When will I get the stimulus tax rebate?

I checked the site somebody posted where you can get the date of the tax rebate not refund). However, even though I put in my social security number and other other info, it said it could not find the information.

The only thing I could find is the chart that showed my last two social security number digits indicated it would be deposited by 5/9. To date, no deposit has been made.

I filed electronically, and refunds or amount owed are direct to my checking account, as they have always been.

I called IRS and the person did not seem to know if there was any way, and told me to be patient. Good answer, eh?

Anybody know how I can check to make sure I’m going to get the rebate, as we should on the joint return we filed, and not been overlooked in the shuffle?

Did you owe money or receive a refund? If you owed money, did you actually put your direct deposit information on the form sent to the IRS? If you paid electronically, unless you included your bank account information on your return, you will be receiving a check rather than a direct deposit. The IRS site shows dates for check mailing, which are well after the direct deposit dates.

Also, all of the dates are for returns filed by April 15. If you filed after April 15, you will receive your rebate later.

Are you sure you are eligible? For example, if your AGI was greater than $75,000, you will receive a reduced amount or nothing. There are other conditions, too.

Stimulus payment calculator here:
http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/

You can check the status of your rebate here: https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC

It’s not ultra-useful, though, because “Specific information about your Stimulus Payment will not be available until about one week before your payment is scheduled to be sent.”

So since my SSN ends with 98, I don’t get my check until mid-July. Swell.

Hah. Mine ends in 89, so we’re equally screwed. ::high five::

Did you have any fees, such as filing or transfer fees deducted from your refund?
Yesterday I received an email from TurboTax concerning the stimulus refund for my step daughter, I did her taxes and filed them electronically.

From TurboTax:
Recently, you may have received a letter from the IRS advising you when to expect your Economic Stimulus Payment (rebate). That IRS letter may have inadvertently left off some important information. Taxpayers who chose to have their tax preparation fees deducted from their federal tax refund will receive their tax rebate in the mail, not via direct deposit.

Our records show that you chose this payment option in TurboTax. As a result, the IRS has determined that you will receive your tax rebate in the mail. This may result in you receiving your rebate on a date later than expected.

This situation, while not unique to TurboTax, is understandably causing some concern and confusion. To help further clarify the situation, below is the most current IRS rebate payment processing schedule, as well as additional resources about the tax rebates.

My step daughter has to wait till the end of June for her money now.

I filed electronically with Turbo Tax and I had to pay taxes this year (damn you, ex-wife!) and the IRS took the payment directly out of my bank account. The stimulus site shows no info on my tax rebate.

I did not have to pay any preparation fees due to to the amount I made.

:smack:

They’re past the date when they say they’re mailing mine, but don’t have the notice up for my number.

I’m really glad I read this thread. I’ve been wondering where mine was- I should have been one of the first based on my ssn- and so have some other people I know. I’ve tried to call one of the two numbers they give out to check on it, but never could get through. The website says no information but the calendar says mailed out by last Friday. Crossing my fingers!

Anybody got it yet? Not me!

Me either but I had my filing fee deducted from my refund.

Yes, at the May 9 date as projected.

Not ours either, but we had our amount owed debited from our bank. Evidently, according to Eric Halfabee’s info there, we will be recieving a paper check.

Oh well, it’s like money from home anyway. I’m just going to turn around and send it back to them for this year’s estimated taxes. I wish the IRS could just keep it and credit our account.

FYI there are huge issues right now with the IRS and all of the tax prep places offering “rapid refunds” and or refund anticipation loans. Since the direct deposit information on the returns all goes to the tax prep company not the taxpayer, hundreds of thousands of the stimulus checks were dumped via direct deposit to the tax prep companies.

Alot of the people freaking out about where the money is will be waiting a while for the IRS and the private tax people to sort it out.

I got mine - a check for $1.57.
:slight_smile:

Mine ends in 11, so I should have already gotten it, according to that table. But the individual tracking link posted above shows it as going to be mailed on June 13. So, either they’re way behind, or they’re not really going by that table, or my return took “extra processing” as mentioned below the table. My tax returns are about as simple as they get, so I find it hard to believe that it needed extra processing.

I got mine about a week late (paper check).

Why so small?