What does Chris Tucker do when he is not making Rush Hour movies?

Not that I am a huge fan. My wife likes Jackie Chan. I happened to look up Rush Hour 3 on IMDB. Chris Tucker has made 3 movies in the last 10 years- all Rush hour movies. Jackie Chan has made about 50 in the last 10 years.
It just seems bizarre for an actor to only make 3 movies in 10 years. Are there other actors who do this?

Wow. I was coming in here to say, “but he was great in the Fifth Element,” but that was 1997!

:eek:

IMDB:

What does Chris Tucker do when he is not making Rush Hour movies?

Nothing. After he’s finished a Rush Hour movie, the studio deactivates him. He’s then put back into the storage closet until the studio greenlights another Rush Hour movie.

He is the world’s preeminent collector of Chris Tucker videos and DVDs and spends much of his time watching them. Included amongst them are the many different language versions of the Rush Hour trilogy.

Either he’s doing standup, or he spends his days eating salads made out of finely diced and elegantly prepared $100 bills, garnished with used platinum cards. That’s my guess.

I don’t know, but I dig the concept- make a movie, kick back, relax and live luxuriously off that 20 mil for a few years, make another, rinse and repeat.

That would make him worth more than Will Smith/Brad Pitt/George Clooney, which I seriously doubt.

It doesn’t take many millions to be able to kick back merrily for a few years.

From wikipedia:

If Wikipedia is to be trusted, he really isn’t doing much besides the Rush Hour films:

He made $20 million each from Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3, and he is guaranteed another $20 million from his next film. On the basis of just Rush Hour he apparently decided that he will only do roles that make him $20 million. As long as he continues to have hits with his films, he can continue to do that.

*Tucker held out from studio bosses until they paid his price tag of $20 million for Rush Hour 2,[9]; the film became an enormous success. The other star, Jackie Chan, received $15 million and gross points.

Tucker’s last two films were Rush Hour and its sequel. His latest appearance was the third film in the hit franchise, which was released on August 10, 2007. Despite a flurry at the start of his career, he has only made three film appearances since 1998, all as Detective James Carter. Tucker’s career trajectory is unusual in that, while he has made such a relatively small number of films, he has already become a member of the unofficial “20 million per film” club, joining such actors as Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Tom Cruise and Will Smith. Tucker signed a two movie contract with New Line Cinema for 40 million dollars to star in Rush Hour 3 and another unnamed film. He is also to receive 20% of the gross against his salary from the 3rd Rush Hour film.[10]*

ETA: The dreaded triple post :slight_smile:

Don’t be silly. Chris Tucker died of AIDS after Friday came out. Everyone knows that. Or, at least, everybody knew that at one point…

Daniel Day-Lewis comes to mind.

I think mentioning DDL in a Chris Tucker thread threatens the integrity of the space-time continuum.

I read an interview with him in Playboy (yes I do read the articles), and the impression I got was just what Wee Bairn said. He really doesn’t do much. He mentioned in the article that in order to get ready for the role in Rush Hour 3, he did stand up for a couple of months to get back into the swing of things. That implied to me that he wasn’t doing stand-up before that.

So yeah…pretty much nothing.

Well colour me wrong - consider my ignorance not so much fought as trounced and forced to pay crushing reparations to the victors.

One of the only times I’ve seen him outside Rush Hour was in a documentary.

He was helping Bono with aid in Africa. I think he spends at least some of his time and money trying to bring relief to those in Africa.

I like to think that, for fun, Chris Tucker drives around and goes to various drive thru’s to annoy the plebes wearing the headsets.

Cashier - Welcome to Wendys, can I take your order?

Chris Tucker - YEAH, I’D LIKE TWO JUNIOR BACON CHEESEBURGERS AND A MEDIUM COKE!

Cashier - Would you like any fries with that?

Chris Tucker - DID YOU HEAR ME SAY I WOULD LIKE FRIES WITH THAT? DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT FRIES WITH THAT? JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN BACON CHEESEBURGERS AND SHUT THE F*** UP!

On second thought, that sounds less like Chris Tucker and more like me. :smiley:

Heck, if he follows the Eddie Murphy route, he doesn’t even have to have hits. He can just get his name in the news once in a while for giving a hitchhiking transsexual prostitute a life or getting a has-been celebrity pregnant, and then keep raking in the dough from craptastical remakes of beloved classic children’s films.

It’s nice work if you can get it.

Stranger

Yeah, but he was busy being a cordwainer in Italy. So we know exactly what he was doing: making shoes.