Annoying Church Sign Messages, part whatever we're at now.

I know we’ve had threads on this before, but I saw one today that really annoyed the hell out of me.

Stop, Drop and Roll
Doesn’t Work in Hell

:rolleyes:

“This church is prayer-conditioned!”
“Give the devil an inch and he will be your ruler.”

Oy.

A church alive is worth the drive!

BARF.

I wish they’d stop being so damn cutesy.

And so hellfire and brimstone.

Why can’t they just advertise coming events or times and stop advertising?

Some of them aren’t so bad. “Nothing is talked about more but practiced less then prayer.” All in all I can’t think of any that annoy me. On the other hand I’m not annoyed by billboards for advertisers either.

Marc

THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH
AND PAYDAY IS COMING

Kids, they’re just applying the Madison Avenue appeal you love so much on prime time TV.

They’re being funny. It’s an effort. Lighten up.

I was going to start a thread about this one:

“People who have known suffering rarely seem unhappy.”

!!!

Is this supposed to be some sort of counter-intuitive deep wisdom? I don’t get it at ALL.

[Paula Poundstone]
I’m sure the wages of sin ARE death…
but after taxes are taken out it’s just a tired feeling, really…
[/Paula Poundstone]

The most important element in any home is God.

Huh?

“Where should we put God?” “Oh, I think He’d look dandy over here between these two wall sconces.”

I channel surf when a prime time (or any time) commercial comes on

Obviously not

Pathetic at best. Insulting at worst.

I will if they will

My favorite:
Got Jesus? Milk won’t save your soul.

To get to heaven: Turn right and go straight.

Recently spoted on St. Joseph Bvd, Orleans, Ontario:

“Nails didn’t hold Jesus to the cross: Love did.”

sings All you need is love… ba ba ba baah…

E.

My favorite: “You will burn in the fires of Hell forever if you don’t join our church”

“WHAT’S MISSING FROM THIS CH CH?
U R”

- and -

IF GOD HAD A REFRIGERATOR, YOUR PICTURE WOULD BE ON IT

“Welcome to McDonalds”

There is a church where I live that has some really creepy messages on it’s sign, they add blood & guts to the old hellfire and brimstone message. One example: A sharp toungue will cut it’s own throat. There always seems to be some mention of physical violence on their sign when I drive past, it’s creepy.

BTW, the signs masonite posted were actually kind of cute. At the very least they aren’t offensive like some of the signs I’ve seen.

“Don’t wait until it takes six men to take you to church”

I see them all the time, there is a church right next door to my kids’ school, and they’ve got a new one on each side of their sign every week. I really only get a good look at one side of the sign, thankfully. This last week’s wasn’t so bad, “Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday”. For the most part, this church is pretty good at not having all Christian glurgy type messages. The one at the beginning of this message is from another, nearby church, that I used to pass everyday, but no longer have to(Thank God! ha!).

~V

“my mind is open to all possibility”

I actually went home and grabbed my camera.