Identify this sci-fi quote

I remember being stirred by this quote not knowing its source. Now I have some time to read, would like to find the source. I will now proceed to butcher the quote for you:
“I have seen (somethings) on fire at the edge of a galaxy or something or other. I have seen various other extraordinary things that are space-related.”

It’s longer than this.

Laugh at me, then point me in the right direction.

It’s from the ending of Bladerunner. (video clip)

Never mind.

Hahahah! :slight_smile:

Blade Runner, Roy Batty’s last speech.

Damn everyone for being so fast. It’s Roy Batty from Blade Runner

"I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. " **Roy Batty ** (Rutger Hauer) in Bladerunner.

Nice- no wonder.

So… is it in the Electric Sheep version? Or is it solely from the movie?

Also, I still think my version is better :slight_smile:

It might be in the book but I wasn’t able to find it using Amazon’s Search Inside the Book feature. It’s possible a similar idea is expressed as I don’t have the actual book here.

What are “c-beams,” anyhow?

I just checked and it’s certainly not in the book where he dies; it might be earlier and transposed to when he dies in the film, I suppose

If I recall correctly (sorry, no cite), it’s Rutger Hauer’s own contribution. I have a vague memory of this but have been unable to google up confirmation.

From context, I would surmise they are something to do with faster-than-light travel.

I haven’t watched this in so long; thanks for the clip, slortar (what a great movie).

Or a weapon?

It’s definitely not in the book. The film is quite different from the movie. The book, frankly, is full of lots of interesting but not quite connected ideas, only some of which made it into the movie.

Confirmed. Hauer himself wrote this little speech.

It is a rather common phenomenom around Tannhauser Gate.

What? You don’t know where Tannhauser Gate is?

I believe it’s the entrance to the Venusberg.

Exactly, the c beams are connected to the b columns using 3 k bolts and the l nuts (remember to use the m washers).