Neighbor has a orange sign with "8.15.10" on it

In her front yard. I have no clue what it means.

“8.15.10” is the only thing written on this bright orange sign. The sign is similar size to a political sign, about 3’ wide x 2’ ft high.

I have googled “8.15.10” and there is nothing obviously relevant. August 15, 2010 did not give me any relevant results either.

I don’t know this neighbor very well. I do know that her husband died a few months ago and she is also dealing with some serious medical issues (renal failure). She is about 60 yrs old.

Just posting this here to see if the teeming millions might know why my neighbor has has an orange sign with “8.15.10” written on it.

Just so you (and following posters) know, I figured it was a Bible ref, along the lines of Book 8, Chapter 15, Line 10.

But book 8 of the NT (2 Corinthians) doesn’t have a 15th chapter, nor does book 8 of the OT (Ruth). Even if you ignore Ruth and go straight to Samuel I, quoting 15:10 doesn’t make much sense.

I’m nearly positive it’s a date. No clue why that date is important, though. Is the world ending any time soon?

Viral ad for a garage sale?

15 August is the Assumption of Mary, a major feast day in Catholic countries - but no clue about why 15 August of this year should be significant.

Husband’s birthday?

Just to be safe, move house on the 14th.

Have you asked her?

You say she has a medical condition - does that mean you never see her out of the house, or she is bedridden? Why don’t you knock on with some fruit and say, “What’s with the sign outside?”?

Bah! Just pipped at the post. I knew I should have kept it simple. :slight_smile:

It’ll be the 65th anniversary of the announcement declaring Japan’s surrender in WW2.

This may lack relevance (a) because I understand V-J Day is observed on 14 August in the US and (b) it could be totally the wrong explanation for the sign.

This. You may not know all of her “medical issues.”

possibility, someone else put the sign there. she has not seen it because bed-ridden.

Do you have a local election coming up?

Beware the ides of August.

No state primaries scheduled for that date, apparently.

The world is coming to an end again?

I just got finished clearing up after last time.

Nitpick: The ides of August is actually the 13th.

August the 15th was also the date of the “Wow Signal”

Lotsa stuff happened on that day in the past. Maybe she’s a fan of Michael VIII Palaeologus: August 15 - Wikipedia