Remember that weird album cover that had...

The guy with three (may have been more) pool balls in his mouth? Whose was that? I’m thinking 60’s or early 70’s maybe.

What’s some album cover art or photo that is welded into your mind?

It is one of many photos on the Stones Exile on Main Street album.

Wee Bairn got it.

Link

One that is indelibly imprinted on my mind was again by the Stones, that from Sticky Fingers with the close-up front of the black jeans and a real zipper… and then there’s Blind Faith’s too. Herb Alpert’s below was the first album I ever bought, done so because of the cover.

That’s the one. Thank you.

Another pair of covers done by the same artist were Miles Davis’s Bitches Brew and Gregg Allman’s Laid Back. I’m pretty sure there were other covers by the same artist.

Absolutely on the Sticky Fingers. I almost mentioned it but decided to see how long it would take for somebody else to mention it. Not too long, it seems.

editing error

Black Sabbath’s first album, definitely. That lady scared the bejeezus outta me when I was a kid.*

*also, like, now

Most of Hypgnosis’s album covers, but most notably Pink Floyd’s Ummagumma (the uncensored British version).

Who’s Next, with the band members pissing on the whatever-it-is.

Led Zeppelin III with the rotating insert that put different images in the holes of the cover.

I remember that. There was that, the windows on Physical Graffiti and the Stones did it with Some Girls.

Mati Klarwein was the one with the Davis and Allman (and quite a few others) covers.

Which was an idea ripped off from the first Soft Machine album.

I’ve looked at a huge amount of album art, old and new. My dad has a big collection of albums from the 70s that I used to look through as a kid (One advantage of records over CDs or digital music is that the cover art is larger and more fun to look at - which is why records are coming back with indie rock.)

I could go on forever with a list of my favorite album covers, but this thread is about the one which is “welded into my mind” more than any other. And that is, strangely, Bandfinger’s No Dice.

This was one of my dad’s records. When you fold open both sides of the cover, you get a full-length centerfold-type image of an exotic-looking woman. She was the sexiest and most mysterious woman I’d ever seen.

Ok, raise your hand if you like Pink Floyd…

and had their albums on vinyl…

and had a copy of Meddle

…and saw–on their own–what was on the cover.

Thought you’d remember that moment :slight_smile:

For the record (ha ha , get it?) I was, well, dosed at the time, so it may have had a larger impact on yonder synapses than it otherwise would have… but it was still one heck of an epiphany.

The Pogues’ Peace and Love. Check out the hand that has “Peace” tattooed on it.

I think it was a lot harder to see on the differently colored American LP cover design.

Miller, I’m not seein’ it. It’s pretty small… does it not say “Peace”?

Actually, it kinda looks like “Taco”.