Anyone seen gabriela lately?

Did I miss anything? Any post saying she was going away for a bit? There have been a couple of threads lately I’m just itching for her input on, but she seems to be MIA for almost two weeks, and she’s usually an every day or two poster.

Sorry if I come off stalkerish. Not my intent. Hopefully she’s just busy with the holiday season. If you’re lurking, gabriela, hi, I miss you, come back soon! :smiley:

Oh great, that’s just what we need. A stalkerish pagan herbalist polyamorist. Get the gun, Pa.

:wink:

Considering her job, it’s probably a good thing none of us have seen her recently. :wink:

You say that like it’s a bad thing! :smiley:

No really, today it was the What pound of flesh would you choose to lose? thread that made me think of her. 'Cause, y’know, we’re all guessing on how much kidneys and lymph glands and livers weigh. I bet **gabriela **knows within a few grams!

It looks like her last post was on the 5th, and according to her profile, her last activity on the board was on the 11th. That’s two weeks… :frowning:

Maybe she’s enjoying a nice vacation. Or perhaps she’s taking a sabbatical from the board for awhile – this place can tire you out if you don’t give it a rest on occasion.

In any case I hope she returns. I’ve been following her posts since she first arrived and I’ve always enjoyed her wit and intelligence.

She’s a great forum member with an interesting career that allows her to give informed commentary on some macabre topics, but really folks, what’s with all the gabriela worship? Even Cecil doesn’t get that. We’re all smart and interesting folks here - well… mostly.

Rigamarole: Three words: Self-selecting sample.

I said “mostly” - I never said I was part of the “most”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jealous? :wink:

Nah, she’s not the only popular doper. Imagine what would happen if, say, Quadgop the Mercotan (sp?) were to stop posting.

The truth is, she contributes a lot more knowledge to this board than the average poster, by virtue of her intelligence and unique career. She deserves the respect she’s been given.

It’s also true that a lot of extremely intelligent people on the SDMB don’t get recognized for their contributions. But if you’re only here to get your ego stroked, then this is probably not the board for you.

Now you tell me.

Just as a matter of interest, where* is* the ego-stroking board?
Just for future reference, of course.

Anyone wanna give my ego a nice, vigorous tug?

Anyone?

What?

I’m afraid I’d give you a swelled head.

[del]Having successfully made myself blush now,[/del] On another note, I miss **gabriela **too. I wish she’d do regular posts like the MMP or Sampiro’s threads…

I’ll give you a hug! but only because you have the least original user name ever!

OOPS! Tug? Count me out, I’m not that kinda girl.

Kytheria, you say that like a swelled dome is a bad thing! As long as a goddess like you is the one a-swelling, well…life is…um…swell! (we gonna keep your cheeks sufficiently blushed?)

Auntbeast, then what kind of girl ARE you? Don’t we usually stroke the ones that are MORE original? That statement tells me that you’re just playing hard to get.

She’s not the only poster we worship, most of those we do worship are obviously intelligent, but they also have original and unique points of view.

If you want to know the square root of 9 anyone can do, but if you need to know a)what prison is like, from a doctor’s point of view, b) what gross and interesting things happen to a coroner, c)about the life of whacky Southern family, d)all things glamourous and related to Hollywood’s golden age, then we have the people for that, and darn if we want to lose them, even for a few days.

There are a lot more interesting posters here, those are just off the top of my head.

You also have an expert on being a 25 year old, white guy in Michigan.

Now if we could only find such a person…when…we need him…

Quick! Turn on the Honkysignal!

Quick turn on the Honkey Signal!

{runs over and flips the switch} Sale at the Gap

:wink:

Heh. I don’t even love the Gap, either.

I think my Honker is broken.
No! Wait! Not THAT honker!

:dubious:
Such as not understanding how freon works on the human body?

Or describing an impossibly campy scene from the opening of From Dusk Till Dawn as something she actually saw in an emergency room?

Or confusing primary and secondary direct impact contusions with contusions caused by shear forces?

Or basing an opinion about immediate loss of consciousness during strangulation on tapes she has seen, where most would agree it is impossible to make an objective determination of consciousness?

Look, we all make mistakes. Me included. But these aren’t the types of mistakes, nor the ensuing explanations, that I’d expect from an expert. IMHO, they just aren’t. Sorry.