Battlestar Galactica 4.11 - "The Hub" (spoilers ahead)

(see note on episode numbering - one more episode to go, then we get the long break before the final 10 eps)

(character name spellings)

Spoiler policy: If it’s been aired, or if it’s pure speculation about future events, no need for a spoiler box. If it’s from a future episode, as revealed in promotional materials or interviews, or if it’s speculation based on same, put it in a spoiler box, and label the box as to the general nature of its contents so we can better decide whether or not to take the risk of looking at it.

Example:

Before the MTV Movie Awards, Edward James Olmos gave a brief interview in which he saidhe wishes Marky Mark would bring back the sexy underpants.

New episode tonight. Last week, UK viewers got to see it before US fans, because we skipped a week due to Memorial Day. It appears, based on the lack of a thread in the last couple of days, that the UK schedule has now skipped back, and we’ve returned to the US-first-UK-a-few-days-later routine. If I’m wrong, I welcome correction. If I’m right, it sucks to be them; a one-week tease is pretty lame.

Anyway, here’s the preview for this week’s installment. Massive spoiler right from the first frame. Sensitive viewers beware. (Also, SciFi may push an ad for Shyamalan’s Happening before the preview begins, so be prepared to wait a bit.) For the record, the big shocker climax in the preview looks to me to be a rather significant piece of misleading editing; there’s a much more likely candidate for the recipient of that statement. If you want to discuss it, please spoiler-box your posts (labeled “comments on preview” or some such) until the episode actually airs.

Some recap:

Adama’s sitting in his Raptor, reading and waiting.

Roslin and the Renegade Basestar didn’t feature at all last week, so we should expect some revelations on that point tonight. The title of this ep, “The Hub,” is, I think it’s safe to say, a clue.

Tigh’s now in charge of the military. Caprica Six is carrying his poptart. And Athena, presumably, is in for a long stay in the brig.

Speaking of who’s in charge, Lee’s now the President. Given how crappy Tigh’s previous tenure was, I think we should assume Lee’s going to demand a somewhat longer leash as civilian leader. He’ll probably get it, too.

Baltar’s still floating around, though he’s been sidelined for a couple of weeks. And what Tyrol is doing, joining the nymph squad, is still a mystery.

SciFi tonight. Be there!

Correction: Baltar is on the base ship that jumped to the Resurrection Hub.

Aw shit, you’re right.

</turns in BSG fan card>

Either they did some sneaky editing on that preview (likely) or they gave away the Big Mystery.

Details on the preview:Although it’s edited to suggest D’Anna is saying it to Roslin, I’d be willing to bet she’s actually saying it to Anders, and the shot we see of Roslin is actually her snapping around in response to that revelation.

I agree we’re getting sneaking editing regarding the preview.

Last week’s ep was perfectly okay, but I’m dying to know what’s happening on the Basestar.

I was confused last week when the Galactica jumped away from the fleet and found a bunch of Cylon wreckage that was apparently a resurrection hub. Are there lots of resurrection hubs?

Huh? Galactica jumped away from the fleet to scout out the Hub to see what had happened with the Base Star.

Same hub. Now rubble. Only one in existence as far as we know.

-Joe

I’m still confused. There are resurrection ships, one of which got destroyed by Cavil, then there are resurrection hubs. I thought there was only one of those, and it was a big deal.

Actually, Cavil didn’t destroy a resurrection ship, he just sent the rebels to a rendezvous point without a R-ship. Then he blew the frak out of the rebels.

The surviving Basestar wakes up and jumps to a place where there’s at least one other Basestar and a R-ship, launches Vipers and at least one of them is taken out in the battle, and one Raptor manages to jump back to the fleet, but it’s dead too.

I assumed this was the hub. If it wasn’t the hub, then it was the scene of the original rebel massacre, but then there wouldn’t have been a destroyed R-ship there, and why would the Hybrid have jumped back there anyway?

There must be multiple hubs and a resurrection ship and a resurrection hub are the same thing, and Galactica got the coordinates for this hub from the dead Raptor?

So the rebel Basestar is jumping around hoping to find a hub and not get immediately attacked, then they’re going to have to snatch some D’annas quick then jump back to where Adama is waiting?

There are multiple resurrection ships, but there is only one hub. Only the Hybrids know how to get the hub. The hub is the center of the whole resurrection scheme, the ships are just remote nodes.

I’m not getting the confusion here.

-Joe

Actually, I’d guess it to be Starbuck, not Anders. Which would be even more reason for Roslin to snap her head around, given her past relationship with Kara.

Hmm… this thing has corners! HE’S A CYLON!!!

So there is only one hub. Now destroyed. So I guess they got a D’anna off it first?

Okay, there’s only one hub. It’ pretty important. Cavil just destroyed it and now all the Cylons are equally screwed. That what you’re saying?

I’m glad this is all so obvious to you.

Cavil didn’t destroy the Hub. When his basesters and the rebel basestars jumped he made sure the resurrection either jumped somewhere else or not at all. With the rebels out of range of a resurrection ship any rebel Cylons that died stayed dead.

Right, but I’m talking about last ep. They recovered flight data from Roslin’s Raptor which put them “deep into sector D-19 (or something).” They jump there and find debris from “resurrection technology” and Adama says “they found the hub and destroyed it.”

Well, I guess we’re about to find out. Show’s starting in a couple minutes.

The hybrid did jump because of Natalie’s murder, it’s confirmed.

Cables? Towed? The writers have never heard of Newton’s laws of motion?

Go, Laura!

Hey! Is this suppose to be some Christ allegory? I’m kinda getting that sense from Baltar…

I wish we got this in HD up here :frowning:

What, you want to see Adam’s warts and pores? :slight_smile:

No, spacefights!