Anyone with convergence issues - can you see the 3D in Avatar?

I have issues with convergence of my eyes (Exophoria) and I was never able to see the old type of 3D.

Has anyone else with similar issues tried to see it in 3D?

Please, please, please, do a search for “avatar.” There are three or four threads already dealing with this type of thing.
Such as this one: The 3D in Avatar - Cafe Society - Straight Dope Message Board

This one: Avatar: How much do you have to wear those stupid glasses? (No spoilers) - Cafe Society - Straight Dope Message Board

or this one: If I can only see out of one eye, will the 3-D movie "Avatar" look weird to me? - Cafe Society - Straight Dope Message Board

or this one, which doesn’t have the word “avatar” in the title: 3D at an angle - Factual Questions - Straight Dope Message Board

In short, if you don’t use binocular vision to see the real world in 3D, then you won’t see any 3D effects in a 3D theater showing of Avatar or any other movie. However, if you’re going with friends or relatives, you can put on the glasses and effectively see a 2D version of the movie while watching together*. If going alone, don’t bother paying the 3D surcharge.

*: Some people may benefit from some sort of eye-patch to thoroughly disable the 3D projection. It is my opinion that theaters should have designated glasses that have the same filter on both lenses for people with 3D problems, but if wishes were horses…

This makes me wonder… for people that can’t resolve binocular depth of 3d glasses, why/how can they parse the two different images caused by parallax in the real world?

from this in cafe society: If I can only see out of one eye, will the 3-D movie "Avatar" look weird to me? - Cafe Society - Straight Dope Message Board

we have this post:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=11904992&postcount=22

sounds plausible to me…