Sunday venting; Thaddeus [S.] can die choking on his own shit! (long rant warning)

Like most convenience stores we have strict limits on how much money can be in the register at any one time. Anything larger than a ten dollar bill goes directly into the drop safe; smaller bills are manualy dropped as needed. We are not supposed to have more than $100 in the till at any given time. We even have signs up (“Less than $75 kept in safe”, “There are times when our cash reserves are very low and we are unable to accept large bills”). The only time of day we have large amounts of money in the register is early in the morning when the store manager is doing paperwork for the bank deposit. I could fill several Pit threads with tales of assholes who hand me a $100 bill for small order and expect me to empty my till giving them $70+ worth of change:rolleyes:. This isn’t about them. A customer came in this morning and purchased a $100. He payed in 20s (which were promptly dropped). Nothing unusual. About 2:15pm he came in and wanted to return it (he needed cash for whatever he was going to use it for). My coworker told him we couldn’t cash it and he asked if he could go to another location and cash it. She wasn’t sure so she called me upfront. I told him that yes another location could cash it if they had the cash onhand. He left. Twenty minutes later he came in just as I was about to start closing out the registers and getting the next shift logged on. He needed the cash now. Again I explained that we didn’t have enough in the register. He started asking “What about the money I gave you this morning?” I told him that it was in the safe and we do not have access to the safe. Now in situtations like this the supervisor on duty (me) does have the discretion to asked the customer to come back in a few hours and we’ll try to save up enough cash. I don’t have to do this and am allowed to refuse a refund and have the customer see the store manager in the morning. Because he was a regular I cut him a break and told him that if he came back on 2nd shift we could ask them to save the cash. All this did was pissed him off. He wanted it NOW. I kept explaining to him we couldn’t open the safe. He started insisting that we call the SM at home (who’s been working 3rd shift so it’d be like calling him at 2:30am) to drive over and just open the safe. He got madder and kept insisting "I’ll get a late fee. I can’t afford to wait, you need to do this now. Meanwhile my coworker was ringing up customers and noticed she had enough to cash if he was willing to accept mostly 5s and 1s. He gave her the money order and said “Just do it” (not at all pleased with so many small bills). I started to wait on another customer (a line had built up). He didn’t stop. He kept going on about how we should have enough to cash, why I should call my SM, he even pulled the “customer is always right” bullshit. :mad: He was getting his fucking money at this point. Then the asshole started telling be not to have a “panic attack” and that I need a xanax. By this point I’d stopped pretending to be nice and I told him I wasn’t having panic attack. Asshole kept repeating it and smiling :mad:. The other customers looked like they were seeing Martians running around. As my coworker gave him his cash he got even more smug kept repeating “You need a xanax” and smiling. I snapped and yelled at to get the FUCK out of the store. He left. You’re probally wondering about the thread title. My coworker has lived in the local neighborhood for most of her life. She knews his name; his real name (not just his street name). It’s Thaddeus [S.] :p. It would be entertaining if that worthing piece of shit dies horribley, Begging for life, ties streaming down his cheeks, pissing himself, voiding his bowels out of fear, in agongy:). Maybe a passer by will piss on his corpse as it lies rotting in the gutter. Eventually I suppose the health department will be called and he’ll wind up in bag buried in mass grave in Potter’s field :D. I plan on calling my SM later when he’ll be awake and I’ve calmed down. I let y’all know how that goes. Happy Mother Teresa Day all :cool:.

Maybe you should find a different job.

I think you should take a Xanax.

Paragraphs would be nice, too.

Um, I tried to edit the OP down for readability. It’s the only way I can process it, and I figured I’d share the product with anyone else who wasn’t able to get through it as is. But I gave up about a quarter of the way through. That’s a first for me, to be totally defeated by a block of text.

Yeah, is your enter key broken? That wall of text is impenetrable.

I also tried to add some line breaks or anything else to assist in the readability of that stream of consciousness. I did not succeed. Next time I will try much harder. Really the whole thing is just about someone who is upset at a customer, just like we see on here all the time. I’m can understand that though, there are a lot of people who suck to have as customers, and obviously, this Doper came across one. Oh well, I hope everyone has a good day. Again, I apologize for not being able to finish the job I attempted. asdfasdifha. awetfaiwo awefao awsero foeih eopi[‘fje ejhoija d.,fjieeof… ;)adf jilojfleijf O)adf lkehfhoihdfa fhdiowef:smack: sdfkjhukeu dhkei fjla;’.einfv fhielsmkdnf woeijhflnikd nrihjoig’alod fnbuie9f 4 kd nfiweoio;;dki e fiooisdf :dubious:f asklh rhe hjfi ehfoldl iwoifjdikkslljf99iel’;a hjv99e fu edfasdfgrfaf:p bnuise fhuid kfihskuihfoih di;f;eihfdiodojfo;9iehdo9fo;dji;awe oir c aoweifha ;osdifhafiohas;doifhas;doifhas;odifha;sdoifha;sdofihas;doifhs;doifhdiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifa uhsd;afihse; oifhw;eoirhawe; oirhbaweoirhbwoepirbywpeo8rbywoperybawpoeiryabpweoirbyawpeoifhawpeofh adsdpfoia sdfahypsdofiy asdiofuanpsodifaypsdoif aysdpfuiahsdopifbasdpoif aspdoifh aspdoifhasb dpoif hasdpoifha bsdpofia hsdpofiahsdbopifashd fiaosdhf asdpoifaps dfahsdpf aosdifha spodifhas dofiahsd foiasdh faoisdhf asodifh asdoipfha sdiopfa sdfoiah sdfoiasd bhpof8yfp a8nmhfpa8we yfp8wenhxapw9e8y pefsdhfpowe8 bnfympxweo fp8fnwep98 aehdfpn8weyfa89wcefy 9p8fhsdp8fbynwep98ry sd;fn nsd8fyahwe fb98anhf p sf8yawep9f8y dpfaf8 aspfui dlfjha ag sphdf papd8fhawepboifhawbepofiahbepofiahbepfoahsepfoiae

It sounds like he’s had enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

I lost the OP after ( long rant warning ). Did I miss anything?

I don’t understand. What did he actually buy?

I THINK he means a money order.

I’d be sure to call him Thaddeus, pronounced in as dismissive a tone as you can summon up, every time you see him and at the end of every sentence.

“Hello Thaddeus
“Can I help you with anything Thaddeus?”
“Is this all, Thaddeus?”
“Anything else Thaddeus?”
“Have a good day, Thaddeus

Then I’d take a Xanax and study up on coherent paragraphs. :wink:

On a similar topic, we had a guy walk in with half a $100 bill this morning and ask if we could take it. Conveniently just after the register had been cashed out. The answer is NO. Then he pulled out a wad of change, which he probably got from some idiot for the other half of the bill.

Holy cow!! Did anyone really read that?!

Kudos to you if you got through it.

There’s just no way I could make any sense from it. All I wanted to know was who Thaddeus [S.] was. . . and I saw it bolded, so I thought it would be easy enough to figure out, but no. Just no way.

Then I thought the posts would help out. But a big no to that as well.

So the only thing I share with the OP is that it’s Sunday and I’m now venting. Gah!

I removed the rant target’s real last name from the title, OP and a subsequent post. It just seemed like a good idea.

GAHH, don’t you all understand, there’s not enough change in the register to break the OP into paragraphs! :smack:

:smiley:
CMC +fnord!

Wow, when I saw Thaddeus S., I thought maybe the ghost of Andrew Johnson had come back to rant about Thaddeus Stevens.

At least that might have been coherent.

Thanks. With your change, the OP finally makes sense.

Well, I read it, and the guy was a douchebag.

I think I’ve divided this into reasonable chunks of text:

Like most convenience stores we have strict limits on how much money can be in the register at any one time. Anything larger than a ten dollar bill goes directly into the drop safe; smaller bills are manualy dropped as needed.

We are not supposed to have more than $100 in the till at any given time. We even have signs up (“Less than $75 kept in safe”, “There are times when our cash reserves are very low and we are unable to accept large bills”). The only time of day we have large amounts of money in the register is early in the morning when the store manager is doing paperwork for the bank deposit. I could fill several Pit threads with tales of assholes who hand me a $100 bill for small order and expect me to empty my till giving them $70+ worth of change.

This isn’t about them. A customer came in this morning and purchased a $100. He payed in 20s (which were promptly dropped). Nothing unusual.

About 2:15pm he came in and wanted to return it (he needed cash for whatever he was going to use it for). My coworker told him we couldn’t cash it and he asked if he could go to another location and cash it. She wasn’t sure so she called me upfront. I told him that yes another location could cash it if they had the cash onhand. He left.

Twenty minutes later he came in just as I was about to start closing out the registers and getting the next shift logged on. He needed the cash now. Again I explained that we didn’t have enough in the register. He started asking “What about the money I gave you this morning?” I told him that it was in the safe and we do not have access to the safe.

Now in situtations like this the supervisor on duty (me) does have the discretion to asked the customer to come back in a few hours and we’ll try to save up enough cash. I don’t have to do this and am allowed to refuse a refund and have the customer see the store manager in the morning.

Because he was a regular I cut him a break and told him that if he came back on 2nd shift we could ask them to save the cash. All this did was pissed him off. He wanted it NOW. I kept explaining to him we couldn’t open the safe. He started insisting that we call the SM at home (who’s been working 3rd shift so it’d be like calling him at 2:30am) to drive over and just open the safe.

He got madder and kept insisting "I’ll get a late fee. I can’t afford to wait, you need to do this now. Meanwhile my coworker was ringing up customers and noticed she had enough to cash if he was willing to accept mostly 5s and 1s. He gave her the money order and said “Just do it” (not at all pleased with so many small bills).

I started to wait on another customer (a line had built up). He didn’t stop. He kept going on about how we should have enough to cash, why I should call my SM, he even pulled the “customer is always right” bullshit. He was getting his fucking money at this point.

Then the asshole started telling be not to have a “panic attack” and that I need a xanax. By this point I’d stopped pretending to be nice and I told him I wasn’t having panic attack. Asshole kept repeating it and smiling .

The other customers looked like they were seeing Martians running around. As my coworker gave him his cash he got even more smug kept repeating “You need a xanax” and smiling.

I snapped and yelled at to get the FUCK out of the store. He left.

You’re probally wondering about the thread title. My coworker has lived in the local neighborhood for most of her life. She knews his name; his real name (not just his street name). It’s Thaddeus [S.] .

It would be entertaining if that worthing piece of shit dies horribley, Begging for life, ties streaming down his cheeks, pissing himself, voiding his bowels out of fear, in agongy. Maybe a passer by will piss on his corpse as it lies rotting in the gutter. Eventually I suppose the health department will be called and he’ll wind up in bag buried in mass grave in Potter’s field .

I plan on calling my SM later when he’ll be awake and I’ve calmed down. I let y’all know how that goes.

Happy Mother Teresa Day all .