The Band my Drummer Produces - on Letterman!!

Tonight (Thursday, Nov 30th) - the band is Shiny Toy Guns, out of LA - I have posted about them in the past. They just got the word late last night. My friend - he’s a record producer by day and the drummer in my band for fun - is headed to the Ed Sullivan Theater right now to watch the taping this afternoon and potentially help create the TV mix.

Too cool - watch it live or set your TiVO!!!

Oh - and their music is 80’s sounding dance electronica, with more guitar in it than bands back then. With over 8 million Myspace downloads, they are doing pretty well…

Very odd. I’d never heard of them till last night: they’re playing our San Francisco, yearly festival’s afterparty (Not So Silent Night), a show we played last year as the selected “locals” and actually get to judge a contest for this year’s locals in—what is it—four days? And yes, they seem to be doing VERY well. Not my cup of tea, but tell your drummer he did a wonderful job. The tones are thick and they really fit the sound the band’s going for. IMHO.

Thanks, I will - you shoulda heard their mixes before he got to work on them. So damn overloaded - each song was well over 128 tracks. Everything go buried. He has kept working with them to strip out the tracks so that what remains sounds bigger…