Thank you, Stoid

In another thread, a number of us became quite heated. While many harsh words were said, one poster made a factually untrue attack on me.

Although Stoid and I were on opposing sides, he came out very quickly with this post directed at the person who was off-sides.

I had to go to Stoid’s profile page to send him a private note of notes. There I found this quote as his signature:

I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who it’s for or against.
-Malcolm X

I wish I could hew as closely to my ideals as he did.

Again, my respectful thanks.

-Paul in Saudi (Qatar, wherever)

I think Stoid is a she, though I can’t recall how I came to this belief.

I have no idea. I check his profile page, but there was no obvious clue.

Stoid is most definitely female, as the lengthy threads on her legal travails have shown. And as her photo at the pic thread shows.

I just checked the blinkin’ photo page! I swear that photo was not there!

… stupid computer machines.

Paul in Saudi regrets the error.

If you thought Stoid was a man, why did you say this?

Fixed title.

Because of things she said sounded to me like something a shrew who hated all men would say. Obviously.

No good deed… right.

Nice OP, Paul. Good show.

Wow. I only just today did a vanity search (i’ve been crazynuts busy…) and saw this.

Damn.

Thanks.

Big thanks.

BIg BIG BIG BIG BIG thanks

WAY LARGE GOSH DAMN NICE HOW COOL BITCHEN THANKS.

Because you said it, made it a point to say it, and most importantly of all, you are talking about something that is incredibly important to me, that I value enormously and absolutely do do my utmost to live by, every single day. And you saw it, and appreciated it, and made a whole damn thread for it.

AWESOME!

You made my day!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(Oh, and yeah, I’m a girl.)

And by the way, I don’t know what your ideals are, but i assume they are closer to mine than one might have thought from that thread, and you are definitely closer to them now. :smiley:

This is all very well, but where is the link to the contentious thread? We nosey folks wanna know!

BTW,** Stoid**–you’re cute. I like that pic of you. :slight_smile:

No need. Undermines the beauty of this thread.

I do, too, which is why it’s my standard pic. It’s VERY flattering, while still accurately representing what I look like. On my best day. With good lighting. And makeup. A few years ago. :cool:

Are you from Perth? I think we chatted the other day somewhere on plants?

No… I’ve live in Los Angeles my whole life. Never been nowheres never done nuthin.

But I do like to garden. :slight_smile:

I remember when she was Stoidela. It was much easier to determine gender then…

That was pre-op.

Which was why I did it, but it was too alien. I’ve always been Stoid - I think I’m pretty unusual in that my Dope handle is my real-world nickname, used by pretty much all of my friends in addressing me going back more than 30 years.

Stoid, I rarely remember names online or in RL, but I hope this can be a wonderful friendship.

I’m sure it can, after all, isn’t the basis of real friendship shared values?

You’ll definitely have to drop 'round for a beer or something if you ever pass through LA in your world travels, that’s for sure.