Britney carted off to the crazy house.

After a 3 hour standoff with police.

You can’t make this stuff up.
And yes, I lurve my celebrity gossip. I’m a member of the mesmerized masses-- bring on American Idol!

This doesn’t surprise me in the least. I thought it’d happen sooner, though.

That pic in your news link looks like a still from an exorcism movie.

Well, there’s this at least.

The thing I find most intersting about the story is that Kevin Federline has “employees” and a bodyguard- not knocking him, just odd- what do his employees do?

Go pick up his kids from his crazy ex-wife’s house?

From the piece:

I like how they throw that detail in there, as if it adds to the horror somehow.

I hate it when I follow gossip, but after I read this article about two hours ago the first thing I did as check to see if anyone has started a thread on it.

Hey, here it is now.

This is just fascinating behavior to me. I don’t care about the dresses worn at the Academy Award, or Paris’ new dog. But complete and utter dysfunction among celebrities is fantastic.

I mean, I feel bad for the Spears family, Britney’s kids, and Britney herself; but wow. Some people just don’t grow up right. She is the only one responsible for her own actions, especially in the audience of the anal-retentive dopers here on this message board; but you have to wonder how much of the constant public attention has exacerbated her crazy behavior.

Um, just want to say that crazy house is extremely un-PC. It is now referred to as the loony bin.

The tabloid people have to be crapping their pants over this one.

Oh yes we can :smiley:

How 'bout crazy bin or loony house? :smiley:

Who’s got her in their celebrity death pool?

No, you now have to call it a mental health care institution.

It’s madness gone politically correct!

Well it seems to be a vicious cycle. Britney doesn’t know how to exist without the constant attention; it’s well known that she routinely tips off the paparazzi when she goes out. So we can blame her parents for the shitty way they raised her and the press for actually caring, but Britney has certainly exacerbated the situation all on her own.

She should have been Baker Acted long ago. To heck with the celeb rehabs that pamper the hell out of them.

“Mental stress and anguish” are in quotes because what they really mean is drugs and alcohol.

Er … I don’t see what that has to do with anything. What a horrible thing to mention, The poor girl is suffering and …
[sub]Yeah, okay. So I have her in the pool but I get no enjoyment out of this. I’m not a bad person.[/sub]

Come to think of it, I wouldn’t mind a week or two in the loony bin.

One the one hand, I feel bad for opening this thread. On the other, I couldn’t see the title without thinking of this:

Reached for comment through a publicist, Spears said, “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.”

I wonder if they let you go commando in those straight jackets?

You read ‘Lio’ this morning, didn’t you?

Yeah, this is totally out of line for a CS thread man, try and keep it civil.

I have her too, come on Brit, daddy needs a new pair of shoes!