It’s one of my favorite episodes, and I think it’s a shame it didn’t get made that way - I think I’d still love it if it was four times as long.

When it was conceived, Kamp Krusty was supposed to be the movie. But somehow the writers said they had trouble padding it out to 22 minutes, let alone 90.

Cape Feare [best episode ever] probably would have worked as a movie. Ditto You Only Move Twice.