Ask the guy who's sick of all the "Ask The <insert topic>?" threads

So, what types of “ask the…” threads make you sick the most? Do you have a least favorite?

Should I start an “Ask The” thread? There is nothing particularly interesting about me, and I have no unique skills or talents to speak of, but I like answering questions. I work a 9-5 job in an office with a business-casual dress code, I’m in bed by 11:00 pm most school nights, have never been arrested, am not particularly wealthy or impoverished, and have only been in one bar fight, but surely I can cobble together some reason why people need to ask me questions.

Facts about me:
I have $4.00 in my wallet.
I am a functional alcoholic.
The youngest person I presently find myself attracted to is 23 years old, and I say he’s too young for me.
I am not a child of money.
I grew up poor, but I think that’s covered, along with every other uninteresting tidbit about myself.
People often like my shoes, and are surprised to find that my selection process almost entirely consists of me buying whatever is in my size (10! Grr!!!) that is the color I’m going for and is under $100.
I think green is a neat looking color.

That’s all I got. Go!

Were you a MeanYoungLady? :wink:

Why yes. Yes I was, actually. And according to my mother, and several others who scrunch their faces in disapproval when I refer to myself as old, I still am.

Yay! For a moment, however brief, it was as though I had my own “Ask The” thread.

Lady-wise, I guess I’d rather inspire brief moments than no moments at all :slight_smile:

I’m [del] super[/del] fine, thanks for asking.

Since we’re both (probably) dudes, how about we just exchange a few epic high fives?

What’s the best way to get rid of earworms? I’ve have the Superman theme playing through my head all night, you see, and I fear I may start putting underwear on over my pants and wearing a cape.

I was considering starting a thread entitled, “Ask The Guy Who Doesn’t Plan On Resonding To A Goddamned Thing Anyone Asks” … but I didn’t think that would fly too well.

Has the “Ask the guy that doesn’t know much and is no one special” thread been started yet?
Becasue it has to be due by now if it hasn’t.

BTW, don’t ask me anything.

sigh http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=12097887&postcount=25

Maybe, I should just put it in my sig or location?

In that case,

How you doin’? :wink:

Do you ever worry that you may reach a point where you are not a functioning alcoholic? Like that line may be crossed one day?

I also like the color green and I think you are swell. :slight_smile:

Yeah. She may make a mistake and cross that line over to functioning non-alcoholic.

(MOL, it is time to stretch that shoe budget to 120 or under. You weren’t gonna do nothing important with that other 20 anyways.

No.

Aw, shucks. The color green and I thank you.

Rum is important!

Macfixit.com or PBparts.com

The hard drive is accessed through the top case assembly, the entire top case has to come off, hard drive is located on the lower left portion of the case, and secured by a pair of Phillips 00 screws to the case with a clamp bracket, the keyboard assembly can be removed and replaced by flipping over the top case, peeling off the black insulator tape and removing the short Phillips 00 screws holding it in place, the ribbon cable connecting it to the top case is very delicate, so be sure to go slowly

keyboard assemblies are generally around $30ish for the part, labor is the big killer

sounds like the lower case assembly DVD housing/slot opening is bent, when the top case is off, you might be able to take a non-marring pry tool (popsicle stick or plastic pry stick and GENTLY bend the slot housing back up to somewhat straight, you’ll never get it back 100A% straight though, you should be able to open it enough for reliable disc load/eject though, it just won’t look as nice as it did before

Barring that, you may have to replace the entire bottom case assembly, generally a $190ish part and easily 2+ hours of labor, as the machine would have to be gutted and rebuilt in the new lower case housing

Ceti Eels tend to work well, if they’re not available, a power drill and 1/4" drill bit also work well :wink: