Werewolf (Mafia)--The Split [Signups--In progress]

General Rules

Werewolf, or Mafia, is a game of wits and strategy, one of building up lies or tearing them down, where a large, confused town tries to take down the small, slick group of werewolves.

At the beginning of the game, each player is assigned an alignment–‘town’, or ‘werewolf’. The werewolves know who each other are, while each townperson does not know who anyone else is. Each day, the town gets together and kills one of their number, in an effort to weed out the werewolves. At night, the wolves talk privately, and covertly kill one of the town.

This is specifically designed to be a newbie-friendly game. So I’m only going to allow…say…half of the slots to old hands. 18 is the minimum, though we can certainly have more. If there isn’t enough interest, I can start this after Munchkin Mafia (the more complicated one).

More general rules:
If you’re in the game, post! If you can’t, then talk to me privately, I might be able to sub you out. If you suddenly just stop posting though, you’ll be modkilled.

The town’s kill is decided by vote. Vote in bold and blue. Unvote in bold and red. This insures that I find and count your votes. The person with the most votes at the end of the day is killed.

Each Day is five days long. Each Night is two days long.

The scum can talk privately at any time, day or night.

More Specific Rules

The townspeople here weren’t exactly friendly to each other in the first place. Each townsperson is either a Rancher or a Farmer. The Ranchers and Farmers have hated each other all the way back. The werewolf attack is a perfect opportunity for the groups to run each other out of town.

The Ranchers win if all the werewolves are dead and there are more Ranchers than Farmers. The Farmers win if all the werewolves are dead and there are more Farmers than Ranchers.
The werewolves win if they outnumber the remaining town.
Also, a scientist has recently invented the Werewolf Testerizer, a machine that should be able to determine whether the target is a werewolf or townsperson. It does, but for some reason, it spits out first one color, and then another. This somehow correlates to that person’s role. Each day, the townspeople can also vote (in bold and purple) on who they want put in the Werewolf Testerizer. Halfway through the day, the purple leader will be put in, and the two colors will be revealed.

Sign me up. I can’t wait.

I’ve seen these threads before and have been intrigued. Sign me up.

Since this is a newbie game, I’ll sit out, but I suppose you can call on me as a sub or to fill a vacant slot as necessary. So, call me a sub, I guess.

I haven’t played one of these in ages. Sign me up, too!

So Far:

1. Mahaloth
  2. Elendil’s Heir
  3. Freudian Slit

Subs: Blaster Master

does scum have a chance or will this be an exercise in watching a town power roles march to victory again?.

Power roles will be a) pretty much inconsequential, and b) very few in number.

zuma, it doesn’t matter. Whatever side your on will lose; it’s tradition.

True. I will sit this out which is for the best… Sorry for the intrusion :slight_smile: I’ll come back for the town victory party though. Sorry, sorry!

Hiist, zuma.

You played town in Firefly, didn’t you?

We won!

Pede, I’ll join BlaM on the subs bench. No sense in my taking a spot a new-ish player can take.

i got lynched day one. I don’t count that one.

I’ll join up; hopefully this will go better then the last newbie game where town went O-for.

So Far:

1. Mahaloth
  2. Elendil’s Heir
  3. Freudian Slit
  4. Oredigger77

Subs: Blaster Master, MHaye

I’ll play if zuma will.

Oops. Didn’t read that it was for newbies till after I posted. Is it okay to still play?

Yeah. I don’t mind if some experienced play, as long as it’s not a majority of experienced (unless there aren’t enough new players around, in which case…something else)

I’ll fill a slot if needed but for now sitting waiting for newbies.

Might I suggest that it’d probably be a good idea to have a mod edit the title to note this as a “New Players” game?