Revenant Threshold
Talon Karrde
LOUNE
xtisme
Miller
Alessan
Ludovic
Kinthalis

Here are the rules: Have version 1.2 downloaded and installed. You can get 1.2 here.

I’m not on my desktop, where I have the game installed, but to email the save file, it’s in Program Files, then SEGA (I think), then in saves. It should be around there. Start off by calling it “SDMB” to make it stand out.

Also, I think we should take screenshots of our boundaries when we give our turn up and post them to this thread (just so we can see how our territory moves and grows).

Also, anyone else that wants to join up, let us know and we’ll happily add you to the queue. Gukumatz, you get to pick the faction (If someone DOESN’T have that unlocked, you can quickly unlock it by going to Program Files–>SEGA–>Medieval II Total War–>data–>world–>maps–>campaign–>imperial_campaign–>descr_strat. Go into that descr_strat. You should see a list of “playable” factions. copy and paste “denmark” from “unlockable” to “playable”.)

And delete it from “unlockable”. I’m not sure if anything bad would happen if it were in both, but better safe than sorry. And it doesn’t have to be Denmark.

I don’t believe it unlocks the faction. Actually, what I think it does is it crashes the program if you try to use them if they’re both locked and unlocked.

Worst case scenario, I’ll send you my backup descr_strat file. I kept my original because I wanted to be all careful too.

Yeah, I copy and pasted it from the description I did in the last thread. I thought I got rid of all instances of “Denmark”, but no.

Thanks for the extra bit of clarification.

I would love to play.

You’re after Kinthalis, kind sir.

Alright :slight_smile: I’ll be starting the game tomorrow, with Medium campaign difficulty but the hardest battle difficulty. Since we’ll be playing an exposed country, we’ll be done in too quickly if we up the Campaign hardness, but the battle difficulty should keep things interesting. I’ll post a in-character post tomorrow (eta 16 hours, not sure what time is easiest for you lads to relate to) with the country, but it’s safe to say I’ll play a risky one.

I’ve played through the game as Scotland, England and Denmark before and the lack of border action thoroughly bored me; the AI simply isn’t good enough at invading over the sea or from unprotected water-bordered flanks. Seriously, last time I played through Denmark, I only had a true stronghold in the chokepoint towards Germany and didn’t get invaded once. I held Stockhold and Oslo and a few boats in the float-points between Denmark and Sweden kept the hostile merchants at bay. Boring. I’ve also never been properly invaded on the British isles.

My first post will establish the initial regent canon.

(This is all, of course, if you don’t mind)

Ummm, I know I shouldn’t complain, but…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I know we’ll survive, but the second campaign I ever tried in M2:TW was as the Byzantines playing on Hard at both levels, and while I didn’t have any problems campaign-wise, the Hard battle rating made it nearly impossible to take fully-loaded cities. Perhaps we can play Medium and Hard rather than Medium and Impossible (or whatever the highest rating is?)

I’m willing to play, but like Ludovic I’m a little apprehensive about the difficulty. Honestly, I still prefer MTW with the XL mod to MTW2, and I often autoresolve during campaigns. I’ll play the battles out here though, as long as everyone’s comfortable with the real possibility of me getting my ass kicked.

That’s fine. Don’t worry at all. Having different people with different skillsets will be fun and interesting. You want in our merry band?

Gukumatz
Revenant Threshold
Talon Karrde
LOUNE
xtisme
Miller
Alessan
Ludovic
Kinthalis
RandMcNally
Kyyrewyyoae

MURDER!

Only hours after the Empire’s glorious march into Antioch, the lowly Venetians strike. The siege of Bologna - whose sons feast unknowingly in the liberated Antioch - turned into a bloody raze as hundreds of archers and spearmen breached the walls. Our Kaiser, charge after furious charge turning the outer courtyard red with the blood of those treacherous dogs, was finally laid to rest in the inner courtyard, as his final sally rallied the brave but overwhelmed peasants who were all that was left to him.

Venice must pay for this treachery. Let our new Kaiser’s shield be dotted black, one dot for every filthy venetian slain by his father, and those alone will number in the hundreds! Let the son’s son shield number in the thousands! Wipe Venice from the face of the earth.

Before this monumental tragedy, the Empire prospered. After ten years of contemplation, our beloved, late Kaiser felt the love of his four sons and the love of his land weigh upon his shoulders, and made peace with the Pope. Absit invidia! Confining himself to bring peace to middle Europa, our Kaiser brokered favorable deals with all neighbouring nations, negotiating clever trades of simple trade rights for map information, never giving out a cent. Our Kaiser subdued the rebels in all the wind’s directions, and the Empire now looks to prosper and regain control of mainland Europa.

And when the Pope called out for a Crusade against Antioch, who replied first? The Empire. The siege of Antioch was long-drawn but in the end, easily won and the lavish rewards from looting the filthy heathens we threw out, as well as the Pope’s generous reward, has set the Empire’s foundation in stone.

Ad majorem Dei gloriam.

The stick passes to friend *Revenant Threshold.

Something appears to be amiss with my email account today, so here is a rapidshare link. (1,5mb)

It seems the late Emperor was popular - but that didn’t stop others from trying to carve out extra territory from his holdings.

Motivated by vengeance, forces were sent to siege outlying Venitian towns. Then - a stroke of luck! The Venitian Doge, travelling only with his bodyguards to help lift a siege, was caught out in the open by travelling reinforcements and slain like the dog he was. An eye for an eye - a Doge for a Kaiser! But our vengeance was not sated - those who trifle with the Empire shall feel the full force of our righteous rage. And so Venice suffered more for its crimes, until finally their shining capital (after several long sieges) was ours. Only minor cities remain; royal family members forced to sit outside fortresses once their own and peck at the defences. This is Imperial justice.

Milan sought to take advantage of our offensives; yet we are not foolish in our attacks, nor obsessive in our quest. Our conquering force was sent westwards; soon, their own capital was taken. And yet they and Venice have the gall to demand us to be vassals! Such fools.

Yet, not all went well under the reign of Emperor Henry. Poland, thought to be not a threat, attacked - and took - our own capital of Frankfurt. A sizeable force led by our great leader himself attempts to take it back even now; he himself killed nobly when the enemy sallied forth. The Pope saw the warfare and attempts to stop it; proclamations halting us from attacking Milan and Venice repeatedly were called and broken by those perfidious nations. And our far-away cousin of Antioch overthrown by Egyptian infidels; the survivors briefly took Aleppo, but it was not to be. And there are rumours of a Horde sweeping in from the East…

The treasury is modest, but has superior backing. Forces are ready for orders.Talon Karrde, over to you.

I haven’t been keeping up with this, sorry. I’ll get to it tomorrow.

“Screenshots, people! We need screenshots of our empire!”, the peasants did yell.

The game isn’t running for me right now and I’m really not in the mood to reinstall the game and patches now, so I’ll send it along and put myself in the next slot.

LOUNE
Talon Karrde
xtisme
Miller
Alessan
Ludovic
Kinthalis
RandMcNally
Kyyrewyyoae

Gukumatz
Revenant Threshold

I’ve got the game. I’ll bust some ass for you guys.

Woo. Well, we’re in a quasi-pickle here. We’ve got about a half dozen enemies, all from around our borders. I’m going to work on getting some diplomacy and keeping what we have. Expansion will be done, but through diplomatic means/waiting for others to fuck up a little bit.
More news in a few.

Well. This is cute. France approached me with desires of a ceasefire, which I took. The Polish were church mice. Genoa asked for a ceasefire as well. I took it, even though I believe they have one city left. I sent a small army of priests and diplomats towards Constantinople to get experience and to talk to the Byzantines, Turks, Mongols, and Egyptians for map knowledge, trade, and to perhaps fleece a city or two.

So, I finished the seige of the Venetian capital, sent a large army to Bologna (which is under seige right now, streamlined the army a little bit (got rid of some peasant troops, consolidated, retrained). So we’ve got a big Venetian city under seige…

…then the Pope dies. We had no cardinals (I started spamming out priests to stop this in the future) so we had no sway. So…yeah…the new pope? He’s Venetian.

(cue drama music)

The baton goes back to Mr. Talon Karrde.

Things sound interesting, but it turns out I’ll be gone. I’ll go after Miller.

xtisme
Miller
Talon Karrde
Alessan
Ludovic
Kinthalis
RandMcNally
Kyyrewyyoae

Gukumatz
Revenant Threshold
LOUNE