New favorite YouTube video

Mostly just silly, but some of the subtitles are definitely NSFW: “Fart in the duck” http: //ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iRUGGy9RVrM

Biggest laugh I’ve had for some time!

Language Log blog has even commented. Language Log: BHTs?

There are other videos on YouTube in this vein.

Videos and sites with foreign songs with the lyrics interpreted as they are English words are all over the Internet. Two of my favorites are French Erotic Film and Finnish DuckTales (both NSFW due to lyrics and visuals).

YouTube isn’t the place we go to find something breathtaking, but this time-lapse video taken from the top of a high-rise in Vancouver is really something to see. Clouds passing over buildings, ships moving in harbors, and tiny cars flowing through a major traffic artery take on a strange beauty, especially for those of us who alreayd know how beautiful Vancouver can be.

That’s cool. High on my to-visit list.

There are some cool time-lapse videos there. Thanks for the hour-long diversion. A couple of neat ones:

Night scenes

Cross-country drive

Edinburgh

Balloon Race

All things QI.

It’s in season 5 - and it’s all there!

Well it is almost the season for this - I was going to wait a few more weeks before posting.

The cast of Scrubs performs A Charlie Brown Christmas

I hate you. I opened this thread yesterday, and thought, “well, that was mildly amusing”. Then I woke up today and found myself gently singing to myself “faaart in the duck…”. I’m still singing it. Make it stop!

I meant to mention that as an added bonus :slight_smile: but somehow I forgot to.

Holy cow. This one is weird. A conspiricist (or something) raving to the city council about a rogue helicopter pilot buzzing his home. He’s convinced that everyone from the mayor to the FBI is in on it.

Human Skateboard.

I love Chester Tam, and his latest series of YouTubes is pretty funny.

How to become an internet celebrity, Part I

Definitely not work safe. “So… rape is the punchline?”

And Sam Stone posted a similar phoenetic translation video recently that I thought was hilarious. Here it is.

Here’s an explanation of what he was ranting about:
http://sbunnies.blogspot.com/2006/10/judging-crazy.html

He had spoken out earlier on some issues relating to an arena that his city was going to build. He’s saying that after that, the owner of the team that was going to use the arena harassed him by buzzing his house with a helicopter.

Wow. What an eye-opener! Thanks very much. :slight_smile:

This video is awesome:
Train running through Bangkok market

The front fell off.

Awwwww

Violent Combat Robots.

Meet the heavy weapons guy.

(Those last two resemble what it’s like inside my head to a rather disturbing degree)

Daria: A Little Knowledge (The fellow behind this one is a god)

Through the first 20 seconds of this video, I was thinking “WTF? Is this some kind of joke, or what?” But the last 20 seconds are really quite amazing…

Thanks!

Well, if you get tired of singing about fart-filled ducks, you can always go for a farting pig!

Very touching