Where is your college diploma?/Where's the oddest place you've seen one?

Is it hung up at work someplace? In a box?

Mine’s lying on the top shelf of my bookshelf at my parents’ house, but that’s only because it just recently arrived in the mail and I haven’t figured out what to do with it yet. I’ve got the folder I got during the ceremony at my apartment. Maybe it’ll end up in there. My associate’s degree is framed and on a shelf at their house as well. Not sure when they put it in the frame, but there it is.

Bonus question: Where’s the oddest place you’ve seen one hung?

I frequent a coffee shop whose proprietors (a husband and wife) have them hung on the wall. They recently started the place, the diplomas are in business administration (IIRC), and it’s a college town. Not really odd, I guess, but I’d never seen one in a coffee shop before.

In a folder , with all other certificates from my junior school days onwards and my passport …

I’ve got all my diplomas framed on the wall in my den. Every now and them I look at them, and they seem an inadequate sort of receipt for the efforts I went through.

I have a friend who used to keep his diploma framed on the wall in his bathroom.

I’m not sure where they are.

Not sure.

Mom’s baement might be a good guess.

I’m pretty sure mine are on the bookshelf in my bedroom gathering dust.

Mine’s framed and sitting in a closet right now. Never put it back up after I moved, since I couldn’t think of a good spot for it. Maybe when I move again next month, some wall space in the new place will inspire me.

A buddy of mine put it in his bathroom, so he can admire it while he’s peeing.

Mine is in its commemorative folder, in the envelope they gave it to me in, on my bookshelf. Actually, there are two, since the first one had a pretty horrendous misspelling of my name. Think Marnago instead of Margo.

My sister Lois has hers in a frame I gave her in her garage over her homemade beer-pong table. She says that it’s because beer-pong was the only thing she really learned in her undergrad years. I feel sorry for her for that, but I still think it’s funny because it it the most pretentious diploma I’ve ever seen- the college’s name is in fakey Latin and everything.

I actually don’t know where mine is. The only degree I display is my PhD, which is the only degree I am proud of having attained. It’s on the wall of my office.

I think they’re both (BA and PhD) in their folders on a shelf of oversized books in the guest room – but I could be wrong about that.

They’re on the walls of my home office next to my wife’s. While I work in a heavily degreed industry, I really don’t see anyone’s diploma on workplace walls very often. I think they’re quickly trumped by more pressing demands for the space; maps and diagrams, professional achievements, family pics, etc.

Those I do see displayed with regularity are for careers in the medical community, CPAs, Financial advisors, etc.

My BA diploma is gone… and good riddance. For me it is a reminder of an incredibly bad college experience at Western Michigan University and how they screwed me over.

If I never see it again it will be too soon.
Who, me? Bitter? No, not at all.

I had a bunch of diplomas and such - BA, JD, various martial arts certs - in a large atlas. Just about the only place I could think of keeping them flat and relatively undamaged.

Maybe 10 years ago I got a call out of the blue from some lady. Apparently she picked up an atlas from a library’s used book sale, and it had all these diplomas and stuff in it. Apparently we had donated the book to a booksale without realizing what was in it. So I guess that suggests how much they meant to me!

At the time, I kinda planned on hooking up with her to get them back, but never got around to it.

The actual diploma is in the plain blue folder they gave it to me in, on my childhood desk in my parents’ house, where I put it down the day after I got it more than 5 years ago. The color copy that I made of it and gave to the shiny-wood-backed-diploma people is very shiny, and on a wood back. I used to have it hanging near my desk at home, but since moving, it’s sitting on a pile of other stuff that isn’t hanging because my desk is in the living room, which seems an awkward place for a diploma.

The diploma is in the bathroom. The Teaching Credentials and Certifications are stashed in the safe deposit box.

My BSc is in the nice leather thingamabob on my bookshelf. My MS is at my parent’s house somewhere, because that’s where it was mailed.

The oddest place I’ve ever seen a college diploma was whole and in my shredder. It was odd, because I’d forgotten GingerOfTheNorth had packed it there. Actually, I’d forgotten about the diplomas (College & HS) altogether, and didn’t need to unpack the shredder. I only went into that box because I vaguely recalled GingerOfTheNorth putting something other than a shredder in the shredder box, and I was looking for something else.

I made four color copies of my B.S. degree, laminated them, and used them as placemats on the dining room table for a few years. That was the most it was good for.

Mine is in the folder it came in when they sent it to me a few weeks ago.

I haven’t decided what to do with it, it represents a victory of sorts for myself (as much as my high school diploma does) but I don’t have a place to hang it up… and hanging it up seems a little pretentious to me. So it’ll probably stay with my other certificates in the folder I have for that purpose.

Ummmmmmmm - not sure. Maybe in a folder in the filing cabinet in my Dad’s study at my parents’ house on the other side of the world? Nobody has asked to see it since I got admitted as a solicitor and got a practising certificate as evidence of my qualifications!