Poorly Conceived Shop Names

The other day I saw a hair salon near my home named Electric Flesh. How anyone thought this a good name for their (non-adult video or sex toy) store baffled me, so I came in a bit closer to investigate. Turns out they also ink tattoos, which makes it a little better, but still…

There is also a toy store not far from me called Once Upon a Child. This one gets points off for being a stupid name even before considering the pedophilic connotations.

A friend once had an electrical repair shop and it’s name was Fry Electric. And he wondered why it folded…

I have a picture somewhere of Hong Kong’s Wong Foo King Bookstore.

So where’s the right one?

There is a chain of pet supply stores in Philadelphia called “Doggie Style.” I kid you not.

There’s one in Montreal, too.

There’s a tourist trap highway-side store here in Lancaster called “Amish Stuff”.

It’s a Vibrator AND a Douche, in one convenient package! :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to pass a sign advertising the Hemlock Nursing Home.

I saw a shop in Nice (South of France) called Fanny Pressing. I have no idea what it was.

(The term ‘Fanny’, in the UK doesn’t mean the same as it does in the USA)

Tucson has (had?) a large infant supply store named, perhaps aptly, “Baby Bizarre.”

On my bus ride home from work I pass a steakhouse named Clydesdale and a bar/surf&turf place called Shackleford’s.

A well-known one is the Dedman hospital near Dallas.

And I kinda like the Damphousse roofing company in Lawrence MA.

A pressing is a dry cleaning establishment. Still funny, though.

I bet you can still see the marks on the steak from where the jockey was hitting it. [With apologies to Rodney Dangerfield]

Socrates was there for awhile I hear.

More for the sign than the name, Arlington Pediatric Center.

I don’t think this is a good name for a business - they rent giant inflatable toys for kid’s parties.

Little Monkeys Rental

There’s a pet grooming place nearby called Doggie Styles, but I don’t know if it’s a chain.

There used to be a Chinese takeaway in my home town called the Fook Hing Chinese Restaurant.

And Fanny is an affectionate diminutive for the first name Françoise, very common in the south.

There’s a cutting edge, hip, trendy clothing store near me called Passe’.

That word does not mean what they think it means, I suspect.