AAIEEEE! (Or, When Google Image Search Goes Horribly Awry)

MrWhatsit and I are putting together a series of small puzzles for our guests to solve at our upcoming Halloween party. I’m doing a rebus for one of them, so I used Google Image Search to find a picture of an eyeball.

And now I am going to have to go scrub my brain to get rid of this image.

WHY? WHY? WHY???

I saw an egg like that, once. I still ate it.

Now, I was expecting something really gruesome.

This is just art! :stuck_out_tongue:

Place I used to work at had a division down the hall from me that made artificial eyes – what used to be called “glass eyes”, except that these were acetal plastic. They were so good that Disney bought them for the audioanimatronics at their theme parks. I got a few rejects (which are cool), but another guy got one that was custom-made for him as a keychain trinket.
It had FIVE pupils in it.

I’m surprised that an old veteran such as yourself would need any stronger cleansing agent than a damp brain paper towel. Given the gruesome images that have been linked to in previous threads (particularly the ones involving several quarts of pus), I would think you would be hardened to such minor ickiness.

I need a drink.

And surgery, to excise the part of my brain where that mental image is now stored.

runs screaming away from the computer

Eh, still safe for work. It’s not icky, it’s just…medical.

Now, if your Google Image search had yelded that National Lampoon image from 30-odd years ago of an eyeball staring out from a hisuite man’s rectum…

I was once writing an article about birthstones and searched Google Image for “jewels.”

Ooooh pretty… emeralds, diamonds, rubies, sapphires, oh look, and there’s a penis.

Something similar happened when I was searching for a photo of a beached whale for an endangered species article as well. :eek:

I always miss the cool stuff. :frowning:

I used to have a glass eyeball keychain - freebies sent to opthalmic labs sometimes rock. It was nothing like a real replacement eye looks like, but it still squicked more than a few people.

That said, I’m squicked out by that pic.

My father works with bloodhounds. He prefers using a leather harness for the dog to wear during tracking, because the nylon catches on briars and frays. The local pet store doesn’t sell any leather harnesses large enough for his dog, so he went to Google.

His tip: Don’t search on “leather harness” if you’re looking for pet supplies.

When I went to animation school, we had to model a monster in our first Maya class. I got assigned the Basilisk, which is a cross between a snake and a rooster.

I did a google search for “hen” and wound up with a page of thumbnails of Japanese girls getting raped by tentacles. I said out loud WHAT THE HELL? The guy sitting next to me was a Japanophile, and told me Google probably bumped my keyword into “hentai.”

Apparently Japanese hentai sites look for a lot of potential customers.

I did a google search for “nymph” images, looking for artistic renderings of the mythical creatures.

By p 2, I saw some images that seemed about two clicks away from taking me places the Justice Dept would like to discuss with me.

I was reading “Lolita” by Nabokov.

Don’t Google “Lolita”. Some pretty shady results.

I was trying to research what kind of roller blades were available at various sporting goods stores. I discovered that dicks dot com is NOT the web site for Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Likewise, I was looking for some images I could use in some materials promoting a cornhole tournament. It is not a good idea to search for cornhole images with the Google safe search turned off.

I’ve heard at least a few news stories over the years about how some little kid was assigned a history report about slavery, and decided to see what Google could pull up…

On this very board I was writing, along with other posters, an early 19th century sea story. Think Hornblower or Jack Aubrey. At one point in the story one character was flogged.

Googling “discipline”, “cat”('o nine tails), and “British Navy” got some intriguing results.

Being an old guy who has fallen way behind the times, I Googled several of the above words and learned that there are many completely different worlds out there; I think I now have some faint understanding of the term “alternate reality.” Life is indeed a learning experience.

This thread is funny…

About a month ago I was Google Image Searching in a fit of boredom. I was looking for cute panda pictures and was trying out every combo, “panda funny”, “cute panda”, “panda bear” etc…

I was struggling to think of more search terms, when I thought of something I hadn’t thought of before! Sweet, finally!

As the pictures popped up, I couldn’t help but laugh, and quickly exit out of the tab, as I hadn’t even thought of the erotic connotations of

“asian bear”

:smack:

Eh?, what!?

It wasn´t me, I swear it was already broken when I found it!
She said she was over 18!
The dog did it!
I have no recollection of…

Wait, that´s “AAIEEEE!” with a capilal “i” not an “l”.
Ejem… never mind then.