Bay Area Dopefest- The Chieftain, Sat 7/14, 6:30pm

I have no idea how dopefests get organized and whatnot, but would there be any interest in trying to set up one for the Bay Area?

I can’t make any plans for the next few weeks, but after that would be interested. Close to public transportation my only requirement. Anyone else?

Mayhaps.

These always manage get scheduled when I can’t go (ok guys, I get the picture! :cool: ), but I’ll throw my hat in, as usual…

I’m interested. I always managed to miss the Atlanta ones…

Also interested. Will be heading south on 101.

Week day? Weekend?

I’d be interested in attending.

This ‘Bay Area’ of which you speak is in the land of oranges and Disneyland without Cape Canaveral, right?

I’m free evenings after work. Let me know when and where.

No, you’re thinking of LA. The Bay Area is in California.

:smiley:

Count me in.

I don’t post much but I read SD religiously. I’d be interested in attending.

Nice zinger!

Relatives down there always want to come up here to visit. What part of “Parking spaces are a figment of your imagination in my neck of the woods” don’t they understand? :smiley:

I’d be up for it.

Big backyard? Pizza place? Other?

Last time this happened I tried and failed to attend.

This time I will try again.

I’m in, time and location permitting.

Oh, yeah! I’ve had the idea at the back of my mind all year, and it’s time.

I’d love to attend a dopefest.

I’m in as long as I can fit it in my schedule. I’ll check back and watch for a date.

I’m in the north end of the East Bay, so somewhere not too far south would work better for me.

Doper from Sanna Zay* reporting in…I’ll be there if at all possible.

*California-speak for San Jose

I’d considered starting a thread about one a couple of months ago, but life sort of took over.

I did have July 14th on my calendar as a tentative date.

I think my husband and I would be on the maybe list depending on the date and location.

And speaking of location, I’d toss in the area around the Metreon as an option. We had a dopefest at Buca there a few years ago and I thought it worked out well. There’s also Jillian’s, Mel’s and a few other places that aren’t too loud or expensive and can handle a crowd, including the under 21 set. With one of my favorite pubs in SF, The Chieftan, nearby as an option for the over 21 set/drinking crowd. Close to bart, easy parking, etc. etc.

That’s sound pretty cool psycat. I had the idea of having a 'fest, but no clue where to do it. How hard is it to setup reservations or whatever for places in SF? We could probably start gathering a list of names now if that sounds like a good location and date to everyone.

i also could be on the maybe list, given a date and time. I attend the Las Vegas Dopefest August 10-12 but you can never have too much of a good thing. I have plans for July 14 but otherwise can work around to come up from Fresno.