Ask the guy who's sick of all the "Ask The <insert topic>?" threads

Dunno about you, but I’m getting fed up with the proliferation of all the threads about those rich, poor, middle-class old Farts who are finally just learning to play hockey with Patriotic American Intellectual Conservative Christian Buddhist people who buy milk in bags with the $186.00 in their wallets even though they haven’t lost their wallet, but doesn’t know where it is and who are typing on an iTouch while their Ambien is finally kicking in, aren’t you?

:wink:

Sorry, it had to be done…

If you’re not part of the solution, are you part of the problem?

Since you’re probably gonna read and reply to this thread, aren’t you going to end up even more sick of these things?

You totally pre-empted my pit thread on the same topic. I just couldn’t get the eloquent vitriol down quite right.

Dear restless attention starved MPSIMS patrons,

We don’t want to hear about your boring-ass life. If you’re a cop or prison doctor or you frequent prostitutes, please continue with your exciting, informative threads. Everybody else: stop.

Sincerely,
everybody ever

Agreed, the “Ask The” threads are nothing more than “The SDMB Does Twitter”

And yes, I realize the hypocritical nature of me creating this thread and continuing to post in it, but I don’t care :wink:

So uh… what’s the secret to Life and/or Happiness as you know it?

And I thought about creating this sort of a thread too but I figured it was too Meta. Though I would have gone about w/ a more subtle parody, but sometimes you just need a good blatant slap across the cheek in your message.

They need a seperate section for “Ask the Guy/Gal”

That’s easy, it’s 42, sheesh, I thought everyone knew that :wink:

ding ding ding!

So I shouldn’t do a “ask the person who can raise your kids’ standardized test scores” thread?

I kid, non-disclosure won’t let me anyway. But if I ever change careers…

No, that makes him part of the precipitate.

So, my new thread about the …

rich, poor, middle-class old Farts who are finally just learning to play hockey with Patriotic American Intellectual Conservative Christian Buddhist people who buy milk in bags with the $186.00 in their wallets even though they haven’t lost their wallet, but doesn’t know where it is and who are typing on an iTouch while their Ambien is finally kicking in…

… who are somehow also addicted to strawberry shakes isn’t really going to impress here, right?

Right???

Dammit… i thought I had a new angle.

:smack:

<disappears to start a thread: “Ask the guy who’s part of the problem, not the solution”>

Have you considered not reading threads you’re not interested in?

Dibs on the “Ask The Guy Who Doesn’t Read Threads He’s Not Interested In” thread.
and the corollary “Ask The Guy Who Doesn’t Post In Threads He’s Not Interested In” thread.

:smiley:

Thank you for the opportunity/setup :slight_smile:

That was pretty nerdy … so, how you doin’?

The problem here is that the mulitude of “Ask the” threads leaves less room for other possibly interesting threads. I share the OP’s frustration and considered making this type thread but I just couldn’t bring myself to do an “ask the” thread.

That said, I have noticed these things are cyclic, soon everyone will get bored of them and we’ll go back to too many TMI threads for a while. I have been toying with discussing my sinus issues and nasal discharges in great detail.

What’s the best website for DIY mac maintainance? I want to prepare a macbook pro of the generation before the one I’m writing this on to sell off… At a minimum I will have to remove the hard drive. I will also need to replace the keyboard if that is cost effective. And the DVD drive thing is jammed but sorta works if you use a credit card (basically just the packaging is bent).

For newer posters, these kinds of threads have been done here for years. What you’re seeing is the long slowly dying tail end of the trend, now that most of the good ideas/jobs/roles have already been done.