You Fargin Iceholes: The Johnny Dangerously Thread

Good Lord, what a wonderful movie this was. Perfectly cast. Maureen Stapleton as Ma was hysterical. So many great gags, I can’t even begin to list them all.

“My name’s Dangerously. Johnny Dangerously.”
“Did you know your last name is an adverb?”

What’s your favourite line or scene?

“You hung me on a hook. My mother hung me on a hook…once.”

Heh…all those lines get me. I like the very beginning when the car crashes through the date and when he scans the puppy, who has the anti-theft tag on its ear.

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve seen it. I need to see it again soon.
See, in my opinion, Michael Keaton is (in alphabetical order):
Batman
Beetlejuice
Johnny Dangerously
Mr. Mom
That’s it. Any other Michael Keaton is a facsimilie from Multiplicity. (Except Jackie Brown Michael Keaon. I’ll accept him.)

Johnny Dangerously: “You got those. I like those on a woman.”

Ma Kelly: “You’ve gotten to be like a daughter to me and I wanna share somethin’ with ya.”
Lil: “Awww, what’s that Mom Kelley?”
Ma Kelly: “I go both ways.”
Lil: “Oh.”

Marone was priceless.

“You can’t park here. It’s for people with a disability.”
“I have a disability. (Placing placard on top of dashboard) I’m psychotic.”

All of the “~ once!” lines cracked me up, too.

Could be worse, I guess. This guy’s name is a prepositional phrase–and it’s pronounced that way too!

Better link

I’m a fan.

“Gimme a coke, a pack of Raisinettes… and a whitefish.”

“It shoots through schools!”

I love that movie.

I love Johnny Dangerously. There’s not a bit of it I don’t enjoy.

“Enough with the nodding!”
Bribing [strike]Dom DeLuise[/strike] the Pope.
Every single line by Moroni.
The ad-libbing by the priest in Death Row.
The ‘educational film’. “I’m going back to law school!”

There’s too much to list, really. This movie solidified Michael Keaton as a bona fide comic actor in my eyes, and the rest of the cast was awesome. I love Peter Boyle in whatever he happens to be in.

(On preview)
I don’t know how I managed to forget that line, Thalion. The way Piscopo delivers it just sets me off no matter how often I hear it. Even recalling the scene, I’m cracking up.

I know what you can’t say. You wanna get laid. You wanna hump your brains out. Vavoom, vavoom, vavoom!

I love you guys . . . and this movie. Mr. S hates it. I have to watch it surreptitiously when he’s not around.

We have a lot in common . . . We’re both swell lookers, we both scrub floors for a living, and neither one of us is Chinese.

Johnny and the mothers are playin’ stomp it at the savoy in Vermont tonight.

I saw Johnny Dangerously once. Once.

For a film I’ve only seen once, I still seem to have a lot of references to it in my head. ‘Once.’ ‘Farging icehole!’ I still use those on occasion.

Wasn’t there an army training film in it called Your Penis And You? (Even if it wasn’t in this film, it was a good parody.)

“I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes… like yourselves.”

Oh, and the newspaper headline:

Roman Moroni Deported to Sweden
Says He’s Not From There

“I’ll tell you one thing, you sure can banter!”

One of my all-time favorites.

Johnny L.A. (hey, did you know your last name’s an abbreviation?):

Testicles.

“Look, Ma! I made you an ashtray for your birthday!”
“Bless you, I’ll have to take up smoking now.”

“Remember kid…crime doesn’t pay!..(gets into limo)…OK, maybe it pays a little.”

“I’m standin here with my DORK in my hand!!!”

You sumindabastiches!

Love this movie. and one for the fans:

“Holy Mary Mother of God!”

Well, I’ll say this for ye – ye done yer homework!

Suma cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

“…and all of this can be yours, if you…PLAY BALL!”

“You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights.”

Ray Walston getting plugged with the newspapers at the corner stand where he goes blind and then he can see but he goes deaf.

And, of course, the myriad of diseases and operations involving Johnny’s mother. A special on operations? Ha!