Battlestar Galactica 4.10 'Sine Qua Non' (open spoilers)

It’s episode 10, unless you don’t count ‘Razor’ in this season’s episodes.

Spoiler policy: If it’s already aired (and it has), it’s fair game. Speculation based on nothing but what’s already been aired is fair game. If it’s about what may or may not have been revealed in the previews for next week, use your own common sense, courtesy and discretion. Some people deliberately avoid watching previews because they sometimes reveal too much. If you have leaked spoiler information that hasn’t been aired or officially revealed, you must spoiler box and label it.

If you do use a spoiler box, please label what it’s about. “Re: previews,” or “total spoiler from spoiler site” helps us decide whether we want to look.

This episode has already aired in the UK. I’ve given you fair warning so you don’t have to carefully watch time-stamps and avert your eyes.

Cervaise has provided a helpful speling guide for character names. :wink:

Bit of a “meh” episode I thought, overall. I felt that some of the characters didn’t behave consistently. From what I’ve seen of him, I wouldn’t have thought that Tom Zarek would have given up the presidency just because the admiral didn’t approve of his administration. A lot of it seemed to be an exercise in role juggling: Lee to President, Tigh to Admiral, Adama to …what exactly? Just Husker, I guess.

Plenty of Dopers have speculated that Cottle is the final Cylon: was there a clue to this when the Six died on the operating table, holding Cottle’s hand and seeing him bathed in light? It did remind me of the final five in the opera house as seen by the Three.

ETA: As far as I know, next week the situation will be the same: BSG will air in the UK two days before the US.

We seem to be in a good episode bad episode cycle. After last week’s fantasticness, last night was very Meh. When the 6 in the brig was rubbing her throat after being picked up by Tigh, I was wondering if he has given himself away by being too strong. She certainly looked thoughtful.

Wait - this week’s episode was TUESDAY, not Friday?

I had no idea. frak.

Tuesday is the normal BSG day for the UK and Ireland. I understand that you guys skipped a week recently (because of a holiday?), so now instead of being four days behind the US, we’re suddenly three days ahead.

Stupid Memorial day…Letting you guys get the jump on us! :slight_smile: I have no willpower, so I am now going to be spoiled for the eps for the rest of the season - which is what? Like 2 more episodes?

What the hell? What did we fight the war for?!

/me backs out of the thread without looking

Definitely a character cost-saving episode. They must be saving some of the action FX budget for later.

I liked the fight scene between Tigh & Adama. I kept wondering if Tigh was going to go all Cylon and kick Adama’s ass, but then I remembered Adama seemed to hold his own against Leoben during the mini-series. Of course, Leoben was suffering from radiation sickness at the time.

Now that’s a question. During the mini-series Cylons couldn’t survive long in the radiation nebula thing around the weapon’s depot, but Tigh, Tyrol & Tory were there suffering no ill effects.

Guess these final five really are from earth, and different than the others. That would also explain Cottle’s uh, discovery.

How’s that work? I thought in order to conceive, Cylons had to be all in love and stuff.

I loved hearing Adama say: “Galactica this is Husker.” Yay, Husker’s back in the pilot seat.

Yes, but somehow *really wrong * to hear Tigh reply, “This is Galactica Actual.”

If the episode that played was “Sine Qua Non” you are further ahead than 3 days. “Sine Qua Non” does not play here until June 6. We still have “Guess What’s Coming to Dinner? - Part 2” on May 30 (Friday).

Hm. Nope. There’s no Part 2 for that. Here’s a TV.com episode guide.

What? That was a one parter, I thought.

:confused:

Hulu says it is a two parter:

http://www.hulu.com/battlestar-galactica

Hulu is a NBC Universal property just like the Sci Fi Channel.

He looks mighty suave in that flightsuit. And Lee’s full name is William Joseph-thought so.

I can forgive that taxation without representation thing, but not this.

I saw that on Hulu too, but if you click on what’s supposed to be part 2, it’s really just the first one.

To make my life complete, they need to contrive some reason to get Tigh into a flightsuit (what was his call-sign, anyway?) so Bill & Saul could fly together and watch each other’s backs like the old days, one last time. I bet those two could tear up the sky.

I was under the impression (for some reason) that Tigh was a Marine, not a pilot.

-Joe

Naw, he was a pilot. From the miniseries (and memory), Adama said something to Tigh about Starbuck being the best pilot he’d ever seen, I think the general gist was “She’s better than I was, and twice as good as you.”

An odd thing to say if Tigh wasn’t a pilot.

Yeah, Tigh’s complete backstory has never been completely clear. What we’ve been shown, and what Ron Moore has written about him don’t always jive.

Marines can be pilots though. Maybe when you start out as a Marine, you stay a Marine, in terms of your promotions and rank titles.

During my career in the military, I was Army, but always stationed in joint-service units. I was always promoted along my Army career track, and my pay & personnel records were all Army, but I’ve served under Air Force, Marine & Navy commanders, and their respective units. It was weird being Army, then getting stationed on an Air Force base and being issued a flight suit and occasionally joining air crews.