Alanis Morissette--"My Humps"--I am experiencing horror.

Fair warning: this is one of those “sour milk” things (i.e. “Wow, this milk is really sour and awful, here taste it!”), but if you feel up to the horror check out Alanis Morissette covering “My Humps”. It seems Ms. Morissette set out to demonstrate the vapidity of the song in the most painful way possible. And by “painful” I mean “painful to watch”.

I have to go wash my brain out now. Enjoy.

For all of me it was brilliant. Well worth the time to make it and send up some vapid pop music.

I LOVE it.
I think it is absolutely hysterical.
I have a new-found respect for Alanis.

Wow. Not good, but I can definitely appreciate the put-down.

Wow. Brilliant pastiche. Of herself too.

Horror is what I experienced when I first encountered Fergie. Alanis, stick it to those pop whores.

One of the comments said it was an April fool’s day joke from her website. Pretty funny if true. I can’t stand the original, and thought this was pretty damn funny.

Funny!

Having heard some of Ms. Morissette’s music, there is again some unintentional irony there.

Given that Ms. Morissette has herself made some extremely vapid pop music, she’s hardly one to send up vapid pop music.

I hereby award Alanis Morissette 7 Cool Points for this (6 if it gets taken down off of YouTube).

Isn’t it ironic?

Don’t you think?

Wow, it’s just as equally unbearable as the original, so it’s a resounding success. I think.

She’s poking a little fun at herself too. The vapidness of the lyrics makes you realize how pretentious and overrought Alanis’ music really is. It’s like she’s saying “you think my music is deep and comes from the soul? Look! I can sing like that for any song!”

Pretty sure I spotted Johnny Knoxville as one of the guys. Weird.

I got a kick out of it. “Pop Whores” is a great description. BAND NAME!

I thought it was hilarious!

Scuscribing to be able to check it out at home.

He He.