The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

Old 02-16-2007, 07:01 PM

HA! We broke up and I still have your nude photo!

My ex girlfriend would get bored and take pictures of her breasts, post them on snapfish.com, and then send me the link (while we were still dating). She had nice breasts. I wasn’t complaining.

After we broke up, she didn’t delete my access privileges until about 6 months later . . . I don’t know if she forgot or just wanted to allow me the opportunity to see what it is I’d be missing. Either way, I only checked to see if they were still there, I never really cared to look at the pictures because 1) I’ve seen her breasts a zillion times, 2) the internet is not short of pictures of impressive breasts, and 3) it was weird because she was my ex-girlfriend.

So last time I was on snapfish, I noticed . . . my access is gone! Not unexpected.

So last week I was going through my box of files/bills/cards (not very organized) and was throwing away cards she had sent me. EUREKA!! I had forgotten about the print of her breasts that she had sent along with a card. She can’t deny me access to that! HA!

I’m keeping the picture out of spite. Who knows, maybe I’ll spread it around on the internet, maybe e-mail it to all of her family members. She was smart in not including her face, but I think she’d be embarrassed by the fact that in the picture, she had cut letters out of her “US Weekly” magazines, ransom-note style, and pasted them on her naked breasts spelling “THE GIRLS” because that is what she called her breasts.

Sorry ex-girlfriend, but I’m keeping this picture of your breasts and you can’t do anything about it. HA!
Advertisements  
Old 02-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Don 't be scummy enough to post them around the internet. It's despicable.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Right, post them here instead. We're a discreet bunch.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Yeah, a friend of mine recently had her ex-boyfriend post similar photos online. Sadly in her case her face was visible.

Perhaps the experience of trying to console a very upset friend has jaded me, but if you do put those up online somewhere, don't count on getting any respect from me (at least) in the future. It's a horrible thing to do to someone.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Well, if she is not identifiable, posting the picture is slightly less scummy. Still way not cool though.

Sending the picture to her relatives is also out.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 PM

Well, I guess now all of us women on this board know not to send any naked pics your way. (I'm just teasing ya, of course)
In all seriousness, I can understand to temptation to fantasize about revenge of that sort after a breakup if things ended bitterly. But, in the long run, after the pain fades, I bet you'll be happier taking the high road instead.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM

You'll know you're over her when that doesn't seem like a good idea any more.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 PM

You sound like a great guy.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Scrappy Hero Pup
You'll know you're over her when that doesn't seem like a good idea any more.
Couldn't agree more. Your spite is kind of pathetic, Roboto. It's been six months, you were still checking her boobs on snapfish, and now this? Wow. Get over it.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 PM

I've had compromising pix of ex's and I always returned them, or destroyed them.
If you use the pic for some twisted revenge it says a whole lot more about you than it does about her. You need to look in the mirror and see if there's a man, or a little boy looking back.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:57 PM

I wouldn't suggest posting the pictures on the Internet, simply because that means you could get into trouble.

But I am sick of people talking down to you because you're feeling the need for revenge and anger, two perfectly normal emotions. If I'd had a way to exact (non-death) revenge on my ex I would have. Not NOW, of course, but a year after? Probably.

Just let the fact that you have the picture be enough of a revenge - don't go posting it places. Like I said, that can come back to bite you in the ass. I had a friend in basically the exact same situation as your ex, and she got lawyered up pretty fast when we found nudie pics of her online.

~Tasha
Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 PM

Desiring revenge is a natural human emotion we all have, tashabot. That's one thing.

Acting on those feelings is entirely another, and not something that mature adults, and/or decent human beings, do.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashabot
But I am sick of people talking down to you because you're feeling the need for revenge and anger, two perfectly normal emotions. If I'd had a way to exact (non-death) revenge on my ex I would have. Not NOW, of course, but a year after? Probably.
No one is trying to tell the OP not to have emotions. But the way he's HANDLING his emotions, not so healthy. Still hung up on your ex 6+ months after the breaok up? Get counseling. Write a diary. Talk to friends. Exact revenge? Still checking out her boobs online? Doesn't that sound like the OP is having some real issues that he needs to GET OVER? Do you think publishing photos that she gave him is the best way for him to do that? I don't. He's really showing how much she got to him, how she still gets to him... that continues to give her emotional power over him.

I stand by my post. The OP is coming off as creepy and pathetic, and he's contemplating doing something quite awful. I hope he doesn't and he gets a grip on how he's letting his ex continue to fuck him up.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 PM

There seems to be a lot of unprovoked warnings issued towards Mr. OP warning him of what a terrible person he would be if he posted the pictures online. Although I agree that it would be kinda scummy I just wanted to point out that no where did he say he was going to do such a thing. Instead he just shared a story about going through some old stuff and finding a picture of his ex's breasts; to which I say HUZZAH!

I know it's no hard thing to find pics of boobs when you have an internet connection, but who wouldn't be happy finding old personal and erotic memorabilia from a time long gone. They are pictures of her, but the pictures are your's. Keep them, treasure them, take them out every now and then and do your thing. You're not hurting anyone.

I have "pictures" of my current gf right now that she wouldn't like to be shared, also we have broken up and gotten back togetehr a couple times. Never in those breaks have I even imagined leaking those pictures, also I have never given any thought to destroying them. Why should I? They're fantastic! I'd be crazy to. Also though I have never thought of sharing them with any soul other than myself, never even in our biggest breakup or loneliest moment. Having them all to myself gives them a special quality to me, because no one else has them. Spreading them around would take away some special value to me, whether we're together or not.

So if me and Miss BBS2000 broke up tomorrow and never saw each other again then I would still hope to have those pictures years from now.

Domo arigato, exy of Roboto.

(also.. wasn't it the ex-gf who was posting the pictures online in the first place?!?!?)
Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 PM

To add to that, Rubystreak, we can certainly see WHY he's an "ex".
Old 02-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Charter Member

I would suggest to you all to not take pictures of yourselves naked at all, if you are unwilling to accept the (perhaps remote) possibility of them being seen by other people, either strangers or family.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabysweets2000
There seems to be a lot of unprovoked warnings issued towards Mr. OP warning him of what a terrible person he would be if he posted the pictures online. Although I agree that it would be kinda scummy I just wanted to point out that no where did he say he was going to do such a thing. Instead he just shared a story about going through some old stuff and finding a picture of his ex's breasts; to which I say HUZZAH!
Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboto
I’m keeping the picture out of spite. Who knows, maybe I’ll spread it around on the internet, maybe e-mail it to all of her family members. She was smart in not including her face, but I think she’d be embarrassed by the fact that in the picture, she had cut letters out of her “US Weekly” magazines, ransom-note style, and pasted them on her naked breasts spelling “THE GIRLS” because that is what she called her breasts.

Sorry ex-girlfriend, but I’m keeping this picture of your breasts and you can’t do anything about it. HA!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakminster
Ahem.

Okay okay, I read too quickly (I get excited about breasts okay?).

Don't do that Roboto.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:45 PM

I would recommend burning the pictures. You're obviously still bitter about the relationship, it might help you forget her and move on to better things.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:54 PM

All you guys attacking Roboto...

Yeah, at face value what he's doing sucks. I like to think I would be honoourable about nude photos and return them or whatever, but frankly, the only thing that doesn't tempt me to take that sort of revenge on my psycho-warfare, knife-wielding, self-harming, screaming banshee, making my life a misery ex-girlfriend is that I don't have photos like that.

Not saying I'd do it if I did, mind, but it seems these days you are an evil PERVERT/TERRORIST/PEDO/SCUM/ETC if you do certain types of attack or revenge on another human being, but you're fine if you choose a lesser known one.

Beat on your wife?
SCUMBAG!

MAKE VEXATIOUS ABUSE CLAIM AGAINST HUSBAND?
Poor thing, you must have been pushed....

Anyway, the lady agreed to be photographed nude. She took the risk. Like she didn't know most relationships don't last... Right.

Last edited by TheLoadedDog; 02-16-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Old 02-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoadedDog
Anyway, the lady agreed to be photographed nude. She took the risk. Like she didn't know most relationships don't last... Right.
Yes, you're right, we should all act as if our relationships will fail at some point. I have learnt my lesson; Never trust a partner ever again!

I'm sorry but saying, effectively, "If he posts naked photos of her online it's her fault for taking them in the first place" is pretty much equivalent to "But she carried a purse with her, officer! What could I do but steal it?"
Old 02-16-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoadedDog

Not saying I'd do it if I did, mind, but it seems these days you are an evil PERVERT/TERRORIST/PEDO/SCUM/ETC if you do certain types of attack or revenge on another human being, but you're fine if you choose a lesser known one.

Beat on your wife?
SCUMBAG!

MAKE VEXATIOUS ABUSE CLAIM AGAINST HUSBAND?
Poor thing, you must have been pushed....
Ahem, looks more like a strawman than a LoadedDog to me.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 PM

I thought posting embarrassing nude pics of your ex was what the Internet was FOR?????
Old 02-16-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuanoLad
I would suggest to you all to not take pictures of yourselves naked at all, if you are unwilling to accept the (perhaps remote) possibility of them being seen by other people, either strangers or family.
And I would recommend just the opposite, provided you're young and reasonably attractive. Not spreading them around the Internet, but take those pictures. Then when you get to be an old bat like me you can take them to your plastic surgeon and say, "See that body? I want it back. Make it happen."
Old 02-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Charter Member

I found my husband's stash of pics of his ex in a box. I burned them, and when he asked about the box, I told him I burned them. He said that was fine, that he had been planning to.

Lucky for him that he reacted that way. I had been prepping myself for a showdown at High Noon.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:31 AM

Damn, some of you need to step out and have a smoke or pour yourself a glass of something neat over ice, hell, even rake patterns into sand while pondering nothingness--just calm down!

It strikes me as more than a little counterproductive to be jeering at the OP and accusing him of being obsessive. It's well within the realm of possibility that six months might not be enough time if a breakup hits you hard enough, wouldn't you agree? Why read stalking into this as opposed to, say, trying to vent?

Gotta say, though, Roboto, you are indeed edging up on a real dick thing to do, so I can't blame people for at least being inclined to jump on you. But I also can totally relate to how you're feeling. Was the relationship some sort of milestone for you? How long were you guys together? I'm also under the impression that things didn't end well.

Whatever the case, I agree with Happy Scrappy Hero Pup and sturmhauke. Get rid of the picture if you hate her as much as it seems. I wouldn't even go through the ritual of burning it. Tear it up if you want, but doing anything else is gonna keep dragging you back to this emotional morass you're in. It'll help you move on. Trust me.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Yeah - burn it. Make a ritual of it. 's what I did. However, it took a year of getting over it to be able to get to that point. That's not pathetic if you get hit hard, or if it's your first serious relationship.

Note to everyone who replied to me directly: I did suggest he not act out on his emotions because it would be decidedly uncool and could land him in hot water. But I don't like people to talk down to someone because he's having a perfectly normal reaction to such a find. So long as he doesn't act out on them, we're cool. And honestly, if he didn't act out on them, he'd be a better person than I because I am a bitch like that.

~Tasha
Old 02-17-2007, 05:43 AM

After a break up, I prefer an ex to disappear from the face of the Earth. If I found an old pic of any part of his body, I would destroy it immediately.

I logged into friends reuinted for the first time in 5 years recently and found a year-old message from an ex of 20 years ago. Would anyone feel triumphant over that? Personally, I felt sick, I hate blasts from the past.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:28 AM
BANNED

You know, in a more civilized era, like thirty years ago, men didn't take nude photos of their girlfriends.

They trained themselves in oil-painting and persuaded their girlfriends to sit for nude portraits. I have several large full-frontal-nude paintings of my ex-, very tasteful but very explicit anatomically, and I'll be damned if I'm going to burn them, or burn my photos of them, or restrain myself from including them in my portfolio when I take it around to galleries.

This is mainly theoretical, since I only rarely show my paintings in public anymore, more out of laziness than any other motive, and the paintings have been rolled up in my storage closet for years, but in theory what's the difference? I have a model's release, and these paintings are my work. Is there a difference between a nude that took a 1/100 of a second to create and one that took three weeks? Why?
Old 02-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Charter Member

Yahoo Groups awaits!

Information wants to be free!

Free her boobies!

Old 02-17-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarity N. Suze
And I would recommend just the opposite, provided you're young and reasonably attractive. Not spreading them around the Internet, but take those pictures. Then when you get to be an old bat like me you can take them to your plastic surgeon and say, "See that body? I want it back. Make it happen."
Seriously. As a friend of mine said the other day as she snapped some (not-nude) photos of my boobs, "Honey, we're getting up there. You've got to document that fabulousness NOW!!!"

For what it's worth, I took Roboto's threats to post the pictures as a joke. If I'm wrong, then I'll offer a heartfelt "Don't do that.", but I'm willing to extend the benefit of the doubt here.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaG
For what it's worth, I took Roboto's threats to post the pictures as a joke.
So did I. I thought it was more of a "MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!" moment than any serious threat of actually doing it.

Of course, 10 years ago if you took pics of yourself nude, the idea of them being seen by anyone other than who you made them for (and his immediate friendship circle) was unlikely. Now, it's a matter of seconds for the whole world to have potential access to them.

It's just something you have to seriously consider if you're going to do it. Documentation of your current state of beauty is one thing, but it could so easily get out, and ruin family relationships, friendships, job prospects... It's a risk, though perhaps a small one, that needs to be in your mind.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudotriton ruber ruber
You know, in a more civilized era, like thirty years ago, men didn't take nude photos of their girlfriends.

They trained themselves in oil-painting and persuaded their girlfriends to sit for nude portraits. I have several large full-frontal-nude paintings of my ex-, very tasteful but very explicit anatomically, and I'll be damned if I'm going to burn them, or burn my photos of them, or restrain myself from including them in my portfolio when I take it around to galleries.

This is mainly theoretical, since I only rarely show my paintings in public anymore, more out of laziness than any other motive, and the paintings have been rolled up in my storage closet for years, but in theory what's the difference? I have a model's release, and these paintings are my work. Is there a difference between a nude that took a 1/100 of a second to create and one that took three weeks? Why?
You've obviously forgotten the introduction of the Poloroid camera in the 1950's.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:58 PM

When I read the thread title, I thought he was talking to me.

Phew! What a relief to know it was about his ex-girlfriend.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Here's an interesting question, though. With the prevalence of women/men taking pictures of themselves nude, don't you think they'd likely get drowned out in the cacophony of all the pictures of breasts on the 'net?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Based on your description, she doesn't sound like the type to care.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romola Des Loups
After a break up, I prefer an ex to disappear from the face of the Earth. If I found an old pic of any part of his body, I would destroy it immediately.

I logged into friends reuinted for the first time in 5 years recently and found a year-old message from an ex of 20 years ago. Would anyone feel triumphant over that? Personally, I felt sick, I hate blasts from the past.
I so totally do NOT "get" this mindset. I have never had these kind of feelings toward an ex. I have always remained fond of my ex boyfriends. I've kept in contact with many of them. In fact, one of the people I chat online most often with is an old boyfriend from high school. When my boyfriend and I went to Tucson this Chrismas (my hometown) we went to lunch with a guy that I dated for four years, back in the day. My boyfriend and I have also stayed at my ex-husband's house when we were in town there. Oh yeah, and we all (all=me, my boyfriend, my son, my ex-husband) went to a Roger Waters concert together, too.

It seems to me that if you hate your ex that much, you are making bad decisions about who to date. Just because reasons come up that I no longer am compatible as a partner for a person doesn't change the fact that they are a person who had enough good qualities for me to want to be with them in the first place.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:36 AM

Put the picture up on the internet and you are telling the world that she dumped you. Otherwise, why seek revenge?

And we can guess why.

30 years ago you would have scratched her name and phone number in the restroom of a bowling alley with a note: "Looking for a good time? Call _____".

Knock it off. She's gone. The cure for that is a better girlfriend.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:50 AM

Roboto, there are some things I really wish I could say to you about this, but Board policy prohibits it. Suffice it to say that "don't count on getting any respect from me" is a big understatement.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudotriton ruber ruber
Dude, people have been taking photos of naked girls since the camera was invented. And, yeah, some of those girls posing for the photographers either were involved with them or went to be involved with them. If I've learned anything in class this semester, two of which involve the roots of pornography in the western world, guys have been talking their girlfriends into taking off their clothes and posing since there was art. People have been snapping naked photos since the invention of the personal camera.

Unless, of course, that entire post was very tongue-in-cheek.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:01 PM
BANNED

I made a fairly crude, but funny, penis-man cartoon character out of a photo of my taddlywagger as an amusing and somewhat sexy birthday surprise for my ex-girlfriend (and as a learning exercise to hone my photoshop skills). I sent it to her in an email just for the hell of it, and we both thought it funny and had a little laugh and a "bonding" experience. Fast forward a few months-- we have a pretty rough break up and have each gone our seperate ways. Well, she soon sends a forward of that email with the attached image and cryptic message..."Remember me?".

Heh, Heh...

Ultimately, I have no idea if she used Penis-Man for purposes of revenge or anything unethical, but secretely, I really, really hope she did. I hope that people are laughing at and enjoying a picture of my rather handsome penis in his starring role as Penis-Man. I hope that he is a cult figure in some little corner of the internet and that he has taken on a life of his own...

In her act of revenge, I would take more satisfaction than she because of my own incorruptible sense of humor and a healthy streak of exhibitionism. (Hell, one of my dreams is to found and star in a troupe of male exotic dancers ala Chippenwhales.)
Old 02-18-2007, 06:56 PM

Aaaaand the OP is the reason I and many ladies like me refuse to have any pictures taken of us sans clothing, no matter how happy such a thing would make our SOs.

So, the OP and people like him are actually reducing the amount of naked booby pictures in the universe!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

I think y'all are misreading this. To me, it's a heartwarming story of "Boy meets breasts, boy loses breasts, boy gets breasts." Or at least a photo of said breasts.

The basic plot of the OP is
1) Even though the relationship is over, the pictures that she took of her breasts are still there any time he wants to see them.
2) But wait! Now, for whatever reason, she has denied access. He can no longer see them.
3) But then, when going through some old papers, EUREKA! (which is a direct quote from the OP) He happens to have an old photo he forgot about. It turns out he can still see the breasts after all, anytime he wants, for as long as he wants.

If this story doesn't warm your heart, you just don't fully appreciate what the Seeing of Breasts means to a guy.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aangelica
Aaaaand the OP is the reason I and many ladies like me refuse to have any pictures taken of us sans clothing, no matter how happy such a thing would make our SOs.

So, the OP and people like him are actually reducing the amount of naked booby pictures in the universe!
I was thinking the same thing. A few bad eggs are spoiling it for all you guys who want nekkid photos of your wives/girlfriends and she won't do it....

We all THINK our partners are trustworthy at the moment they are holding the camera....but what if they aren't?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink
I think y'all are misreading this. To me, it's a heartwarming story of "Boy meets breasts, boy loses breasts, boy gets breasts." Or at least a photo of said breasts.

The basic plot of the OP is
1) Even though the relationship is over, the pictures that she took of her breasts are still there any time he wants to see them.
2) But wait! Now, for whatever reason, she has denied access. He can no longer see them.
3) But then, when going through some old papers, EUREKA! (which is a direct quote from the OP) He happens to have an old photo he forgot about. It turns out he can still see the breasts after all, anytime he wants, for as long as he wants.

If this story doesn't warm your heart, you just don't fully appreciate what the Seeing of Breasts means to a guy.
I think you need to read this bit:

Quote:
Who knows, maybe I’ll spread it around on the internet, maybe e-mail it to all of her family members. She was smart in not including her face, but I think she’d be embarrassed ...
He's still mad and wants to hurt her in public.
Best for her and him if that doesn't happen.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glee
I think you need to read this bit:
I did read it; I just chose to ignore it. I like my interpretation better, even if it is wrong.

(Honestly, I'm on the fence between your opinion and that of those who saw the OP's threats as a joke that he was never seriously considering doing. I could go either way.)
Old 02-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerosa
I was thinking the same thing. A few bad eggs are spoiling it for all you guys who want nekkid photos of your wives/girlfriends and she won't do it....

We all THINK our partners are trustworthy at the moment they are holding the camera....but what if they aren't?
So, you trust a guy enough to let him stick his cock up your pussy but you don't trust him enough to let him take pics of your naked breasts? How does that work?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glee
He's still mad and wants to hurt her in public.
Best for her and him if that doesn't happen.
I don't believe he's being serious. Though he hasn't come back in to confirm or deny, it just reads like an "I wonder what power I can wield over her" in a non-serious speculative way.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Captor
So, you trust a guy enough to let him stick his cock up your pussy but you don't trust him enough to let him take pics of your naked breasts? How does that work?
Really, you can figure this one out for yourself. A girl can stop having sex with a guy if he turns out to be a bad apple. Contact ends, sex ends, mistake acknowledged, everyone moves on. But pictures can come back to haunt a girl after the relationship has ended.
Evil Captor, compare it to giving an ex the keys to your home or share your bankaccount with her. You might feel comfortable doing that while there's love, but how would you feel if she still had the keys and the creditcard after you two broke up?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink
I did read it; I just chose to ignore it. I like my interpretation better, even if it is wrong.

(Honestly, I'm on the fence between your opinion and that of those who saw the OP's threats as a joke that he was never seriously considering doing. I could go either way.)
I take your point (and I am all for breasts ).

I just get nervous when posters suggest unpleasant behaviours and don't make it clear if they are joking.
Light-hearted breast banter instantly stops for me with the idea of sending personal pictures to your ex's family. That's nasty.